Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Diva Tv & Sky Living Loves

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Diva Tv & Sky Living Loves

Old 22-02-2012, 10:34   #1
kostan
Inactive

kostan is on a distinguished roadkostan is on a distinguished road
Diva Tv & Sky Living Loves

So can we expect replacement channels for these classic,s lmfao
kostan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 22-02-2012, 10:38   #2
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
Re: Diva Tv & SkyLivingLove

Quote:
Originally Posted by kostan View Post
l suspect something will arrive in due course and perhaps l will look into my palantir later today for you to see what that is telling me.
Old 22-02-2012, 13:35   #3
m419
Inactive

Services: BT Broadband,BT Anytime calls,Sky entertainment extra HD,Vodafone pay monthly
m419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quads

This has already been asked, Virgin Media don't have any plans as yet, it's worth noting that it is the broadcasters themelves that decided to close these channels down.

Sky Living Loves was the latest channel to be introduced by Virgin Media Television shortly before it was taken over, a move to boost advertising revenue as well boost viewing statistics, Sky sees no reason to keep this channel open and has decided to close it probably to replace it with something else.
m419 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2012, 13:40   #4
alwaysabear
RIp Sweetness

Services: TiVo Full house sports bundle,Vivid 200, SHUB 3, talk more anytime.
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by m419 View Post
This has already been asked, Virgin Media don't have any plans as yet, it's worth noting that it is the broadcasters themelves that decided to close these channels down.

Sky Living Loves was the latest channel to be introduced by Virgin Media Television shortly before it was taken over, a move to boost advertising revenue as well boost viewing statistics, Sky sees no reason to keep this channel open and has decided to close it probably to replace it with something else.
I had read some where that Sky was using this transponder for Sky F1 as there is limited space available, how true this is I have no idea.
alwaysabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2012, 13:42   #5
richard1960

Services: vm broadband tvxl TiVo, v+ sky sports and phone.

Quote:

I think Alibi HD is due to launch this year and if i remember correctly VM are going to be carrying it.
Old 22-02-2012, 14:31   #6
m419
Inactive

Services: BT Broadband,BT Anytime calls,Sky entertainment extra HD,Vodafone pay monthly
m419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard1960 View Post
I think Alibi HD is due to launch this year and if i remember correctly VM are going to be carrying it.
I was refering to content from NBC Universal and Sky.

Was thinking Virgin Media should add Universal HD and Style Network and with the loss of Sky Living Loves, possibly Sky Travel or even Sky Atlantic
m419 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2012, 14:36   #7
richard1960

Services: vm broadband tvxl TiVo, v+ sky sports and phone.

Quote:
I was refering to content from NBC Universal and Sky.

Was thinking Virgin Media should add Universal HD and Style Network and with the loss of Sky Living Loves, possibly Sky Travel or even Sky Atlantic
Oh i see no chance of sky atlantic at the mo IMO as i think sky are keeping it as a USP.

But the universal HD channel should not be beyond the possibilities.
Old 22-02-2012, 15:21   #8
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

I would prefer all "new" channels to H D ones that we already have . Could some explain why both are used to run the same channel - Can not H D be viewed Non H D sets? Will try when I get home. Using sender to push to my only non H D tv. I am sure I have done that in the past - do not recall a problem ( or perhaps I havent ! get old!!)
Please dont say because it takes up more space when recording.
Itshim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2012, 15:25   #9
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by kostan View Post
Yes.

-Sky Sports F1 is coming to Virgin Channel 516 from March 2nd.
-Channel 5 +1 to launch before April.
-Alibi HD to launch later this year on Virgin Media.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Media Boy UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2012, 15:33   #10
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Services: VM XL TV with VM TiVo 1TB x 2 > VM XL BB > VM XL Telephone
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itshim View Post
I would prefer all "new" channels to H D ones that we already have . Could some explain why both are used to run the same channel - Can not H D be viewed Non H D sets? Will try when I get home. Using sender to push to my only non H D tv. I am sure I have done that in the past - do not recall a problem ( or perhaps I havent ! get old!!)
Please dont say because it takes up more space when recording.
Not all STB's are HD, so you need a box to decode the HD stream first, but yes a non HD tv can view a HD channel (in SD)
Digital Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2012, 15:35   #11
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Fanatic View Post
Not all STB's are HD, so you need a box to decode the HD stream first, but yes a non HD tv can view a HD channel (in SD)
Why did they let you go !

Clear, precise and understandable answer yet again.
Old 22-02-2012, 15:36   #12
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Services: VM XL TV with VM TiVo 1TB x 2 > VM XL BB > VM XL Telephone
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itshim View Post
Why did they let you go !

Clear, precise and understandable answer yet again.
It's their loss mate
Digital Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2012, 15:36   #13
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
Yes.

-Sky Sports F1 is coming to Virgin Channel 516 from March 2nd.
-Channel 5 +1 to launch before April.
-Alibi HD to launch later this year on Virgin Media.
Like for like then
Old 22-02-2012, 15:37   #14
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Fanatic View Post
It's their loss mate
But their loss is our gain on this forum as you show great knowledge on a good many subjects.
Old 22-02-2012, 15:40   #15
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
But their loss is our gain on this forum as you show great knowledge on a good many subjects.