Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Tivo Hidden features that suck!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Tivo Hidden features that suck!

Old 15-03-2012, 16:39   #46
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Re: Tivo Hidden features that suck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlwaring View Post
And it will have both shortly

No you're just taking the p!ss, right?
No just set the bar high
Itshim is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 15-03-2012, 18:30   #47
Tim Deegan
cf.mega poster

Services: 3 phone lines, 100mb broadband, and TV x2 (including one Tivo)
Tim Deegan has reached the bronze age
Tim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itshim View Post
No just set the bar high
And what are you comparing the Tivo to?
Tim Deegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2012, 08:34   #48
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Deegan View Post
And what are you comparing the Tivo to?

I think you need to go back a few posts - What would it take to make Tivo great/ add fresh coffee on demand
Old 17-03-2012, 21:31   #49
Tim Deegan
cf.mega poster

Tim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze age

Quote:
I think you need to go back a few posts - What would it take to make Tivo great/ add fresh coffee on demand
My point was that if you are comparing it to the Sky+HD box, then the Tivo is far more advanced. And will probably develop via updates over coming years in order to satisfy any critics.
Old 19-03-2012, 08:38   #50
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Quote:
My point was that if you are comparing it to the Sky+HD box, then the Tivo is far more advanced. And will probably develop via updates over coming years in order to satisfy any critics.
i am not compering it to anything. A car that can be driven on water is advanced ( I still remember them ) BUT it does not make it great( unless you add the word flop of cause). Tivo is not great it does most of the things I would like on a PVR, some of which I have no use for & therefore to ME are pointless, & is missing again for me some basic ones..

TiVo - "created by nerds for nerds Joe public was an afterthought ( I did not think anyone would want that syndrome) "
Old 19-03-2012, 09:14   #51
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
i am not compering it to anything. A car that can be driven on water is advanced ( I still remember them ) BUT it does not make it great( unless you add the word flop of cause). Tivo is not great it does most of the things I would like on a PVR, some of which I have no use for & therefore to ME are pointless, & is missing again for me some basic ones..

TiVo - "created by nerds for nerds Joe public was an afterthought ( I did not think anyone would want that syndrome) "
Nice to be called a nerd.
Old 19-03-2012, 09:28   #52
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Quote:

TiVo is not a flop at all.

Also if you compare the way TiVo was in the USA versus the changes that VM have had made then its a lot better now, ie interactive features and the on Demand stuff.
Old 19-03-2012, 09:56   #53
carlwaring
Permanently Banned

Services: XL TV, XL Phone, 30mb BB, 1TB Tivo
carlwaring has reached the bronze age
carlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Indeed. 500k installed since launch.
carlwaring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2012, 10:08   #54
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post

Also if you compare the way TiVo was in the USA versus the changes that VM have had made then its a lot better now, ie interactive features and the on Demand stuff.

I think you will find that I am referring to the CAR - which was a GREAT FLOP

---------- Post added at 10:08 ---------- Previous post was at 10:07 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Nice to be called a nerd.

You are more than welcome
Old 19-03-2012, 10:40   #55
Tim Deegan
cf.mega poster

Quote:

I think you are in a very small minority.

If there are features that you want on it, that it doesn't have, then why not recommend them on the VM forum?
Old 19-03-2012, 11:26   #56
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Quote:
I think you are in a very small minority.

If there are features that you want on it, that it doesn't have, then why not recommend them on the VM forum?

Tim

The features I would like are "coming soon" listed many times by myself & lots of others. BBC full red button & reminders ( the did not think any one would want item!)

Old 19-03-2012, 11:31   #57
nstokes
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze

Quote:
Tim

The features I would like are "coming soon" listed many times by myself & lots of others. BBC full red button & reminders ( the did not think any one would want item!)

BBC Red Button is coming before April
nstokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2012, 11:32   #58
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstokes View Post
BBC Red Button is coming before April
So I understand but what year

Old 19-03-2012, 11:34   #59
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
So I understand but what year

This year and thats a fact.
Old 19-03-2012, 11:41   #60
nstokes
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
This year and thats a fact.
Well if it turns out to be April 2013 then alot of people will not be happy as the world will have ended by then. Hold on a sec if the world has ended then people cant be unhappy
nstokes is offline   Reply With Quote