Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Tivo Hidden features that suck!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Tivo Hidden features that suck!

Old 07-03-2012, 17:16   #16
andy_m
cf.mega poster

Services: VIP
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array
Re: Tivo Hidden features that suck!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lew View Post
It can play recordings when the network's down. You just have to press play rather than OK.
THIS is true.
andy_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 07-03-2012, 17:49   #17
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_m View Post
THIS is true.
Seconded

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/
Sirius is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 17:56   #18
andy_m
cf.mega poster

Services: VIP
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array
Re: Tivo Hidden features that suck!

Having read this thread it does appear that most people are griping about things outside Virgin's control-and certainly not Tivo specific-or because they don't fully understand how to use the box. Can I suggest this thread is renamed "I've got a problem with Tivo, before I whinge about it tell me where I'm going wrong".
andy_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 18:00   #19
Dash: CF noob
cf.geek

Services: VM MAXIT TV360 Volt 1gb. SH5 WIN 10 7" Tab, Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Dash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of society

How abouts a Sticky: How to TIVO.
Dash: CF noob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 19:15   #20
alwaysabear
RIp Sweetness

Services: TiVo Full house sports bundle,Vivid 200, SHUB 3, talk more anytime.
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dash: CF noob View Post
How abouts a Sticky: How to TIVO.
What an excellent idea, there are many long standing members who would I am sure be able to provide tips and hints to people new to TiVo.
alwaysabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 01:46   #21
neilo
cf.addict

Services: V6, 350mb Broadband, Phone
neilo is a name known to allneilo is a name known to allneilo is a name known to allneilo is a name known to allneilo is a name known to allneilo is a name known to allneilo is a name known to allneilo is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_m View Post
when fast forwarding, the ->| button will skip to the next green vertical line on the progress bar (normally every 15 minutes), which will at least get you to kick off a bit quicker.
why has no one mentioned this before????!!!!!
neilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 01:53   #22
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

It is in the TiVo Guide - page 10.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 14:52   #23
neilo
cf.addict

Services: V6, 350mb Broadband, Phone
neilo is a name known to allneilo is a name known to allneilo is a name known to allneilo is a name known to allneilo is a name known to allneilo is a name known to allneilo is a name known to allneilo is a name known to all

I may have to reconsider my 'never read the manual' approach. But I'm sticking to my 'never asking for directions when driving' - they can't take that away from me.
neilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 17:21   #24
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 13:04   #25
Tim Deegan
cf.mega poster

Services: 3 phone lines, 100mb broadband, and TV x2 (including one Tivo)
Tim Deegan has reached the bronze age
Tim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilo View Post
I may have to reconsider my 'never read the manual' approach. But I'm sticking to my 'never asking for directions when driving' - they can't take that away from me.
I find this forum far better than reading instructions
Tim Deegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 13:08   #26
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Deegan View Post
I find this forum far better than reading instructions
Yes me too as when l get confused about something all l have to do is turn to the CF experts and the problem is solved and they come free of charge as well.
Old 14-03-2012, 14:18   #27
ase001
Inactive

Services: V6 * 2,NetFlix, Prime, NowTV *1, FireStick *1, 3500Mb BB. MediaPortal, Plex (1 * Freesat and 3 * Fr
ase001 will become famous soon enoughase001 will become famous soon enoughase001 will become famous soon enough

Perhaps I am too negative, but honestly it is not the most intuitively system to use and it's certainly more restrictive that a traditional system. Features you expect that are missing and some are fundamental. It’s full of bug’s too which I think are covered by other threads and what gets me the most is I have to pay extra for it!

If you want an example of how it should have been implemented, take look at MediaPortal which runs on a PC and that is totally free or for Linux fans XBMC?
ase001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2012, 15:24   #28
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Services: VM XL TV with VM TiVo 1TB x 2 > VM XL BB > VM XL Telephone
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ase001 View Post
Perhaps I am too negative, but honestly it is not the most intuitively system to use and it's certainly more restrictive that a traditional system. Features you expect that are missing and some are fundamental. It’s full of bug’s too which I think are covered by other threads and what gets me the most is I have to pay extra for it!

If you want an example of how it should have been implemented, take look at MediaPortal which runs on a PC and that is totally free or for Linux fans XBMC?
TiVo is the original PVR, anything else is just imitation
Digital Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2012, 15:27   #29
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Fanatic View Post
TiVo is the original PVR, anything else is just imitation
l will second that.
Old 14-03-2012, 15:29   #30
Tim Deegan
cf.mega poster

Services: 3 phone lines, 100mb broadband, and TV x2 (including one Tivo)
Tim Deegan has reached the bronze age
Tim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by ase001 View Post

Agreed, there are a few annoying missing features. But then I only miss them because I had them on Sky. However these are far outweighed by features that the Sky box doesn't have.

Also the Tivo can be updated, so these small missing features can be added in the future. With the Sky box they can't.

I personally haven't come across any bugs on the Tivo yet. Are you sure they aren't caused by a jitter on the signal? I have just been on the phone to VM about another issue, and was told that anyone who experiences jitter in their signal should report it, because 9 times out of 10 it can be sorted easily once reported.
Tim Deegan is offline   Reply With Quote