Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Netflix/Streaming Services

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Netflix/Streaming Services
Closed Thread

Old 25-09-2014, 12:00   #781
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Taken from wrestling talk website full credit to them.

According to Apple TV the WWE Network with a 6 month commitment will cost £39. 99 when it launches October 1st working out at £6. 66 and the pricing should stay the same across all platforms like your PS4 and XB1.

https://appsto.re/gb/pG84G.i
Advertisement
Old 25-09-2014, 12:38   #782
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Its a total waste as we all know WWE is a total fix at the end of the day.
Old 25-09-2014, 12:49   #783
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Agreed Den they'd have to pay me £39.99 to watch it.
Old 25-09-2014, 14:54   #784
harry_hitch
Heavens to Betsy, Bertie!

Services: TIVO, M TV, L BB, M Phone
harry_hitch has reached the bronze age
harry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze age

Quote:
It is fixed Den, but if people enjoy it, surely it is up them. It's a form of entertainment people choose to watch.

It's cheaper than Sky Movies package, and we all know that the good guy is going save the day and most likely get the girl in movies.
Old 25-09-2014, 15:10   #785
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry_hitch View Post
It is fixed Den, but if people enjoy it, surely it is up them. It's a form of entertainment people choose to watch.

It's cheaper than Sky Movies package, and we all know that the good guy is going save the day and most likely get the girl in movies.
l am sure many do enjoy it Harry and its peoples own personal choice but its certainly not for me as l prefer to spend our money on something with more substance.
Old 25-09-2014, 15:22   #786
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Ofcourse it's fixed but the way the product has been going lately i won't be renewing my sub anyway, i only use it to watch the old attitude era stuff and historic events such as the first wrestlemania.
Everyone has their own preference in entertainment if we all had the same it'd be a boring existance.
Old 25-09-2014, 16:33   #787
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Quote:
working out at £6. 66
Old 26-09-2014, 13:33   #788
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Someone told me the other day that '24' was just a story and everyone knew what was going to happen before it was filmed.

I just don't believe it.
Old 26-09-2014, 13:59   #789
andy_m
cf.mega poster

Services: VIP
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Someone told me the other day that '24' was just a story and everyone knew what was going to happen before it was filmed.

I just don't believe it.
Do you really think this is the same thing? Sport fans pay Sky a fortune for Sky Sports - it's genuinely disgusting that some of this money is spent on scripted entertainment. I'm not saying it doesn't have its place - its popularity is clear and for that reason alone I've stayed out of the discussion about it on here so far, but equating it with a fictional drama series really really misses the point imo.
Old 26-09-2014, 14:34   #790
theone2k10
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_m View Post
Do you really think this is the same thing? Sport fans pay Sky a fortune for Sky Sports - it's genuinely disgusting that some of this money is spent on scripted entertainment. I'm not saying it doesn't have its place - its popularity is clear and for that reason alone I've stayed out of the discussion about it on here so far, but equating it with a fictional drama series really really misses the point imo.
Why shouldn't fans of WWE get to watch the product? They pay their fair share for Skysports.
I think it's disgusting that license fee is being spent on crap like strictly come dancing but there are people that enjoy watching it so be it.
Old 26-09-2014, 15:47   #791
andy_m
cf.mega poster

Services: VIP
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by theone2k10 View Post
Why shouldn't fans of WWE get to watch the product? They pay their fair share for Skysports.
I think it's disgusting that license fee is being spent on crap like strictly come dancing but there are people that enjoy watching it so be it.
I'm not saying they can't watch the product - they have every right to do so. But it's scripted entertainment, not sport. It can't be sport if there is no competitive element, and the competitive element in this instance is removed by it being scripted. So it has no place taking money from sports subscribers as far as I'm concerned. More to the point, WWE fans shouldn't have to pay a sports subscription to watch it! Put it on an entertainment channel and be honest about what it is.

I also have issues with the licence fee and the BBC in general.
Old 26-09-2014, 15:55   #792
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:
But no problem with the fact that when you buy certain products, you're paying more than you need to because part of the cost is funding ITV Shows?
Old 26-09-2014, 15:55   #793
theone2k10
Inactive

Quote:
I'm not saying they can't watch the product - they have every right to do so. But it's scripted entertainment, not sport. It can't be sport if there is no competitive element, and the competitive element in this instance is removed by it being scripted. So it has no place taking money from sports subscribers as far as I'm concerned. More to the point, WWE fans shouldn't have to pay a sports subscription to watch it! Put it on an entertainment channel and be honest about what it is.

It's called sports entertainment i do agree with you however that it would be better placed on channels such as Sky1.
However it is most likely Skys doing that it is on Skysports, look at the US for example RAW is on the USA network which is a entertainment channel and Smackdown is on SYFY.
Old 26-09-2014, 16:46   #794
Stop It
Inactive

Services: VM Vivid 200 VM XL TV & Sky Sports VM Phone
Stop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of society

Quote:
Originally Posted by theone2k10 View Post
It's called sports entertainment i do agree with you however that it would be better placed on channels such as Sky1. However it is most likely Skys doing that it is on Skysports, look at the US for example RAW is on the USA network which is a entertainment channel and Smackdown is on SYFY.
Exactly this.

Long ago, WWF (As it was then) was mainly shown on Sky One, but over time moved towards Sky Sports, with Sky One taking the 2nd tier stuff mainly.

Of course it's a fix, all pro wrestling is, but it's also fun and while I no longer watch it, I have fond memories of the likes of the Undertaker & Co.

At the end of the day Sky put the "top tier" Raw/Smackdown on Sky Sports to drive people towards the premium channels to gain more revenue, not the other way around, so complaining about it being on Sky Sports is counter intuitive. I bet if WWE wasn't on Sky Sports then the revenue lost would be greater than what they pay for the rights so would end up with Sky having a lower budget for other sports.

Still, the WWE having their own streaming solution may jeopardise this, which would show that wrestling fans will pay a premium for the content they want and I'm sure the UK WWE Network will be quite successful.
Old 26-09-2014, 17:02   #795
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

YouView BBC connected red button and Netflix ?

Quote:
It is understood YouView’s next new features will be the addition within weeks of support for Netflix, the film and television subscription service, and for the BBC interactive Red Button. It had been hoped that the extra BBC services would be in place in time for this summer’s big events, such as the World Cup and Glastonbury, but the project hit delays.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/n...the-cloud.html
Closed Thread