Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Netflix/Streaming Services

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Netflix/Streaming Services
Closed Thread

Old 30-12-2013, 18:54   #181
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdb1992 View Post
Sorry to be a pain but what does WDTV mean and how do i change the settings on tivo?
You need to go into settings on Tivo and see what the video output is set to.

If the TV being used will support 24fps, then try to set the video output on Tivo to include the 1080p/24fps setting. It will say something like 'pass through only'.

You can test what resolutions your TV supports in the Tivo video settings menu.

Not sure about the UK Netflix, but much of the US Netflix, (film and TV) is 1080p/24, so include that setting in Tivo if y0ou can.

The WDTV is a streamer box that does Netflix and has nothing to do with Tivo settings.
Advertisement
Old 30-12-2013, 22:42   #182
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/t...n-January.html
Old 30-12-2013, 23:08   #183
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Services: tv phone mobile broadband V6 and tivo.
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star

What a let down sometimes things are too good to be true
Old 30-12-2013, 23:45   #184
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by weenie View Post
What a let down sometimes things are too good to be true
Content expires new content comes that's how on demand services work.
Same happens with Sky, Lovefilm etc rights expire and new content arrives. No let down about it.
Old 31-12-2013, 00:08   #185
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Services: tv phone mobile broadband V6 and tivo.
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star

thank goodness for that i have just got netflix but still a bit sad as there is a couple of films i wanted to see but they are getting removed on the 1st January and won't have time with work and all but looking forward to see the new
Old 31-12-2013, 01:31   #186
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by weenie View Post
thank goodness for that i have just got netflix but still a bit sad as there is a couple of films i wanted to see but they are getting removed on the 1st January and won't have time with work and all but looking forward to see the new
They'll add new content gradually i highly recommend Orange is the new black and Hemlock grove.
They are both made by Netflix and put a lot of mainstream shows to shame imo lol.
Old 31-12-2013, 09:33   #187
nicknewark
Inactive

Services: V6 Tivo, Virgin BB, Freesat, NowTV. PS4 Pro
nicknewark has entered a golden reputation eranicknewark has entered a golden reputation eranicknewark has entered a golden reputation eranicknewark has entered a golden reputation eranicknewark has entered a golden reputation eranicknewark has entered a golden reputation eranicknewark has entered a golden reputation eranicknewark has entered a golden reputation eranicknewark has entered a golden reputation eranicknewark has entered a golden reputation eranicknewark has entered a golden reputation era

Agreed, Orange is the New black is great, just watching Hemlock Grove, which I think is great, really different.

House of Cards is Next.

Netflix is great IMO, and a great addition.
Old 31-12-2013, 10:12   #188
mhatter67

Services: Big Kahuna, Phone XL, Boxnation

Quick question is Netflix subscription done through your personal direct Debit with them or VM, if it is through Netflix how would VM credit your account with 6 months free subscription?

Thanks in advance.

Old 31-12-2013, 11:40   #189
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhatter67 View Post
Quick question is Netflix subscription done through your personal direct Debit with them or VM, if it is through Netflix how would VM credit your account with 6 months free subscription?

Thanks in advance.
The free offer is in the form of a credit, VM provide a code by email which you give to Netflix, once the credit runs out you have to pay for your subscription by Direct Debit which can be cancelled at any time.
Old 31-12-2013, 12:17   #190
clayts
Inactive

Services: Tivo; XL TV; L Broadband; M Phone
clayts has a spectacular aura about themclayts has a spectacular aura about themclayts has a spectacular aura about themclayts has a spectacular aura about them

You can pay your Netflix subscription by Paypal too

Old 31-12-2013, 13:50   #191
theone2k10
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by clayts View Post
You can pay your Netflix subscription by Paypal too
This is how i normally pay, atm i have 12 months free as a xmas prezzie of my cousin lol.
Old 02-01-2014, 20:36   #192
passingbat
Inactive

passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Netflix are experimenting with alternative cost streaming plans.

http://www.theverge.com/2013/12/30/5...-new-customers
Old 02-01-2014, 20:41   #193
Kabaal
Haggis Hunting

Kabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post
Netflix are experimenting with alternative cost streaming plans.

http://www.theverge.com/2013/12/30/5...-new-customers
Only being a single dollar cheaper, losing HD and being limited to one device i can't see that one getting much uptake.

Hopefully they start experimenting with higher tiers that offer more than just extra devices. I wouldn't mind paying a little more for DTS audio for example.
Old 02-01-2014, 21:34   #194
passingbat
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabaal View Post
Only being a single dollar cheaper, losing HD and being limited to one device i can't see that one getting much uptake.

Hopefully they start experimenting with higher tiers that offer more than just extra devices. I wouldn't mind paying a little more for DTS audio for example.
As someone pointed out on another forum, if you mainly view on a tablet with a small screen, where HD is not as important, it maybe attractive; maybe?
Old 02-01-2014, 22:03   #195
Kabaal
Haggis Hunting

Kabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of Quads

Yeah i suppose, although i doubt many people use a tablet as their sole viewing device but rather as a secondary one. I'm sure it would be useful to some, i just doubt it would be very many.
Closed Thread