Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | is something wrong with vm?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Installation Issues

TiVO/Broadband

Old 13-12-2011, 22:04   #1
euroscooby
Inactive

Services: TiVo 2 additional boxes 40mb Internet
euroscooby is an unknown quantity at this point
TiVO/Broadband

Hi

I am hoping for a shoulder to cry on.

I have been an NTL customer and happy Virgin customer. So I guess over ten years of subscribing to movies and sport packages. I would think I was a loyal customer and would be treated as such.

I moved home two weeks ago. I booked an install and although they could only give me a date in a months time (despite saying on the website for movers it would be two weeks or less).

So today (13 Dec) I took the day off for he full install between 1300 and 1800.

No one came. I called CS who said it was showing as still open and that even though it was gone 1800 they would still come.

No one came. No one called.

Phoned CS again. They told me that it had been rebooked for the 13th of Jan. no has asked me.

So they bump me off the end of the day and I end up with not an install the next day but one in a months time?

I pay over £100 a month and I am treated like this?

CS just said sorry I wasted a day and they cannot do anything to help.

Hard to believe. Does anyone have any words of advice or contacts I can use to escalate this case?
euroscooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 14-12-2011, 07:20   #2
alexcopeland
Inactive

Services: Talk Weekends SupreFibre 70
alexcopeland is a splendid one to beholdalexcopeland is a splendid one to beholdalexcopeland is a splendid one to beholdalexcopeland is a splendid one to beholdalexcopeland is a splendid one to beholdalexcopeland is a splendid one to beholdalexcopeland is a splendid one to beholdalexcopeland is a splendid one to beholdalexcopeland is a splendid one to behold
Re: TiVO/Broadband

You could try contacting the CEO with your concerns. Neil.berkett@virginmedia.co.uk.
alexcopeland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2011, 08:42   #3
euroscooby
Inactive

Thank you, I will be trying that. I do hope common sense prevails!
Old 14-12-2011, 16:51   #4
euroscooby
Inactive

Well on the upside the CEO's office have got in contact with me.

On the downside the answer remains the same. There is talk of moving up the list if their is a cancellation but they said that when I booked!

In effect: If Virgin let you down by not turning up for an install then YOU go to the back of the queue.

The scary thing is that if on the 13th Jan 2012 Virgin fail to turn up again then I will go to the back of the queue again.

As a long term advocate of VM it has been a hard lesson.

The acid test for any business is how you deal with a mistake.

If they had said i am sorry we wasted your day and we will be there first thing tomorrow I would have remained the loyal subject. But not offering any solution to this mistake other than bad luck has left a bitter taste and not good business.

I assume Neil looks at daily figures for cancellations and complaints and i assume that his direct reports ensure they meet the service levels he wants to see. Issues like mine seem to be a price worth paying.
Old 18-12-2011, 19:56   #5
euroscooby
Inactive

Update:

I was in Dublin for the weekend but my wife took a call on Saturday am asking if she would be in for a installation slot on Sunday 1300-1700. She said yes.

At 1630 Sunday night two engineers turned up in the darkness and fitted the cable and broadband.

They said they has been called on Friday nght to help with some missed installations.

So a Christmas miracle has occured.

More importantly Virgin Media have done what a good service company should do and fix the mistake rather than compound it.

I do hope that this idea of people going to the back of the queue if an installation is missed is discussed at Vigin HQ and the policy changed.

So thank you Virgin Media for listening and I am happy that I can now remain a VM customer.