Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | signing for the delivery of a new hub

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Installation Issues

signing for the delivery of a new hub

Old 17-08-2011, 12:20   #1
Blairhoyle
Inactive

Blairhoyle is an unknown quantity at this point
signing for the delivery of a new hub

I never knew I had to sign for the delivery as the call centre never told me.

what is the normal procedure here?

is it sent back or is left with a neighbour or left at the post office for collecting?
Blairhoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 17-08-2011, 12:32   #2
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Re: signing for the delivery of a new hub

It depends which carrier they use ... you may be able to phone to rearrange delivery, alternatively drive to the depot (if a courier) or local delivery office/post office (if parcel farce).
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2011, 18:16   #3
Blairhoyle
Inactive

Yodel delivered it, they can't deliver it to another address, I'm at work all day and they can only give me a time of between 7am-7pm!

Driving to Edinburgh at 5pm (peak traffic) to get there for 6pm closing!! No Chance!!
Old 17-08-2011, 21:11   #4
djmagnifique
cf.geek

Services: XL tv with 2x V6 boxes, M phone, 350Mb broadband
djmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond repute

Leave a note on your door saying 'please leave parcel at no.x', I did that when they were bringing me a stb and they left it with my neighbour with no problem, it means less work for them in the end.
djmagnifique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2011, 14:39   #5
Blairhoyle
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmagnifique View Post
Leave a note on your door saying 'please leave parcel at no.x', I did that when they were bringing me a stb and they left it with my neighbour with no problem, it means less work for them in the end.
yeah but they need a signature and I can't go to a neighbour and say "can you stay in for 10 hours until I come home in case they arrive!"
Old 18-08-2011, 21:03   #6
thenry
Inactive

thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star

I have no idea whether this is possible but what about asking VM to deliver where you work explaining your schedule? You can also ask VM to take down your mobile number and the carrier should text you when its about to be delivered.
thenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2011, 21:48   #7
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array

Even if you didn't have to sign for it, it's hardly gonna fit through your letterbox
jb66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2011, 22:10   #8
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenry View Post
I have no idea whether this is possible but what about asking VM to deliver where you work explaining your schedule? You can also ask VM to take down your mobile number and the carrier should text you when its about to be delivered.
All the above can happen, and they should without doubt ask for a mobile number, I do on every call that requires one.
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote