Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Think Broadband Ping Monitor Results (POST YOURS)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Think Broadband Ping Monitor Results (POST YOURS)

Old 24-01-2014, 16:23   #4351
jarrodstrachan
cf.member

jarrodstrachan is on a distinguished roadjarrodstrachan is on a distinguished road
Re: Think Broadband Ping Monitor Results (POST YOURS)

Just installed the superhub 2 (in modem mode), also noticed the upstream frequency 53700000.

Also base latency seems to have increased :S

[img]Download Failed (1)[/img]
jarrodstrachan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 25-01-2014, 08:26   #4352
horseman
cf.geek

horseman has reached the bronze age
horseman has reached the bronze agehorseman has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by qasdfdsaq View Post
60.3Mhz is nice and high. Extended EuroDOCSIS 3 frequencies finally getting use.
Some what a misnomer but in context Cable Labs DOCSIS specs normally refers to 5-85MHz as DOCSIS3 "extended" as opposed to Annex B (euro)DOCSIS which is 5 - 65MHz.

Nit picking possibly....

Must admit I haven't seen that 60.3MHz frequency only 57.4MHz on Lancing node and I would have thought the former was getting rather close to the diplex filter roll-off?
horseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2014, 13:10   #4353
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze

Ah but Cisco refers to 5-55Mhz as the "Japanese extended upstream frequency range" Nah you're right, I was using "extended" in reference to EuroDOCSIS being higher than standard NA DOCSIS rather than DOCSIS 3 vs. EuroDOCSIS.

Guess they must be using shiny new diplex filters. In this case the US power on 60.3Mhz is only 1dB more than 45.8.
qasdfdsaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2014, 18:51   #4354
jarrodstrachan
cf.member

jarrodstrachan is on a distinguished roadjarrodstrachan is on a distinguished road

Already ping is fluctuating a tad only 5 days after a Cat C
jarrodstrachan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2014, 19:07   #4355
Jon22
cf.addict

Jon22 is on a distinguished roadJon22 is on a distinguished road

Anyone else getting some packet loss? Can't say I've noticed it affecting anything.

Jon22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 06:15   #4356
roughbeast
cf.mega poster

Services: Vodafone/City Fibre Gigafast 900
roughbeast has reached the bronze age
roughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze age

I'm not sure what this indicates. Do I see a reboot at 12 noon yesterday? I have detected no changes in config.

roughbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2014, 06:54   #4357
roughbeast
cf.mega poster

Services: Vodafone/City Fibre Gigafast 900
roughbeast has reached the bronze age
roughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze age

Why do TBB 'Snapshot Graphs' still change with the passing of time when you post them? It all seems so easy. I click on 'share snapshot graph', click on Generate and then select a small graph to copy and paste. Invariable the resulting graph changes with the passage of time when posted here.

The graph I posted yesterday featured a red blip in an otherwise normal chart. I was wondering if this was some kind of firmware update. Here it is again as a 'previous days' chart.

roughbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2014, 08:33   #4358
Ignitionnet
Inactive

Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars
Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars

I saw the same blip at the same time on another VM chart. Probably a routing blip. Firmware is updated upon reboot and would be beta tested before wider release.
Ignitionnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2014, 09:23   #4359
Aser
Inactive

Aser is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon22 View Post
Anyone else getting some packet loss? Can't say I've noticed it affecting anything.

I'm getting similar packet loss:

That's on a 100mb connection with an SH1 in modem mode. I also haven't noticed any issues with my connection, but packet loss can't be good, so if anyone knows how to fix it, that would be great.
Aser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2014, 12:14   #4360
data0002
cf.addict

Services: 120mg Broadband (Virgin) telephone (Virgin media) 2 x Tivo
data0002 is an unknown quantity at this point

Well here is mine it's been like this scince they droped the traffic management

data0002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2014, 13:04   #4361
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ignitionnet View Post
I saw the same blip at the same time on another VM chart. Probably a routing blip. Firmware is updated upon reboot and would be beta tested before wider release.
This.

A reboot/firmware update blip would normally be a lot bigger, 1-2 minutes typically.

---------- Post added at 13:04 ---------- Previous post was at 13:03 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by roughbeast View Post
Why do TBB 'Snapshot Graphs' still change with the passing of time when you post them? It all seems so easy. I click on 'share snapshot graph', click on Generate and then select a small graph to copy and paste. Invariable the resulting graph changes with the passage of time when posted here.
Snapshot graphs snapshot a day, not an exact point in time IIRC.

That means if you generate it before the day is complete it will continue to fill until the end of that day.
qasdfdsaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2014, 13:08   #4362
Jon22
cf.addict

Jon22 is on a distinguished roadJon22 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ignitionnet View Post
Had that blip on my TBB on Tuesday. Although I did have another blip about 1pm ish and then had slightly lower latency afterwards.

Jon22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2014, 22:18   #4363
Meekel
Inactive

Meekel is an unknown quantity at this point

My connection has gone to s**t again..

Meekel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2014, 22:37   #4364
alanbjames
R.I.P.

Services: XL Phone, XXXL Gig1 BB SH4 (wired).
alanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these parts

This is my 152mb graph.
alanbjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2014, 14:02   #4365
philce
Inactive

Services: BB XL, TV XL TiVo, Phone M
philce is an unknown quantity at this point

My 100mb in normal mode.

Its a bit of a mess!

Dont know what was going on overnight though, nothing here was on!

philce is offline   Reply With Quote