Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The Happy Thought Thread Part 4

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle

The Happy Thought Thread Part 4

Old 06-03-2015, 12:30   #9361
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
Re: The Happy Thought Thread Part 4

Well the broadband is still not perfect due to the network problems in our area and yesterday l just politely said l was unhappy currently.
Old 06-03-2015, 14:24   #9362
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars

So pleased that The Fruit Machine has finally been relased on DVD. I've only got a poor VHS tape of it from the one time it was shown on UK TV. Much of the filming was done just next door in Brighton.

Has Robbie Coltrane in a dress. If you can imagine....
Old 07-03-2015, 15:42   #9363
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

Our upstairs lighting circuit failed a while back, and I've been looking for an electrician to repair it. Every electrician who quoted (and several have) said the consumer unit and supply line would also need to be replaced. I expected this as we had an old style fuse box. Several of the electricians said that the supply line to circuit had failed, but due to the age of the circuit (over 30 years), they recommended ripping it out and replacing it. Quotes ranged from £900 to £4,500. The electrician that quoted £4,500 decided (against my wishes) that he was going to quote for replacement of *all* the electrical circuits in the house, including adding an extra lighting circuit to bung a light in the loft (which, to be fair, I did enquire about). Even counting that, my research suggested his quote was on the high side.

Found an electrician that was able to replace the consumer unit and the upstairs lighting circuit for £630, and he did it in 6 hours instead of the eight he told me. So, I am quite happy. I will be replacing the other circuits in the house, but that will be as and when I can afford to do so.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 17:11   #9364
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

The job centre actually remembered to send me a letter in the right format!

A very rare event I tell you
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 11:32   #9365
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart View Post
Our upstairs lighting circuit failed a while back, and I've been looking for an electrician to repair it. Every electrician who quoted (and several have) said the consumer unit and supply line would also need to be replaced. I expected this as we had an old style fuse box. Several of the electricians said that the supply line to circuit had failed, but due to the age of the circuit (over 30 years), they recommended ripping it out and replacing it. Quotes ranged from £900 to £4,500. The electrician that quoted £4,500 decided (against my wishes) that he was going to quote for replacement of *all* the electrical circuits in the house, including adding an extra lighting circuit to bung a light in the loft (which, to be fair, I did enquire about). Even counting that, my research suggested his quote was on the high side.

Found an electrician that was able to replace the consumer unit and the upstairs lighting circuit for £630, and he did it in 6 hours instead of the eight he told me. So, I am quite happy. I will be replacing the other circuits in the house, but that will be as and when I can afford to do so.
One minor downside to all this work. Obviously the electricity was off for a whie yesterday, and I'd forgotton to set up IP reservations on my new router. This has meant everything has come back online with different IPs, which has messed up a few things..
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 16:23   #9366
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars

Just finished cleaning the oven. Fortunately with an almost black interior I don't have to do too much to that so it's mainly getting the chrome grills and rails shining and the door glass clean. The rails come out easily just being held with a single knurled nut each side.

Demon tip here: Use one of those scrapers with a Stanley blade in, normally used to get paint off windows but the perfect tool for lightening removal of baked-on grease. Keep the blade shallow to avoid scratching the glass.
Old 08-03-2015, 17:27   #9367
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
Send a message via AIM to MalteseFalcon

Been meaning to clean mine for weeks now, must do it later after tea.
MalteseFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 09:25   #9368
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Thankfully my partner does all that.
Old 09-03-2015, 09:56   #9369
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

Currently I'm not even allowed to lift the kettle let alone do the cleaning.
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 11:24   #9370
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Yes l know what you mean by that as because of my device they tell me not to move anything heavy as it might move the device in a untoward way.
Old 09-03-2015, 12:36   #9371
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Just been onto the AA's website to get my car insurance sorted out as they were the cheapest of all the offerings and I'm also a member:

£98.60 fully comp, protected bonus (20+ years). '94 Metro GTi 16v That's what I call a bargain and they've thrown in a £20 shopping voucher and a free rental car if mine's off the road. They must think I'm an old duffer type of driver rather than the boy racer.
Old 09-03-2015, 15:42   #9372
bopdude
Inactive

bopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny stars
bopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny stars
Send a message via MSN to bopdude

I'm back
bopdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 15:48   #9373
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

Welcome stranger.
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 15:50   #9374
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
Send a message via AIM to MalteseFalcon

Well, some good news from my job interview.

I have a trial on Thursday afternoon, apparently everyone goes in at level 1, which is marketing but after 12 weeks and progressing to level 3, you can then choose where in the company you would want to go so if all goes well on Thursday in my trial, I'm aiming to be in the warehouse after 13 weeks.
MalteseFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 16:23   #9375
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Services: tv phone mobile broadband V6 and tivo.
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star

Excellent news Marc, all the best for Thursday