Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Goodbye Virgin Hello Sky

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Goodbye Virgin Hello Sky

Old 25-02-2012, 20:19   #16
Mr Banana

Re: Goodbye Virgin Hello Sky

I reckon they will have a major overhaul of all the packages which will lead to a complete new pricing structure.

Remember this post in August time when the news start to creep out
Advertisement
Old 25-02-2012, 21:01   #17
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array

See you in 12months
jb66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2012, 21:53   #18
Mr Banana

What I mean is that they will put through significant increases hidden behind a revamp of their packages and bundles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top banana View Post
I reckon they will have a major overhaul of all the packages which will lead to a complete new pricing structure.

Remember this post in August time when the news start to creep out
Old 26-02-2012, 11:57   #19
tridens

Services: Sky TV HD

Hi i do understand every one puts up their prices even sky But the sky package is going to cost me £22.50 pm with virgin it would cost me £56 pm its a big difference and a big saving Im still looking for cheep broadband provider i was looking at Plusnet
Old 26-02-2012, 12:43   #20
tridens

Services: Sky TV HD

I pay £9.25pm for line rentall evening weekend calls
Old 26-02-2012, 13:20   #21
DABhand
Inactive

DABhand is a glorious beacon of lightDABhand is a glorious beacon of lightDABhand is a glorious beacon of lightDABhand is a glorious beacon of lightDABhand is a glorious beacon of lightDABhand is a glorious beacon of lightDABhand is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb66 View Post
See you in 12months
You think people will come back?

I don't think they will, not after all the farcical lies and poor planning and to be honest the fact that they ignore customers who have problems until they block repair stuff.

And VM's prices are very out of date, the fact when new conns are available they don't inform customers that they should be paying less for their current conn. It happened with 50mb and people on 10mb, they were still paying the previous price even when not in a contract, and it happened with 100mb and people on 20mb/30mb also.

And after looking at some lovely thinkbroadband graphs, there is very little jitter and latency problems unlike VM. And cheaper TV also.

At the moment they are offering BT Infinity conns (if available in your area, I have to wait till March 31st) up to 100mb (yes yes distance from exchange we know - but at least less problems and less trying to fob off customers by declaring that current problems are fine) for £37 + £10 line charge, no activation or installation costs at the moment either.

Combined with the fact they fix things in a timely manner and are more customer orientated.. I seriously doubt anyone would want to return to the sinking ship that is called VM.

@OP - hope you have an enjoyable 12 months (I do believe though its 18 month contract) - EDIT - Have been informed via rep window that it is indeed 12 months... On the website it is now 18 months though, especially for the broadband so was going off that information, should have realised there would be "ex-VM customers 12 month contracts" available :P
DABhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2012, 13:46   #22
SkyFTW
Permanently Banned

Services: Sky+HD ,Sky Multiroom, Sky unlimited BB, Anytime+
SkyFTW can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb66 View Post
See you in 12months
I doubt it, Sky tv is very very good and the broadband is completely unlimited, unmanaged ect.

I guess you could say that VM have the faster BB, but my options are pay..

A- Virginmedia £38 just for 50Mb with phoneline

B-Pay Sky £51 for Skyworld+Movies+HD+phoneline+14Mb BB+Multiroom.

Apparently VM want quality not quantity, I'm the same as a customer, I want quality not quantity in my services so I choose Sky.
SkyFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2012, 14:00   #23
paulsouth

Services: sky+hd 1TB freeview virgin bb 30mbps

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyFTW View Post
I doubt it, Sky tv is very very good and the broadband is completely unlimited, unmanaged ect.

But most importantly if he does try to leave after 12 months he will be given a crazy deal. Not some crazy retentions discount like you get from VM where it turns out your new discount brings your price down to the same as everyone else. Or a £5 a month off deal.

But either a 50% or 25% off and your phoneline for free.

I guess you could say that VM have the faster BB, but my options are pay..

A- Virginmedia £38 just for 50Mb with phoneline

B-Pay Sky £51 for Skyworld+Movies+HD+phoneline+14Mb BB+Multiroom.

Apparently VM want quality not quantity, I'm the same as a customer, I want quality not quantity in my services so I choose Sky.
i agree sky is much better than cable..
Old 26-02-2012, 14:01   #24
DABhand
Inactive

DABhand is a glorious beacon of lightDABhand is a glorious beacon of lightDABhand is a glorious beacon of lightDABhand is a glorious beacon of lightDABhand is a glorious beacon of lightDABhand is a glorious beacon of lightDABhand is a glorious beacon of light

Yo SKY I think you meant "VM want quantity not quality"
DABhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2012, 14:01   #25
paulsouth

Services: sky+hd 1TB freeview virgin bb 30mbps

Quote:
Originally Posted by tridens View Post
Hi i do understand every one puts up their prices even sky But the sky package is going to cost me £22.50 pm with virgin it would cost me £56 pm its a big difference and a big saving Im still looking for cheep broadband provider i was looking at Plusnet
honest truth,sky is better for tv,but for the internet-virgin
Old 26-02-2012, 14:06   #26
SkyFTW
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulsouth View Post
I disagree, like for like 10Mb on Sky is better than 20Mb on Virginmedia.
Old 26-02-2012, 14:08   #27
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulsouth View Post
exactly ,unless can get BT Infinity he will be stuck with lameass "upto 10mg" regardless of the provider
Old 26-02-2012, 14:08   #28
richard1960

Services: vm broadband tvxl TiVo, v+ sky sports and phone.

Quote:
I disagree, like for like 10Mb on Sky is better than 20Mb on Virginmedia.
Hmmm in my area sky or any other provider can on ADSL only give me 1mb presumably that would be a lot worse then the 10mb i am on with VM at the moment.
Old 26-02-2012, 14:19   #29
SkyFTW
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard1960 View Post
Hmmm in my area sky or any other provider can on ADSL only give me 1mb presumably that would be a lot worse then the 10mb i am on with VM at the moment.

What area? What is your exchange?

Its strange for VM to cable an area that isn't highly populated and therfore served buy a few different exchanges. Its only really out in the sticks where you're 4 or 5 miles from the exchange you get less than 2Mb.
Old 26-02-2012, 14:24   #30
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
What area? What is your exchange?

Its strange for VM to cable an area that isn't highly populated and therfore served buy a few different exchanges. Its only really out in the sticks where you're 4 or 5 miles from the exchange you get less than 2Mb.
Not true my parents live in a built up residential area and are in similar circumstances to Richard speed wise hence why they choose VM.
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote