Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | TiVo connections

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Installation Issues

Home Cinema Setup - Cisco VHD Box (No Optical)
Closed Thread

Old 11-12-2011, 17:31   #1
ibiza.ben
Inactive

ibiza.ben is an unknown quantity at this point
Home Cinema Setup - Cisco VHD Box (No Optical)

Hello new here!
Really stuck though!

Currently have a 42" LG Plasma TV, got Scarts, Composite, HDMI's, Optical on it.

I also have the Virgin HD Box made by Cisco, not the V+ or TiVo one though. This had 1 Scart, optical port, hdmi.

I also have a Phillips Home Cinema Kit, with Audio In (phonos)on, 1 HDMI out, and a scart, along with more composite, this does not have Optical port on it.

Main problem I am having is I cannot get the sound from my VHD box to my home cinema kit. I have got the VHD connected to TV via a HDMI lead. I have tried messing round with scarts from the VHD to the home cinema as well, also from VHD to TV etc.

Is there a way to get the sound to home cinema? I have seen mentioned on forums that its possible, then on some forums people are saying using HDMI switched SCART off.

To be fair I had a really old surround sound system that did work over a scart with this VD box, even when the VHD was connected using hdmi. But this broke and I got rid of this and the cables that come with it!

Please help!
Advertisement
Old 11-12-2011, 17:42   #2
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Re: Home Cinema Setup - Cisco VHD Box (No Optical)

Please do not post the same request in multiple threads - duplicate thread closed.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Closed Thread