Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | What is PCM.db?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > General IT Discussion

help !!

Old 03-03-2007, 15:38   #1
rizzla
Inactive

rizzla is on a distinguished roadrizzla is on a distinguished road
help !!

i got a 2nd hand comp from a small shop, originally came with xp home intalled on it, genuine sticker on side etc, updated fine from microsoft.
4 months later i realised no xp home disk had come with it, i thought no prob, i got a pirate xp pro which is meant to be better so i installed that ( and i thought, hey i can always revert back to xp home), its has worked fine although microsoft site now moans that its not legit.
now i d like to go legit and have discovered i have a genuine win 95 oem small buissness edition cd and a xp home genuine upgrade disk lurking in my box of old comp stuff.
i have been told u cant install xp home onto xp pro so
my question is :

can i remove xp pro off my sytem, install win 95 and then upgrade to xp home using xp home upgrade disk and how to i do it ?

basically im a complete ****wit and have never really installed, formatted etc.

any help would be appreciated
rizzla is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 03-03-2007, 15:43   #2
Nikesh
Inactive

Nikesh has reached the bronze age
Nikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze age
Re: help !!

Don't really think you should be telling people you got a pirate copy of Windows.
Nikesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 15:46   #3
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

Discussions about using 'pirate' software is not permitted on Cable Forum. Please proceed with caution...

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 15:48   #4
The Jackal
Inactive

The Jackal has a bronzed appealThe Jackal has a bronzed appeal
The Jackal has a bronzed appealThe Jackal has a bronzed appealThe Jackal has a bronzed appealThe Jackal has a bronzed appealThe Jackal has a bronzed appealThe Jackal has a bronzed appealThe Jackal has a bronzed appealThe Jackal has a bronzed appealThe Jackal has a bronzed appeal

Buy a license you cheap git.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 15:51   #5
Jon T
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media Telephone and 100Mb broadband, Sky Q
Jon T has reached the bronze age
Jon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze age

Ditch the pirate copy of XP Pro, find a OEM Windows XP Home Disk(borrow one of somebody etc). Format the PC and re-install using the disk/code on the sticker.

XP Pro has hardly anything XP Home doesn't have except the ability to join a WIndows Domain.

EDIT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrC-3rr0r View Post
Buy a license you cheap git.
Rizzla's got a license, just the wrong install CD, much cheaper to find the right CD.
Jon T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 15:51   #6
JohnHorb

Services: 10MB Broadband, DTV, Telephone

Quote:
Originally Posted by rizzla View Post
i got a 2nd hand comp from a small shop, originally came with xp home intalled on it, genuine sticker on side etc, updated fine from microsoft.
4 months later i realised no xp home disk had come with it, i thought no prob, i got a pirate xp pro which is meant to be better so i installed that ( and i thought, hey i can always revert back to xp home), its has worked fine although microsoft site now moans that its not legit.
now i d like to go legit and have discovered i have a genuine win 95 oem small buissness edition cd and a xp home genuine upgrade disk lurking in my box of old comp stuff.
i have been told u cant install xp home onto xp pro so
my question is :

can i remove xp pro off my sytem, install win 95 and then upgrade to xp home using xp home upgrade disk and how to i do it ?

basically im a complete ****wit and have never really installed, formatted etc.

any help would be appreciated
Old 03-03-2007, 16:05   #7
rizzla
Inactive

rizzla is on a distinguished roadrizzla is on a distinguished road

whoa, i have purchased win 95, win 98 upgrade, mil upgrade and xp home upgrade.
i then purchased a 2nd hand comp with xp home installed on it and sticker on the side but as i said i discovered later no cd came with comp.
yes im guilty of being a noob and of installing xp pro but as i said i have legit purchased software which entitles me to end up with xp home on me comp.

im just asking for advice on how to use my legit software to end up with xp home again

---------- Post added at 15:05 ---------- Previous post was at 14:59 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon T View Post
Ditch the pirate copy of XP Pro, find a OEM Windows XP Home Disk(borrow one of somebody etc). Format the PC and re-install using the disk/code on the sticker.
yes i can borrow xp home oem but ive got an xp home upgrade disk so wont the liccence key not work ?

edit : ignore the bit about about i only got an upgrade xp home i now realise u mean use the key on the sticker on the comp .
told u i was a noob
rizzla is offline   Reply With Quote