Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | How to cancel a Vodafone contract?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Science & Technology

Is it possible to copy a DVD.......

Old 17-06-2005, 15:52   #1
STONEISLAND
Inactive

Services: V + HD V Telephone V Cable 20MB
STONEISLAND has reached the bronze age
STONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze age
Is it possible to copy a DVD.......

Is it possible to copy a DVD onto the HDD of a Home DVD recorder and then copy them back to another DVD disk ?? If so is there anything special that I require ??

STONEISLAND is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 17-06-2005, 15:56   #2
paulyoung666
Permanently Banned

paulyoung666 has a nice shiny star
paulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny star
Re: Is it possible to copy a DVD.......

yes , you need something like nero to do it
paulyoung666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2005, 15:57   #3
Roy MM
Inactive

Services: NTL cable 20mb Broadband, V+ package.
Roy MM has a bronzed appealRoy MM has a bronzed appeal
Roy MM has a bronzed appealRoy MM has a bronzed appealRoy MM has a bronzed appealRoy MM has a bronzed appealRoy MM has a bronzed appealRoy MM has a bronzed appealRoy MM has a bronzed appealRoy MM has a bronzed appealRoy MM has a bronzed appealRoy MM has a bronzed appealRoy MM has a bronzed appeal
Send a message via MSN to Roy MM

You will need a DVD decrypter which i believe is ilegal BTW, and frowned upon discussion on this forum.
Roy MM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2005, 15:58   #4
STONEISLAND
Inactive

STONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze age

You carnt load nero on to a none pc device can you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy MM
You will need a DVD decrypter which i believe is ilegal BTW, and frowned upon discussion on this forum.
Oh sorry did not relise
Old 17-06-2005, 16:00   #5
Angua
10 yrs same company 😁

Services: ? BB, basic phone. Share of Disney+
Angua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny stars
Angua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by skunk4u
You carnt load nero on to a none pc device can you?

Oh sorry did not relise
Why would you want to load it anywhere but a PC?
Angua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2005, 16:03   #6
STONEISLAND
Inactive

Dont worry just a question from a mate thats been answered by Roy

Quote:
believe is ilegal BTW
I did not know,.
Old 17-06-2005, 16:11   #7
punky
Inactive

punky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aura
punky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aura

Quote:
Is it possible to copy a DVD onto the HDD of a Home DVD recorder and then copy them back to another DVD disk ?? If so is there anything special that I require ??

Depends on the make of DVD recorder, as to wether you can do it standalone.

On my parent's DVD recorder (Panasonic), we have the HDD -> DVD, DVD-> DVD and DVD -> HDD dubbing modes. You just go into the main menu and select what you want to do.

If you can't do that, then for like 15-30 quid you can get a cheapy DVD player and route the output of that one, into the input of your recorder.
punky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2005, 16:14   #8
Stuartbe
cf.mega poster

Stuartbe is an unknown quantity at this pointStuartbe is an unknown quantity at this point
Stuartbe is an unknown quantity at this pointStuartbe is an unknown quantity at this pointStuartbe is an unknown quantity at this pointStuartbe is an unknown quantity at this pointStuartbe is an unknown quantity at this pointStuartbe is an unknown quantity at this pointStuartbe is an unknown quantity at this pointStuartbe is an unknown quantity at this pointStuartbe is an unknown quantity at this pointStuartbe is an unknown quantity at this pointStuartbe is an unknown quantity at this pointStuartbe is an unknown quantity at this pointStuartbe is an unknown quantity at this pointStuartbe is an unknown quantity at this pointStuartbe is an unknown quantity at this pointStuartbe is an unknown quantity at this pointStuartbe is an unknown quantity at this pointStuartbe is an unknown quantity at this point

It can be done with a DVD that is not copy protected IE one made at home ect...

A DVD that is purchased from a shop has macrovision protection so the image will currupt when you attempt to copy it...

As stated - Discusing methods of copy'ing protected media is not something that is allowed, If however you own the media then there is no problem.
Stuartbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2005, 16:34   #9
bopdude
Inactive

bopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny stars
bopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny stars
Send a message via MSN to bopdude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy MM
It is news to me, I thought that making a */cough, back up of a disk you own was leagl, correct me if im wrong, .... again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuartbe
A DVD that is purchased from a shop has macrovision protection so the image will currupt when you attempt to copy it...
DVdycrypter used to take that away, I think it's no longer available from their site

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuartbe
As stated - Discusing methods of copy'ing protected media is not something that is allowed, If however you own the media then there is no problem.
I thought thats what he meant, he had an owned dvd, could have misread it though
bopdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2005, 16:37   #10
kronas
Inactive

kronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronze
kronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronze

DV shrink is good:

http://www.dvdshrink.org/what.html

ive not used it myself but i know someone else who has and the results are good, you can edit the DVD take subtitles and additional languages out etc....
kronas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2005, 16:58   #11
punky
Inactive

punky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aura

DVD shrink and DVD decrypter are computer programs. You need a computer and dvd writer to do it.

You might want to consider that, if your home DVD recorder won't do standalone copying. You can get them from like 30-50 quid now, and you will have greater control, like to save the menus/extras, or axe them.

BTW, I am only helping you to copy DVDs which you legally own, and are entitled to make personal copies for backups. Copying anything you don't have permission to copy would be illegal.
Old 17-06-2005, 17:09   #12
kronas
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by punky
DVD shrink and DVD decrypter are computer programs. You need a computer and dvd writer to do it.
i read the initial question and it seemed he meant a computer hard drive

but yes what punky said is correct.
Old 17-06-2005, 17:18   #13
bopdude
Inactive

bopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny stars
bopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny stars
Send a message via MSN to bopdude

Quote:

I see

Quote:
Originally Posted by kronas
Quote:
Originally Posted by punky
i read the initial question and it seemed he meant a computer hard drive

but yes what punky said is correct.
Oops, I think I got the wrong end of the stick as well
bopdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2005, 17:20   #14
kronas
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by bopdude
Oops, I think I got the wrong end of the stick as well
whos stick is that then

sorry had to be said

Old 17-06-2005, 17:21   #15
punky
Inactive

Well, I thought from the first post that he wanted to copy DVDs with a standalone DVD recorder. The kind that sit under your TV.