Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Contractors

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media News Discussion

Contractors

Old 05-01-2011, 13:10   #1
JayJay
Inactive

Services: TiVo, V+, XXL BB, XL TV, XL Telco 3x Cisco HD
JayJay is a splendid one to beholdJayJay is a splendid one to beholdJayJay is a splendid one to beholdJayJay is a splendid one to beholdJayJay is a splendid one to beholdJayJay is a splendid one to beholdJayJay is a splendid one to beholdJayJay is a splendid one to beholdJayJay is a splendid one to behold
Arrow Contractors

Hot off the press.

There will now only be two contractors working for Virgin Media... McNicolas and Fujitsu.

McNicolas will be taking over England and Wales and Fujitsu will be taking over Scotland and Ireland.

This should fall in place around March/April time.
JayJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 05-01-2011, 13:44   #2
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Contractors

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayJay View Post
Hot off the press.

There will now only be two contractors working for Virgin Media... McNicolas and Fujitsu.

McNicolas will be taking over England and Wales and Fujitsu will be taking over Scotland and Ireland.

Not strictly correct.

McNicholas have South London, South West & South East

and

Fujitsu have Scotland, Northern Ireland and the North East

The other areas will be awarded by April. So there may be other contractors in the frame for those areas not yet awarded.
Old 05-01-2011, 13:59   #3
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Hot off the press.

I take it that is for Residential installs and has nothing to do with Business services ???.

The reason i ask is that we have not been told anything about this on the business side of VM.

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/
Sirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 14:01   #4
JayJay
Inactive

JayJay is a splendid one to beholdJayJay is a splendid one to beholdJayJay is a splendid one to beholdJayJay is a splendid one to beholdJayJay is a splendid one to beholdJayJay is a splendid one to beholdJayJay is a splendid one to beholdJayJay is a splendid one to beholdJayJay is a splendid one to behold

I stand corrected.

Not being in the office today, I didnt hear it direct from the horses mouth. It should be interesting to see what, if any, changes are made by these contractors.

---------- Post added at 13:01 ---------- Previous post was at 13:01 ----------

Ive not heard anything about business side of things.
Old 05-01-2011, 14:25   #5
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
I stand corrected.

Not being in the office today, I didnt hear it direct from the horses mouth. It should be interesting to see what, if any, changes are made by these contractors.

---------- Post added at 13:01 ---------- Previous post was at 13:01 ----------

Ive not heard anything about business side of things.
It covers Residential, Business Install and associated Civil work.
Old 05-01-2011, 14:31   #6
MovedGoalPosts
Inactive

MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars
MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars

Having been awaiting a business broadband install now for a couple of months, one of the excuses for delays (outside of weather, christmas, council permits - the list goes on), is a change of contractors. Thus whatever is going on would appear to affect all of VM's areas.
MovedGoalPosts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 18:01   #7
Nedkelly
Inactive

Services: V6 & Tivo SH3 on 300mb and 200mb and a telephone
Nedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appeal
Nedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appeal
Smile Re: Contractors

some of the Map managers have been called to a meeting tomorrow morning It seems a big change is going on
Nedkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 18:22   #8
WooLLsterQ
Inactive

Services: VM Tivo, 2x V+, BBI XXL (superhub), XL Telco, SS HD + SM HD
WooLLsterQ has a spectacular aura about themWooLLsterQ has a spectacular aura about themWooLLsterQ has a spectacular aura about themWooLLsterQ has a spectacular aura about them

The main core of the "contractors" ie the installation guys stays the same no matter who the contractor is, they just work for a different company and they can even stay on their current employment contracts if they like.
WooLLsterQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 19:10   #9
JayJay
Inactive

We know we are safe but obviously a few changes are going to be made, more so with management I would of thought, for all contracting companies across the country.
Old 12-01-2011, 10:04   #10
MapRcrap
Inactive

MapRcrap is an unknown quantity at this point

All the main mangers are in the Birmingham yard today, lets hope Map Group Uk have lost the contract.
MapRcrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 12:03   #11
jungleguy
Inactive

Services: phone TV & BB
jungleguy is a glorious beacon of lightjungleguy is a glorious beacon of lightjungleguy is a glorious beacon of lightjungleguy is a glorious beacon of lightjungleguy is a glorious beacon of lightjungleguy is a glorious beacon of lightjungleguy is a glorious beacon of light

does this mean no more Kellys?
jungleguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 12:40   #12
MapRcrap
Inactive

MapRcrap is an unknown quantity at this point

BREAKING NEWS:

MAP GROUP UK LTD HAVE LOST THE BIRMINGHAM CONTRACT, AVONLINE WILL BE TAKING OVER FEBRUARY 1st 2011. ALL managers in the Birmingham site have been put on 30 day notice
MapRcrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2011, 04:14   #13
beller
Inactive

Services: 30mb, M tv, XL phone
beller is an unknown quantity at this point
Post Re: Contractors

Hi everyone, well I quit Avonline back about a month ago and yeaterday I had two phone calls from install techs saying that Avonline had lost the contract for Bristol for sure, but were also under the inpression they have lost the entire Virgin contract. One of the calls said that Mark Wyn (Avonline MD) had said himself about the Virgin loss, but I guess from the other posts it is indeed the entire contract has been lost.

The reason I quit if your interested, lo, tbh it's is one crappy industry to be in on the install tech side of things. Sub contract companys think they can almost make their own rules when it comes to hour's and work practice.
beller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2011, 12:02   #14
JayJay
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by jungleguy View Post
does this mean no more Kellys?
Rumour has it, Kellys have packed their bags already. But you know what a rumour mill is like...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MapRcrap View Post
BREAKING NEWS:

MAP GROUP UK LTD HAVE LOST THE BIRMINGHAM CONTRACT, AVONLINE WILL BE TAKING OVER FEBRUARY 1st 2011. ALL managers in the Birmingham site have been put on 30 day notice
Wow, that is interesting. Alot of Avonline guys thought Avonline was knackered. Getting the Birmingham contract will be interesting since they lost it last time. But then looks like you got your wish MapRcrap ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by beller View Post
Hi everyone, well I quit Avonline back about a month ago and yeaterday I had two phone calls from install techs saying that Avonline had lost the contract for Bristol for sure, but were also under the inpression they have lost the entire Virgin contract. One of the calls said that Mark Wyn (Avonline MD) had said himself about the Virgin loss, but I guess from the other posts it is indeed the entire contract has been lost.

The reason I quit if your interested, lo, tbh it's is one crappy industry to be in on the install tech side of things. Sub contract companys think they can almost make their own rules when it comes to hour's and work practice.
Im fairly certain that McNicholas has got Bristol, from what I've been told (Im in Devon...). I understand your reasons for leaving, I think most of us can relate that that beller!
Old 21-01-2011, 16:50   #15
Ems121
Inactive

Ems121 is an unknown quantity at this point

Are there any updates on what will happen with MAP in the coventry area?
will they be keping their contract??
MAP is a crap company, similar to how Beller described AvonLine!!
always think you dont have a life outside work! tell you on a friday you will be working monday which is the day off! not organised at all rubbish pay and the managers think they are better than you cos they sit in a n office all day!!
anyone know who will have the contract in gloucestershire??
Ems121 is offline   Reply With Quote