Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | is there no v+ boxes for new customers

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

HD channels out of sync?

Old 23-04-2012, 20:11   #1
tvout
Inactive

Services: VM L Broadband (10MB) XL TV V+ HD Box Off peak caller phone HTC Wildfire on T-Mobile UK Freeview
tvout will become famous soon enoughtvout will become famous soon enoughtvout will become famous soon enough
HD channels out of sync?

Hi all,

I watched a film the other night on Channel 5 HD (150) and the sound was out of sync. I'm watching it again now (gadget show world tour) and it's out of sync again.
Is it the same for everyone else?
tvout is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 23-04-2012, 21:25   #2
raging bull
cf.geek

Services: Tivo V6 - L TV/XL Phone /200Mb BB
raging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quads
Re: HD channels out of sync?

Yes high tec prog gadget show 'out of sync',shame about that.
raging bull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2012, 22:07   #3
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvout View Post
Hi all,

I watched a film the other night on Channel 5 HD (150) and the sound was out of sync. I'm watching it again now (gadget show world tour) and it's out of sync again.
Is it the same for everyone else?
Just played The Gadget Show back off my Sky+HD box and it seems fine on satellite , however I've also had plenty of trouble with C5 HD on numerous shows over the last few months.
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2012, 22:25   #4
tvout
Inactive

Services: VM L Broadband (10MB) XL TV V+ HD Box Off peak caller phone HTC Wildfire on T-Mobile UK Freeview
tvout will become famous soon enoughtvout will become famous soon enoughtvout will become famous soon enough

Cool, cheers, so it's not just me then. I've only had a HD TV for a few weeks so wasn't sure whether this was a common issue with the Tivo or with VM on the other boxes either.
Old 24-04-2012, 10:48   #5
sinbad
cf.member

sinbad is an unknown quantity at this point

in edinburgh mine was out of synch also.
sinbad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2012, 13:51   #6
Eric55
Inactive

Eric55 will become famous soon enoughEric55 will become famous soon enoughEric55 will become famous soon enough

Also Dealers, American Chopper and Wheeler Dealers is out of sync on the Discovery Channel.
Eric55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2012, 14:08   #7
zappa100
Inactive

zappa100 is an unknown quantity at this point

I get sync problems when putting some hd channels through stereo amp via scart adapter.
Is it to do with Dolby surround signals?
zappa100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2012, 17:20   #8
tvout
Inactive

Mine has the headphones jack on the TV plugged into a surround sound system, I tried playing the sound direct from the TV and still the same. One suggested fix was changing the audio on the Tivo from Dolby Digital to Dolby via PCM or something like that. I tried that and still the same...
Old 27-04-2012, 17:42   #9
steveh
Inactive

steveh is a glorious beacon of lightsteveh is a glorious beacon of lightsteveh is a glorious beacon of lightsteveh is a glorious beacon of lightsteveh is a glorious beacon of lightsteveh is a glorious beacon of lightsteveh is a glorious beacon of light

Past few weeks the first half of 30 Rock has been fine but the second half after the ads has been out of sync to varying degrees. Not sure how Comedy Central manage that...
steveh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2012, 20:19   #10
DJSADERS
Ex - McNicholas Guildford

Services: Sky Q 1TB, 2 x Sky Q Minis, Virgin Media Business Voom Fibre 2
DJSADERS is a glorious beacon of lightDJSADERS is a glorious beacon of lightDJSADERS is a glorious beacon of lightDJSADERS is a glorious beacon of lightDJSADERS is a glorious beacon of lightDJSADERS is a glorious beacon of lightDJSADERS is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via MSN to DJSADERS

I get this quite regularly across several HD channels, not to sure what it is though :/
DJSADERS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2012, 23:08   #11
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Red Dwarf 2 nights ago on Dave HD was terribly out of sync.

Seems we're all having the same problem over a series of HD channels. So I assume this is a problem caused by Virgin then?
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2012, 08:04   #12
DaMac
Inactive

Services: VM 200mb Gamer BB, 1m Motorised Satellite, Netflix 4K, Amazon Prime 4K, VM M TV, Freesat HD.
DaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant future

It could be, it could also be an hdmi problem, what you are starting to see is a variety of streams with differing delays broadcast to different boxes outputted via differing quality hdmi cables to thousands of different hdmi display's and amps. We have already seen that Tivo has had some problems with some TV's we have seen that some 3d tv's havn't been compatible with VM output, whatever it is i bet VM won't ever be able to sort it 100%.
DaMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2012, 09:32   #13
DJSADERS
Ex - McNicholas Guildford

Services: Sky Q 1TB, 2 x Sky Q Minis, Virgin Media Business Voom Fibre 2
DJSADERS is a glorious beacon of lightDJSADERS is a glorious beacon of lightDJSADERS is a glorious beacon of lightDJSADERS is a glorious beacon of lightDJSADERS is a glorious beacon of lightDJSADERS is a glorious beacon of lightDJSADERS is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via MSN to DJSADERS

possibly, my hdmi cable runs through a splitter as my tv only has 1 hdmi port, but then wouldn't standard def channels be affected too?
DJSADERS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2012, 13:02   #14
DaMac
Inactive

Services: VM 200mb Gamer BB, 1m Motorised Satellite, Netflix 4K, Amazon Prime 4K, VM M TV, Freesat HD.
DaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant future

ages ago on my SA V+ E4 sd was usually out of synch via hdmi output on my set up, when i changed my TV and HDMI cable it seemed to be fine. As i have stated in another post, i seemed to get a delay setting right on my amp that put the HD channels back into synch, then some other channel comes along that seems to be out again, it is craazy, the timecode in the picture is supposed to be able to allow modern equipment to correct it automatically, but somewhere something breaks down, it could be timecode corruption, or hdmi handshakes, someone will know but won't be saying.
DaMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2012, 14:07   #15
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaMac View Post
It could be, it could also be an hdmi problem, what you are starting to see is a variety of streams with differing delays broadcast to different boxes outputted via differing quality hdmi cables to thousands of different hdmi display's and amps. We have already seen that Tivo has had some problems with some TV's we have seen that some 3d tv's havn't been compatible with VM output, whatever it is i bet VM won't ever be able to sort it 100%.
Interesting info.

Do people have this same problem watching HD channels on SKY, Freesat and Freeview?
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote