Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Garden Dug Up and Cable installed on my property without knowledge

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Other Telco Services Discussion

Garden Dug Up and Cable installed on my property without knowledge

Old 23-03-2010, 21:57   #46
cookie_365
Inactive

cookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronze
cookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronze
Re: Garden Dug Up and Cable installed on my property without knowledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verizon View Post
As to another poster's point about you committing criminal damage to the cable, you can't commit criminal damage on your own property!
Yes you can.
cookie_365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 23-03-2010, 22:11   #47
calmpitbull
Inactive

calmpitbull is a name known to allcalmpitbull is a name known to allcalmpitbull is a name known to allcalmpitbull is a name known to allcalmpitbull is a name known to allcalmpitbull is a name known to allcalmpitbull is a name known to allcalmpitbull is a name known to all

How can you commit criminal damage on your own land to something which shouldn't be there and never had permission to be there?

Sooner you stick a spade through it the better. That way they will have no choice but to re-route it.

Just say you were doing a spot of gardening

As for your nice neighbours, they were obviously not nice enough to stop it happening even though they knew it wasn't right. Sounds to me like they are just telling you what you want to hear.
calmpitbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2010, 12:18   #48
rag3d
Inactive

rag3d will become famous soon enoughrag3d will become famous soon enoughrag3d will become famous soon enough

Thanks guys for all the support and advice. Have spoken to solicitor, they say there is a possibility of commiting criminal damage if I cut the cable deliberately. Dont know what happens if there was an "ACCIDENT".
Had a meeting here this Monday with Reps from BT, Carrilion their contractor and Cobra who are contractors to Carillion for this job. Agreement has been reached that the cable will be redirected outside my property and go along to and down my neighbours garden.
I have told them I dont want them digging up the trench on my garden to pull the existing installation out, dont see the point in letting them make any more mess. They all would have been content to leave things as they were and for Cobra to send a couple of blokes to tidy the garden. They tried to convince me that the turf on their trench would would disappear, I know from first hand experience that is not the case. Tomorrow a landscape company is coming to give me a quote to returf the lawn. Their estimate will be forwarded to BTs claims dept who have sent me a claims form.
Thanks again for the confidence you have given me to push this forward.
PAUL: Thanks, I have been helped by someone in BT who made the contact between Openreach and myself and has kept in contact with me by phone and email to this point.
rag3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2010, 12:21   #49
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars

Nice one, do not let this go and ensure that you pursue the claim for the re-turfing as you are the wronged party.
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2010, 21:32   #50
LSainsbury

Services: TV: Sky HD, Landline: BT, Mobile: Orange, Internet: Quite Slow!

Can we see some of the photos you took so we can see what they did??
Old 25-03-2010, 12:13   #51
rag3d
Inactive

rag3d will become famous soon enoughrag3d will become famous soon enoughrag3d will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSainsbury View Post
Can we see some of the photos you took so we can see what they did??
First time I have done this Lee hope it works.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg garden damage openreach 001.jpg (809.6 KB, 300 views)
File Type: jpg garden damage openreach 006.jpg (774.4 KB, 271 views)
Old 25-03-2010, 12:21   #52
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!

What possessed them to think that would be alright by any stretch of the imagination, they have dug a trench accross the road and then through your property using the shortest route.

That is absolutely shocking, have them given you a timescale for its removal.
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2010, 12:30   #53
LSainsbury

Services: TV: Sky HD, Landline: BT, Mobile: Orange, Internet: Quite Slow!

One word: Unbelieveable.

Muppets!

(Make that two words!)
Old 25-03-2010, 14:39   #54
rag3d
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moldova View Post
What possessed them to think that would be alright by any stretch of the imagination, they have dug a trench accross the road and then through your property using the shortest route.

That is absolutely shocking, have them given you a timescale for its removal.
No timscale given, After seeing the standard of their work I will not allow them to dig in my garden to remove whatever is there. I am waiting on a quote from a professional landscaper and when he does the work if their cable is nearer the surface than I have been told it will be removed.
I just have to see if the claims dept are prepared to meet the cost of re-turfing this small garden.
The landscaper that came today to give me a quote told me that the job Openreach left would in all probability always show.
Old 25-03-2010, 15:18   #55
Jules
Inactive

Services: Don't have a clue any more.
Jules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny stars
Jules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny stars

Omg! that looks even worse than I thought it would! I can understand why you are upset!
Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2010, 15:52   #56
tdadyslexia
Inactive

Services: Cable Modem 60MB 2 TiVo Box's one, 1TB the other 500GB Plus Phone from NTL
tdadyslexia is a glorious beacon of lighttdadyslexia is a glorious beacon of lighttdadyslexia is a glorious beacon of lighttdadyslexia is a glorious beacon of lighttdadyslexia is a glorious beacon of lighttdadyslexia is a glorious beacon of lighttdadyslexia is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by rag3d View Post
First time I have done this Lee hope it works.
That is disgusting, you need a fence to halite your boundary.
tdadyslexia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2010, 17:08   #57
MovedGoalPosts
Inactive

MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars
MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars

Don't just assume that you can erect any type of fence. Many houses are built with open layout styled front gardens. There may be restrictions in the title or from planning to use of fencing.

That so called reinstatement of a lawn is the sort of thing they'd get away with on a public road verge, perhaps, but to someone's front garden is appalling.
MovedGoalPosts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2010, 21:40   #58
Dukefever
Inactive

Services: VM XL TV, XL BB, M Phone, 1GB Tivo + V HD box (Premiere)
Dukefever has a spectacular aura about themDukefever has a spectacular aura about themDukefever has a spectacular aura about themDukefever has a spectacular aura about them

I feel your anger now more than I thought you were.

P*ss poor job. Hope it all gets sorted and quickly.

Duke
Dukefever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2010, 00:04   #59
saabmania2

Services: VIP Pack
saabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to saabmania2

thats just seriously WRONG, lord knows how they could even think of leaving it like that is beyond me, i know my temper and that would have been ripped out within hours of getting home (yes i know it might not be legal) but i would have gone berserk.

I still would get them to move the cable, after all they shouldn't have put it through their i the first place, remove cable and re-turf the lawn and some compensation for all your hastle is a minimum you should be after
saabmania2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2010, 13:46   #60
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by rag3d View Post
No timscale given, After seeing the standard of their work I will not allow them to dig in my garden to remove whatever is there. I am waiting on a quote from a professional landscaper and when he does the work if their cable is nearer the surface than I have been told it will be removed.
I just have to see if the claims dept are prepared to meet the cost of re-turfing this small garden.
The landscaper that came today to give me a quote told me that the job Openreach left would in all probability always show.
Hang on - you've not agreed to allow the cable to remain, have you?

You have to get that cable off your property. What if it needs repaired or replaced in future? Whose garden will be getting dug up if/when that happens? Yep, yours.

There is absolutely no reason for that cable to be on your property. Openreach should have dug their trench along the pavement until it reached your neighbour's boundary, and then they should have run it up through his lawn. The reason they did not do that was clearly to save themselves some time and money. Well, frankly, their time and money is not your problem!
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote