Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | signing for the delivery of a new hub

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Installation Issues

Package Help!?

Old 18-08-2011, 09:44   #1
KungFuKitty
Inactive

Services: VM XL BB (20meg)
KungFuKitty has a spectacular aura about themKungFuKitty has a spectacular aura about themKungFuKitty has a spectacular aura about themKungFuKitty has a spectacular aura about them
Send a message via MSN to KungFuKitty
Package Help!?

Hi all

My brother in-law wants to switch back to Virgin, he's been with Sky for the last 5 or so months and had nothing but trouble.. including, which sounds just ridiculous to me, being told to open the box on his wall and mess around with the wires himself rather than them send out an engineer which'll cost him £130 apparently! I've been down and checked his computer myself & am 100% sure it's a problem with the shoddy installation they put in aswell as the modem itself dying.

So anyway, i was wondering if he would get a 'brand new customer' deal as he's been off of Virgin for around half a year.
Trying to find the best deal for him, what he's looking for is..

Standard package TV (medium i think is lowest?)
10mb Internet Line
Talk Unlimited Phone line
Maybe a V HD box for tv depending on extra cost.

Anyone know what's the best deal he'll be able to get for those services? I know some of you work for VM and have a good idea on pricing, also would there be any form of incentive to 'switch back'?
Thanks all
KungFuKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 18-08-2011, 11:37   #2
New to cable
Permanently Banned

New to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutter
Re: Package Help!?

Whatever deal he goes for he will get 6 months half price right now.

But for what you want

Monthly cost
Your bundle

£10.00
Virgin phone line

£13.90
Your extras

FREE
Total

£23.90
£23.90 for first 6 months
£33.90 after that

---------- Post added at 10:35 ---------- Previous post was at 10:32 ----------

Actually you want talk unlimited so that will be £42 a month total.

---------- Post added at 10:36 ---------- Previous post was at 10:35 ----------

---------- Post added at 10:37 ---------- Previous post was at 10:36 ----------

New to cable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2011, 15:30   #3
KungFuKitty
Inactive

KungFuKitty has a spectacular aura about themKungFuKitty has a spectacular aura about themKungFuKitty has a spectacular aura about themKungFuKitty has a spectacular aura about them

I just checked on the VM website and it says:
£36.90 for first 6 months
£46.90 after that
For ~
  • Broadband (L) 10mb
  • Tv (M+) 65 Channels
  • Phone (XL) Unlimited
  • 1x V+ HD Box

One-off cost
£49.95
You save £40.00

+ £60 credit off first bill if i order online.

Doesn't say anything about 50% off all bills for 6 months though?
Old 18-08-2011, 17:00   #4
richard1960

Services: vm broadband tvxl TiVo, v+ sky sports and phone.

Its half price for six months on selected bundles see the link below.

http://shop.virginmedia.com/bundles.html
Old 18-08-2011, 17:12   #5
KungFuKitty
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard1960 View Post
Its half price for six months on selected bundles see the link below.

http://shop.virginmedia.com/bundles.html
Just keeps giving me "oops! something's broken" lol
So i'm guessing what i stated above isn't applicable to the 6months @ half price offer?
Old 18-08-2011, 17:15   #6
richard1960

Quote:
Originally Posted by KungFuKitty View Post
Just keeps giving me "oops! something's broken" lol
So i'm guessing what i stated above isn't applicable to the 6months @ half price offer?
I think it is but you have to ring in to get the offers,as that part of their website has been taken down by the looks of it for updating.

Have just checked the link i posted for the six months half price offers is working for me

Try this link.

http://blog.broadbandinternetuk.com/...hs-60-cashback

But as i said you will have to ring then to get the deals,hope this helps.
Old 18-08-2011, 17:22   #7
KungFuKitty
Inactive

Ah, bugger, I'm getting "We've taken the site down for a little while to make some improvements." now!
Supposed to be letting him know soon over the phone what to go for, bad timing to say the least lol. If what i stated above does fall under the 6months half price offer though, wouldn't ringing in to get it kill his chance of £60 credit to bill by buying online? >.<
Old 18-08-2011, 17:27   #8
richard1960

Quote:
Ah, bugger, I'm getting "We've taken the site down for a little while to make some improvements." now!
Supposed to be letting him know soon over the phone what to go for, bad timing to say the least lol. If what i stated above does fall under the 6months half price offer though, wouldn't ringing in to get it kill his chance of £60 credit to bill by buying online? >.<
Yes he would not get the £60 credit unless you buy online sadly.

But at least he could get the half pice bundle for six months by the time they get the online section going the offer may be over.

i am also getting the "we've taken the site down message" could be a while before its up and running again in my expierience.! Hope you get sorted in the end,you are very good doing all this work for your brother in law hope he is grateful.
Old 18-08-2011, 17:31   #9
KungFuKitty
Inactive

Aw! thanks lol
Okay thank you for the help richard, half off for a year beats a one-off £60 anyday :P
Just one last question to you or anyone who may know, when does this 50% off for 1/2 a yr deal end? Just so i know when to make sure he places his order by.
Much thnx for help
Old 18-08-2011, 17:37   #10
richard1960

Quote:
Aw! thanks lol
Okay thank you for the help richard, half off for a year beats a one-off £60 anyday :P
Just one last question to you or anyone who may know, when does this 50% off for 1/2 a yr deal end? Just so i know when to make sure he places his order by.
Much thnx for help
Think its the end of september but not sure, oh and if you mention the fact it does say nline offer but the link is not working so you cannot order online you should be fine ordering by phone good luck.
Old 18-08-2011, 17:48   #11
KungFuKitty
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard1960 View Post
Think its the end of september but not sure, oh and if you mention the fact it does say nline offer but the link is not working so you cannot order online you should be fine ordering by phone good luck.
You legend cheers Rich.
Old 18-08-2011, 20:58   #12
thenry
Inactive

thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star

Consider 30Mb, the discounts should increase and it might work out not that more expensive.
thenry is offline   Reply With Quote