Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Old 30-07-2015, 11:25   #5881
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
Re: ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Well with him at the helm l am not surprised it failed.
Old 30-07-2015, 11:34   #5882
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Sorry Den but I totally disagree , Channel 4 have been great for the NFL in the UK and this is sad news in my eyes. I'm not trying to insinuate that Vernon is the best presenter but he's truly passionate about the game.

Many UK NFL fans have Channel 4 to thank for their passion , as I say a shame for UK fans.

Anyone know what's happening with the Sunday night games ?
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2015, 11:42   #5883
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Well each to their own opinion MM but l am not a fan of him.

l have not heard anything about the Sunday night games.
Old 30-07-2015, 12:23   #5884
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Well with him at the helm l am not surprised it failed.
aye to be fair he seems a bit of a t0sser but since ive never watched it i cant really comment.

id imagine sky will grab up all these sunday night games?? they need something to put on sky sports 5!
vincerooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2015, 12:31   #5885
Richc1977
cf.addict

Services: V6, Full House, 200MB BB, Netflix UHD, Sky Go
Richc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to behold

There have been posts on the UK NFL forums today saying that BBC have picked up SNF and will be showing it on BBC3 until the channel switches over to online in 2016. Imagine the superbowl will be on BBC1 or 2.

NFL are keen to keep some content on free to air as they try and grow the sport in the UK with a view to a UK franchise.

These are unconfirmed reports re BBC, so treat as rumour.
Richc1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2015, 13:35   #5886
alwaysabear
RIp Sweetness

Services: TiVo Full house sports bundle,Vivid 200, SHUB 3, talk more anytime.
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Sorry Den but I totally disagree , Channel 4 have been great for the NFL in the UK and this is sad news in my eyes. I'm not trying to insinuate that Vernon is the best presenter but he's truly passionate about the game.

Many UK NFL fans have Channel 4 to thank for their passion , as I say a shame for UK fans.

Anyone know what's happening with the Sunday night games ?
That is a great shame channel 4 were the original broadcasters of NFL in the 80's and although I have followed the game since the 70's it gave the me the first chance to watch games every week of the season.
I am lucky enough to follow my passion on Sky ,but I do feel for the many fans who will not be able to watch this season on free to air TV as it stand now.

---------- Post added at 12:35 ---------- Previous post was at 12:33 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richc1977 View Post
There have been posts on the UK NFL forums today saying that BBC have picked up SNF and will be showing it on BBC3 until the channel switches over to online in 2016. Imagine the superbowl will be on BBC1 or 2.

NFL are keen to keep some content on free to air as they try and grow the sport in the UK with a view to a UK franchise.

These are unconfirmed reports re BBC, so treat as rumour.
Let's hope the rumours are true!
alwaysabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2015, 14:48   #5887
tassiekev
Inactive

tassiekev is a jewel in the roughtassiekev is a jewel in the roughtassiekev is a jewel in the roughtassiekev is a jewel in the roughtassiekev is a jewel in the rough

bring back the frig!! William Perry wasn't it?
tassiekev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2015, 15:16   #5888
alwaysabear
RIp Sweetness

Services: TiVo Full house sports bundle,Vivid 200, SHUB 3, talk more anytime.
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by tassiekev View Post
bring back the frig!! William Perry wasn't it?
I think you mean the "fridge" Perry was a bit part player, there were many greats in 85 Bears
alwaysabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2015, 15:22   #5889
tassiekev
Inactive

tassiekev is a jewel in the roughtassiekev is a jewel in the roughtassiekev is a jewel in the roughtassiekev is a jewel in the roughtassiekev is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysabear View Post
I think you mean the "fridge" Perry was a bit part player, there were many greats in 85 Bears
yep, that's him

BTW:

http://www.grammarphobia.com/blog/2012/11/fridge.html
Old 30-07-2015, 17:01   #5890
Richc1977
cf.addict

Services: V6, Full House, 200MB BB, Netflix UHD, Sky Go
Richc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to behold

Update, if this is a legit email then BBC have NFL rights to SNF, this was posted just now on UK NFL forums

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CLK2wcoXAAALKdR.jpg
Richc1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2015, 23:04   #5891
Joedm45
cf.geek

Joedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of Quads

Excuse my ignorance as I know very little about NFL but isn't it very stop start? Surely it is better suited to a channel with adverts. I wonder how it would fare on BBC? They'll have to have a lot of waffle in the quiet time.
Joedm45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2015, 23:28   #5892
tassiekev
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joedm45 View Post
Excuse my ignorance as I know very little about NFL but isn't it very stop start? Surely it is better suited to a channel with adverts. I wonder how it would fare on BBC? They'll have to have a lot of waffle in the quiet time.
Maybe they'll hire Andy Townsend & Michael Owen to have a bit of a chat in the breaks - hopefully on an exclusive basis.
Old 30-07-2015, 23:32   #5893
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joedm45 View Post
Most people are in bed anyway.
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2015, 06:17   #5894
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by tassiekev View Post
Maybe they'll hire Andy Townsend & Michael Owen to have a bit of a chat in the breaks - hopefully on an exclusive basis.
Vernon Kay was bad enough thanks.
Old 31-07-2015, 15:52   #5895
johnathome
cf.geek

Services: 125Mb VM BB. Prime, XBMC. Paramount+, Netflix, D+
johnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Vernon Kay was bad enough thanks.
He's waaaayyy better than the 2 eejits the Vicious Boys who did it many moons ago on CH4.
johnathome is offline   Reply With Quote