Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)
Closed Thread

Old 19-04-2017, 13:17   #1066
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

Media Boy Sources has confirmed that MADE IN TEESSIDE tests has started on Virgin Media UK.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Advertisement
Old 19-04-2017, 13:25   #1067
telegramsam
telegramsam

Services: Sky Q,Multiscreen, Sky phone line, Sky broadband,Free view.
telegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
Media Boy Sources has confirmed that MADE IN TEESSIDE tests has started on Virgin Media UK.
Thanks for the info Media Boy. Any idea how long before it's likely to launch?
Old 19-04-2017, 13:40   #1068
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by telegramsam View Post
Thanks for the info Media Boy. Any idea how long before it's likely to launch?
Latest info we have is "By May"

http://mediaboyblog.blogspot.co.uk/2...esside-to.html

EDIT: We just been on Made in Teesside twitter page and it say that they has launch on April 18th on Virgin Channel 159.

Can you confirm telegramsam?

Last edited by Media Boy UK; 19-04-2017 at 13:45.
Old 19-04-2017, 14:35   #1069
telegramsam
telegramsam

telegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant future

Quote:
Latest info we have is "By May"

http://mediaboyblog.blogspot.co.uk/2...esside-to.html

EDIT: We just been on Made in Teesside twitter page and it say that they has launch on April 18th on Virgin Channel 159.

Can you confirm telegramsam?
Just looked on my v HD box and it's listed on the EPG but when I tried to view it says "this channel isn't available right now or you may not be subscribed to it" . I'm on the xl pack ( or whatever it's called now ) so I should get it,shouldn't I? Maybe it takes a while to update?
Just looked on the TiVo box and it's up and running! They're showing a very old black and white program,Sherlock Holmes!

Last edited by telegramsam; 19-04-2017 at 14:46. Reason: Addional information
Old 19-04-2017, 15:06   #1070
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Try an reboot it may fix your V HD Box.

---------- Post added at 14:06 ---------- Previous post was at 14:05 ----------

Thanks for info on Made in Teesside.
Old 19-04-2017, 15:13   #1071
telegramsam
telegramsam

Quote:
Thanks I will when I get back home.

Old 19-04-2017, 17:46   #1072
jj20x

Quote:
It showed up as testing on the NGRHEE Bromley network before Easter but I was unable to check if it was running in the background on the Teesside network, as that is, unfortunately, on the ex-NTL group of networks (NIT data for the ex-NTL group can't be seen from the ex-Telewest / ex-C&W / ex-Smallworld group).

At the same time it was noted that Cambridge TV was no longer in the Network Information Tables for NGRHEE Bromley. Also Bay TV Swansea had been removed from the NIT tables of NGRHEE Bromley, NGRHEE Knowsley, TTA Bromley DMC (Bromley RHE) & TTA Knowsley DMC (Hayes_RHE) networks. All of those are networks used for internal testing. Cambridge TV & Bay TV Swansea remain in the Service Description Table and, presumably, on their respective regional networks (I can't confirm that as they are both on the ex-NTL group).

As far as "tests" go:

Viceland showed up in the NIT tables of TTA Knowsley DMC (Hayes_RHE), TTA Bromley DMC (Bromley RHE) & Code Download Test (Portsmouth).

Fox News Channel was in the NIT tables of TTA Knowsley DMC (Hayes_RHE), TTA Bromley DMC (Bromley RHE), NGRHEE Bromley & NGRHEE Knowsley.

No progress with those.

Point of interest: NIT tables of NGRHEE Bromley, TTA Bromley DMC (Bromley RHE) & Manchester TRIALS networks include: RTE One, RTE Two & TG4 - presumably for monitoring purposes, I wouldn't expect those to be made available on customer facing networks other than those in Northern Ireland.

Various internal tests continue to show up on the NIT tables of VM's internal networks. Frequency tests appear in the NIT for various regional networks, although many of these have been observed as currently being inactive.

No major developments unfortunately.

Last edited by jj20x; 19-04-2017 at 17:50.

Old 19-04-2017, 18:45   #1073
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jj20x View Post
It showed up as testing on the NGRHEE Bromley network before Easter but I was unable to check if it was running in the background on the Teesside network, as that is, unfortunately, on the ex-NTL group of networks (NIT data for the ex-NTL group can't be seen from the ex-Telewest / ex-C&W / ex-Smallworld group).

At the same time it was noted that Cambridge TV was no longer in the Network Information Tables for NGRHEE Bromley. Also Bay TV Swansea had been removed from the NIT tables of NGRHEE Bromley, NGRHEE Knowsley, TTA Bromley DMC (Bromley RHE) & TTA Knowsley DMC (Hayes_RHE) networks. All of those are networks used for internal testing. Cambridge TV & Bay TV Swansea remain in the Service Description Table and, presumably, on their respective regional networks (I can't confirm that as they are both on the ex-NTL group).

As far as "tests" go:

Viceland showed up in the NIT tables of TTA Knowsley DMC (Hayes_RHE), TTA Bromley DMC (Bromley RHE) & Code Download Test (Portsmouth).

Fox News Channel was in the NIT tables of TTA Knowsley DMC (Hayes_RHE), TTA Bromley DMC (Bromley RHE), NGRHEE Bromley & NGRHEE Knowsley.

No progress with those.

Point of interest: NIT tables of NGRHEE Bromley, TTA Bromley DMC (Bromley RHE) & Manchester TRIALS networks include: RTE One, RTE Two & TG4 - presumably for monitoring purposes, I wouldn't expect those to be made available on customer facing networks other than those in Northern Ireland.

Various internal tests continue to show up on the NIT tables of VM's internal networks. Frequency tests appear in the NIT for various regional networks, although many of these have been observed as currently being inactive.

No major developments unfortunately.
Base on info we seen yesterday.

Viceland is broadcast with both Video and EPG.
Fox News is Not doing anything.

---------- Post added at 17:45 ---------- Previous post was at 17:36 ----------

No news was given on That's Solent
Old 19-04-2017, 18:51   #1074
telegramsam
telegramsam

Quote:

Well I've tried a reboot but still not receiving it. I'l try tomorrow and if it's still not on I'l phone Virgin about it. I would of thought as all my other channels I sub to are on and the Made On Teesside channel is on my TiVo box it would of been on the V hd box too!
Old 19-04-2017, 21:53   #1075
jj20x

Quote:
Base on info we seen yesterday.

Viceland is broadcast with both Video and EPG.
Fox News is Not doing anything.
Nothing new there for Viceland, the video stream (PID 1601) and audio stream (PID 1611) are indeed carried across multiple networks on transport stream TSID 11 and have been for a long time.

This isn't unusual, as Viceland isn't in the NIT for the customer facing networks. It (the presence of hidden video and audio streams) is quite common on the regional transport streams, where local tv channels are sent out across all networks from the local headend but only defined in the NIT for the appropriate networks. E.g. Sheffield Live audio & video streams are carried across Barnsley 1, Barnsley 2, Barnsley 3 & Barnsley 4 networks but only present in the NIT for Barnsley 3 & Barnsley 4, which cover the Sheffield area. Sheffield Live is viewable on VM equipment on the Barnsley 3 & Barnsley 4 networks, where it is present in the NIT but ignored by VM equipment on the Barnsley 1 & Barnsley 2 networks, where it isn't defined in the NIT, even though the video and audio streams are actually present.

EPG data is carried across the entire network, repeated across each transport stream, so EPG data being present doesn't actually indicate that the channels are physically present anywhere on the network.

The fact that the Viceland video and audio streams were added across the national network some time ago but haven't been added to the NIT possibly indicates that there is a problem bringing the service to VM customers. The problem could be technical, contractual or just a reason known only to VM management.

Quote:
No news was given on That's Solent
As I've said previously, it isn't listed in the NIT for ANY network, not even the internal networks used for testing.

It only exists as a name defined in the Service Description Table. Indicating that it may have been tested at some point and the tests were subsequently discontinued OR it was added, at some point, but the active tests never actually started.

Last edited by jj20x; 19-04-2017 at 22:02.

Old 20-04-2017, 00:09   #1076
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Quote:

Deary me, more dross!!
Old 20-04-2017, 18:22   #1077
johnathome
cf.geek

Services: 125Mb VM BB. Prime, XBMC. Paramount+, Netflix, D+
johnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
Deary me, more dross!!
Oh i don't know, i've been on the darkside for 2 years and have given my notice to cancel and d-day is 10th May.

This broadcasting behemoth may tempt me back, although i'd have to move up North.
Old 20-04-2017, 19:08   #1078
telegramsam
telegramsam

Quote:
Well I've tried a reboot but still not receiving it. I'l try tomorrow and if it's still not on I'l phone Virgin about it. I would of thought as all my other channels I sub to are on and the Made On Teesside channel is on my TiVo box it would of been on the V hd box too!
Made On Teesside now on my Vhd box.
Old 22-04-2017, 18:11   #1079
Ddonald2016
cf.geek

Ddonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enough

Any idea why my TiVo suddenly goes through welcome stage and starting up but then no picture and also the box is still recording the shows
Old 22-04-2017, 23:37   #1080
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Made On Teesside now on my Vhd box.
I'm glad for you, Sam, but I think your new channel will be a bit of a let down!

Unless you enjoy third rate black and white films, that is!
Closed Thread