Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Will you buy The Sun on Sunday?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

Will you buy The Sun on Sunday?
View Poll Results: Will you buy The Sun on Sunday?
Yes 16 13.33%
No 95 79.17%
Occasionally 6 5.00%
Unsure 3 2.50%
Voters: 120. You may not vote on this poll

Old 20-02-2012, 18:20   #31
Chrysalis
cf.mega poster

Services: Gig1, Hub 5
Chrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronze
Chrysalis is cast in bronze
Re: Will you buy The Sun on Sunday?

I dont buy any papers so I answered the question pretending I do buy papers, it was still no.
Chrysalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 20-02-2012, 18:30   #32
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

People overlook that the fences were erected at football grounds partly in response to the Heysel disaster amongst other acts of hooliganism. It's all rather tragic. That's starting to drag it off topic anyway.
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2012, 18:45   #33
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
I agree. But I don't see what that has to do with it.
I doubt any of their families will ever read this or any other paper published by News International.
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2012, 18:58   #34
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling

No

Why would i want to lower my IQ by reading that drivel

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/
Sirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2012, 19:39   #35
TheNorm
Inactive

Services: Sky TV, VM TV, 20meg bb, tel, and a lobster (but the lobster died).
TheNorm has a nice shiny star
TheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny star

There are only two reasons to buy The Sun...
TheNorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2012, 21:06   #36
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNorm View Post
There are only two reasons to buy The Sun...

Page 3 and George and Lynne
Old 20-02-2012, 23:21   #37
bw41101
cf.geek

Services: Broadband XL TV XL Phone - A device with buttons that makes a funny noise when it rings!
bw41101 has a bronzed appealbw41101 has a bronzed appeal
bw41101 has a bronzed appealbw41101 has a bronzed appealbw41101 has a bronzed appealbw41101 has a bronzed appealbw41101 has a bronzed appealbw41101 has a bronzed appealbw41101 has a bronzed appeal

In retrospect and (of course) purely from an intellectual point of view, one would prefer the Beano. Oh I say, one reads that menace chappie is becoming more uncouth by the day don't you know.

Be seeing one
bw41101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2012, 23:49   #38
Halcyon
Hello !

Services: Sky, AppleTV, Netflix
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars

I dont buy any newspapers at the weekend so will NOT be buying this one either.

The only newspaper I do read is my local one on a Thursday that has a going out guide to whats happening at the weekend.

Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2012, 00:31   #39
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysalis View Post
I dont buy any papers so I answered the question pretending I do buy papers, it was still no.
Ditto.
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2012, 02:46   #40
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_ View Post
For anyone willing to buy this piece of tat please do think for a moment and remember the 96 victims who died at Hillsborough and whose memories this companies rags tried to drag through the mud in order to protect the Yorkshire Police, if you have no conscience then go out and buy it.
Sorry, but this is just nonsense. What a paper did or did not do 22+ years ago is irrelevant ancient history, its really time you let go of this grudge.

BTW, I dont buy any newspapers.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2012, 03:04   #41
RizzyKing

I stopped buying the sun years ago when I realised what a nasty little rag it was. Perfect example in the fall of journalistic standards you could ask for. Sun on sunday I am sure will kick right into it's normal stride within a couple of weeks probably with an anti islam story. I would rather slow drill a hole in my skull then put a single penny into the murdoch's coffers.
Old 21-02-2012, 08:47   #42
Chrysalis
cf.mega poster

Services: Gig1, Hub 5
Chrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronze
Chrysalis is cast in bronze

What was amusing is the sun journalists claiming they been targeted yet for years they have bullied many people with damaging stories.
Chrysalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2012, 09:02   #43
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul M View Post
Sorry, but this is just nonsense. What a paper did or did not do 22+ years ago is irrelevant ancient history, its really time you let go of this grudge.

BTW, I dont buy any newspapers.
You are not from the City of Liverpool so obviously you do not understand the pain that company caused and I would not wish that on anyone.

I rather doubt that in this city that I am alone in feeling this way even though time has past the are still many questions unanswered by the authorities.

Apart from the picture I posted above have you ever stood in front of the memorial at Anfield, if not then try it sometime maybe that will bring it home to you when you talk of a grudge it goes deeper than that.
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2012, 09:35   #44
richard1960

Services: vm broadband tvxl TiVo, v+ sky sports and phone.

Quote:
You are not from the City of Liverpool so obviously you do not understand the pain that company caused and I would not wish that on anyone.

I rather doubt that in this city that I am alone in feeling this way even though time has past the are still many questions unanswered by the authorities.

Apart from the picture I posted above have you ever stood in front of the memorial at Anfield, if not then try it sometime maybe that will bring it home to you when you talk of a grudge it goes deeper than that.
I can fully see where you are coming from Peter and its good to see people sticking by their principles in Liverpool what the sun did was disgusting and for years Kelvin McKenzie defended the indefensible and even now probably believes the sun printed the truth.
Old 21-02-2012, 09:46   #45
Alan Fry
Permanently Banned

Services: 100 MB Broadband, XL Tv, Sky Sports and Movies HD, all other prenium channels, 3 TIVO, 2 V HD
Alan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecart

Quote:
I sat and watched both events live and was appalled by both of them as any normal person would be regardless of their home town.

The difference with that rag is that it deliberately went out of its way to vilify the Liverpool supporters and to try and pin the blame on them in order to cover up the failings of the Police on that day, if it was a government coverup as well that is even more shocking.

I would love to know how those Police Officers can sleep at night especially the ones who turned their backs on the dying who they could see in front of them slowly getting the life crushed out of them and still refused to open the gates onto the pitch, not a memory that I would like to live with.

The match at Heysel should never have happened as the stadium was falling to pieces and the authorities knew it, maybe it would never have happened if they had relocated the match we will never know but those images were equally shocking.
Thank god times have changed since them!
Alan Fry is offline   Reply With Quote