Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Playstation Move

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Gaming Discussion > Sony Games Systems

Playstation Move

Old 22-09-2010, 14:43   #46
icestar2
Inactive

Services: Phone, HDTV, 30MB BB, Tivo
icestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appeal
icestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appeal
Re: Playstation Move

Quote:
Originally Posted by roger skillin View Post
I only have one thing to say "MY ARM HURTS"
Lol I find that artery game the worst for the old sore arms. Can be a killer but its so mch fun.

---------- Post added at 13:43 ---------- Previous post was at 13:40 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by SideWeaver View Post
I am looking forward to playing the copy of heavy rain I have when the patch goes live today (hopefully).
Looking forward to this myself. Should be Live soon if not already. Am intrested to see how movement works though as it was R2 in the normal game. If it supports the Nav controller I'll probably pick on up as had no need for it yet. Got two Move controllers instead.
icestar2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 22-09-2010, 14:49   #47
cimt

cimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appeal
cimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appeal

Apparently it's horrible. A forum I go on has people commenting about it. I'll try and find the quote. The comment is about the demo though, I think.

Edit;

here it is:

Quote:
Heavy Rain doesn't get anything out of the Move, it just doesn't feel intuitive with it. The only part of the demo that felt good was when entering the car - you pull open te door, insert the key and twist your hand to start the ignition but other than that scenes like climbing the embankment just felt awkward with it. Not the fault of the Move it's the game that's ****...well the control aspect of it anyway.
Quote:
Yeah i tried the Heavy Rain Move demo and it's absolutely woeful. It's just exactly the opposite of what the control is supposed to be for. It's all waggle and no accuracy.
cimt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2010, 18:13   #48
RealDiamond
Inactive

Services: Free^60meg No, Free^30meg Yes, TV M, Phone M. Running Kubuntu 12.04+Chromium Browser On Free laptop
RealDiamond is just really niceRealDiamond is just really niceRealDiamond is just really niceRealDiamond is just really niceRealDiamond is just really niceRealDiamond is just really nice

MOVE for heavy rain is about hand and body direction control. There has never been any aiming systems in heany rain. After enough time you will jump a head of the game and do things automatic with out looking for symbols opening door is a case of looking are they push, pull or slide. Then you push pull or slide the MOVE. need to move a hand to a pocket then. MOVE to that pocket. Need to twist hand in game then twist your hand.
it's that simple. in a way to simple.
RealDiamond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2010, 18:47   #49
icestar2
Inactive

Services: Phone, HDTV, 30MB BB, Tivo
icestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appeal
icestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealDiamond View Post
MOVE for heavy rain is about hand and body direction control. There has never been any aiming systems in heany rain. After enough time you will jump a head of the game and do things automatic with out looking for symbols opening door is a case of looking are they push, pull or slide. Then you push pull or slide the MOVE. need to move a hand to a pocket then. MOVE to that pocket. Need to twist hand in game then twist your hand.
it's that simple. in a way to simple.
I really couldn't get used to it as first. After playing it for a while its starting to feel like second nature. Just played that motoway scene and the Move controller is so much better for that part than the sixaxis was. Got me a trophy for it
icestar2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2010, 22:19   #50
SideWeaver
Inactive

Services: VIP 50MB Bundle + Extra V+ Box
SideWeaver is an unknown quantity at this point

I like it for the move myself, but I never played it before. I am playing it on the hardest setting I believe and it is real fun. It gets me stretchin a lot with all the different buttons. Whole lot of fun so far. I am only up to the point when Ethan has his first meeting with the counsellor.
SideWeaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2010, 22:30   #51
wwe
cf.mega poster

Services: Telewest Phone Telewest BroadBand Telewest Digital Tv v+ HD
wwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpack

what is move all about? ive only seen a little clip of it and it does seem good.?
wwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2010, 22:47   #52
SideWeaver
Inactive

Services: VIP 50MB Bundle + Extra V+ Box
SideWeaver is an unknown quantity at this point

A good review to watch s http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inWVkf4VzXs He shares a lot of my views if not all.
SideWeaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2010, 11:59   #53
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwe View Post
what is move all about? ive only seen a little clip of it and it does seem good.?
Its like the Wii but it is an add on for the PS3 that Sony released last week.
Old 24-09-2010, 16:23   #54
wwe
cf.mega poster

wwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpack

been and got it from game 49.99 got the starter pack. Just trying to set it up now
Old 24-09-2010, 16:38   #55
Fitze73
Inactive

Services: 2 X Sky+HD 1x LG blu ray home cinema, PS3, XBox360,W
Fitze73 has a spectacular aura about themFitze73 has a spectacular aura about themFitze73 has a spectacular aura about themFitze73 has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:
been and got it from game 49.99 got the starter pack. Just trying to set it up now
lol i paid £35 for mine...... whats yr psn wwe
Fitze73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2010, 17:33   #56
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitze73 View Post
lol i paid £35 for mine...... whats yr psn wwe
Wouldn't that have been just the Controller?

The starter pack includes the camera and demo disc as well.
Old 24-09-2010, 20:23   #57
wwe
cf.mega poster

Is anybody else having a problem getting on to beat sketcher demo?
Ive in stalled it and it said to point the ball at the eye cam 1.5M and press circle Ive done this and northing happens.
Old 24-09-2010, 20:34   #58
Ravenheart
Inactive

Ravenheart has a bronzed appealRavenheart has a bronzed appeal
Ravenheart has a bronzed appealRavenheart has a bronzed appealRavenheart has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Is anybody else having a problem getting on to beat sketcher demo?
Ive in stalled it and it said to point the ball at the eye cam 1.5M and press circle Ive done this and northing happens.
I had the same problem as did loads of other folks according to some forums I've been on, it seems to only work if the move is controller no. 7

You can change the number allocated by going to accessory settings, reassign controllers.

Hope this helps
Ravenheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2010, 20:51   #59
Fitze73
Inactive

Services: 2 X Sky+HD 1x LG blu ray home cinema, PS3, XBox360,W
Fitze73 has a spectacular aura about themFitze73 has a spectacular aura about themFitze73 has a spectacular aura about themFitze73 has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Wouldn't that have been just the Controller?

The starter pack includes the camera and demo disc as well.
no that was for the starter pack, camera motion controller and starter disc
Fitze73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2010, 21:03   #60
wwe
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenheart View Post
I had the same problem as did loads of other folks according to some forums I've been on, it seems to only work if the move is controller no. 7

You can change the number allocated by going to accessory settings, reassign controllers.

Hope this helps
thank you ill give it ago.