Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | passport and 6 month rule

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle

Airport Parking

Old 07-04-2008, 12:00   #1
lostandconfused
Inactive

Services: 2 X V+ XL TV XL BB XL Telco
lostandconfused has reached the bronze age
lostandconfused has reached the bronze agelostandconfused has reached the bronze agelostandconfused has reached the bronze agelostandconfused has reached the bronze agelostandconfused has reached the bronze agelostandconfused has reached the bronze agelostandconfused has reached the bronze agelostandconfused has reached the bronze agelostandconfused has reached the bronze age
Airport Parking

Hi all,

Am off on holiday at the end of may, flying from gatwick for 2 weeks.

Normally drive down on the day and use BCP, but this year the flight is quite early, need to be at the airport for 7 and its a good 2.5 hour drive, so was thinking about getting a hotel and go up the night before as a lot of them allow you to park in the hotel for the 2 weeks.

Was wondering if anyone knows any good places close by, or do you reckon its better just to drive up on the day? Its a 9hour flight so theres plenty of time to sleep on the plane.

Thanks in advance!
lostandconfused is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 07-04-2008, 12:17   #2
fireman328
Inactive

fireman328 has reached the bronze age
fireman328 has reached the bronze agefireman328 has reached the bronze age
Re: Airport Parking

I llive very close to the airport, try these for parking only or parking with overnight stay
http://www.bluedogparking.co.uk/
fireman328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 12:30   #3
punky
Inactive

punky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aura
punky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aura

We stayed at the Premier Travel Inn nearby and that included 17 days free gatwick parking and I think the price wasn't far off what you'd pay for for a night. It went pretty well. I think we organised it through www.holidayextras.co.uk
punky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 12:31   #4
lostandconfused
Inactive

Services: 2 X V+ XL TV XL BB XL Telco
lostandconfused has reached the bronze age
lostandconfused has reached the bronze agelostandconfused has reached the bronze agelostandconfused has reached the bronze agelostandconfused has reached the bronze agelostandconfused has reached the bronze agelostandconfused has reached the bronze agelostandconfused has reached the bronze agelostandconfused has reached the bronze agelostandconfused has reached the bronze age

thanks for that, thats a really handy sight, its about an extra £100.

Still cant make up my mind, whether my tight fistedness is stronger than my hatred of early mornings!
lostandconfused is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 12:59   #5
Charlie_Bubble
Inactive

Charlie_Bubble has reached the bronze age
Charlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze age

Personally, I'd wake up early to save £100. Think what you could spend this on during your hols!
Charlie_Bubble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 13:09   #6
Wicked_and_Crazy
cf.mega poster

Wicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny star
Wicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny star
Send a message via MSN to Wicked_and_Crazy Send a message via Yahoo to Wicked_and_Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin View Post
We stayed at the Premier Travel Inn nearby and that included 17 days free gatwick parking and I think the price wasn't far off what you'd pay for for a night. It went pretty well. I think we organised it through www.holidayextras.co.uk
I use these too. If you look at Gatwick there is an "undercover" hotel where they dont tell you who it is until after its booked. Go for that one, its a good price, its certainly a good hotel (refurbed last year) and there is plenty of safe parking. You'll find you will pay less that the BCP and you'll get a room for the night.

---------- Post added at 12:09 ---------- Previous post was at 12:07 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_Bubble View Post
Personally, I'd wake up early to save £100. Think what you could spend this on during your hols!
Think how annoyed you'd be if you got stuck in traffic or had a breakdown. At the end of the day youve still got to pay for parking and some of these hotels are charging around the £100 mark for a room a 2 weeks parking included

---------- Post added at 12:09 ---------- Previous post was at 12:09 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostandconfused View Post
thanks for that, thats a really handy sight, its about an extra £100.

Still cant make up my mind, whether my tight fistedness is stronger than my hatred of early mornings!
How do you work that out?? They include 15 days parking
Wicked_and_Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 15:16   #7
Nidge

Services: Virgin, phone and 50meg Broadband.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostandconfused View Post
Hi all,

Am off on holiday at the end of may, flying from gatwick for 2 weeks.

Normally drive down on the day and use BCP, but this year the flight is quite early, need to be at the airport for 7 and its a good 2.5 hour drive, so was thinking about getting a hotel and go up the night before as a lot of them allow you to park in the hotel for the 2 weeks.

Was wondering if anyone knows any good places close by, or do you reckon its better just to drive up on the day? Its a 9hour flight so theres plenty of time to sleep on the plane.

Thanks in advance!
My sister and her fella are flying from Gatwick next week, she's got a night in the hotel plus parking and transport to and from the airport all for £120. It saves them having to drive down there at 3am in the morning then having to park then make their way to the airport, £120 is nothing nowdays.