Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Stranger Things : Season 2 Now on Netflix

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Television

The Shannara Chronicles

Old 25-01-2016, 21:52   #1
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
The Shannara Chronicles

http://www.mtv.com/shows/shannara

"Thousands of years after the fall of Humankind as we know it the Four Lands is in grave danger. The fate of the world rests on the shoulders of an unlikely trio: an Elvin Princess, a Human Rover & a Half-Elf"

I would describe as a kind of LOTR tv series for anyone who loves their fantasy. It is refreshing to see a fantasy series so well done as this. Very good special effects, a strong pool of acting talent and excellent sets and costumes. I was taken in from episode one and am praying it doesn't get cancelled. If nothing else there are babes in it
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 27-01-2016, 15:47   #2
MetaWraith
Inactive

MetaWraith has a bronzed appealMetaWraith has a bronzed appeal
MetaWraith has a bronzed appealMetaWraith has a bronzed appealMetaWraith has a bronzed appealMetaWraith has a bronzed appealMetaWraith has a bronzed appealMetaWraith has a bronzed appealMetaWraith has a bronzed appeal
Send a message via ICQ to MetaWraith Send a message via AIM to MetaWraith Send a message via MSN to MetaWraith Send a message via Yahoo to MetaWraith
Re: The Shannara Chronicles

If this is based on Terry Brook's novels then there is certainly scope for several series :¬)
MetaWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2016, 18:43   #3
General Maximus
Ran Away

General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetaWraith View Post
If this is based on Terry Brook's novels
it is
Old 27-01-2016, 19:28   #4
techguyone
Deus Vult

Services: VM M350 with Superhub4 (modem mode) > Anytime Chatter > No TV
techguyone has reached the bronze age
techguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze age
Send a message via Yahoo to techguyone

It's pretty good, although things like modern footwear & if it's 1,000's of years since the fall of humankind,the amount of man relics showing are implausible and would have long decayed to dust & things like the car rear seat being used as a couch in someones treehouse would not exist...

That said, it's quite enjoyable.
techguyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2016, 20:19   #5
General Maximus
Ran Away

that is a testament to how good it is then because all your points are perfectly but I didn't even notice them/think about it until you mentioned it because I was so engrossed with the story and what was going on. In contrast, I watched something a couple of weeks ago (can't even remember what it was) and I was annoyed with myself because I was so bored/unengrossed (I know it isn't a word) that I was picking it to bits in my head as I was watching it and noticed so many things that were wrong it was unreal and I have never done that before.
Old 01-02-2016, 21:52   #6
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

This *looks* lovely, and it's nice to have a new fantasy series.

Shame about the quality of the writing and the majority of the cast, though...
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 22:02   #7
General Maximus
Ran Away

I am loving it. It gets better and better with each episode.
Old 01-02-2016, 22:15   #8
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

Oh well. To each his own.

I think that the guy playing Wil is terrible, and the rest of the cast aren't much better apart from John Rhys-Davies and the always-awesome Manu Bennett (who try their best with what they're given).

I admit I love Eretria, though.

Last week's was especially poor, IMO.

Spoiler: 
Stuck-up Princess: No, Guard Captain, stop assaulting Dexter's Dad! I know he tried to rape me and everything, but leave him alone.

---

Dexter's Dad: Hey, Stuck-up Princess, I know I tried to rape you and everything, buy how about you untie me?

Stuck-up Princess: OK, no problem. I'm sure you will redeem your evil rapist ways by fighting that really badly realised demon to save your own skin.
Old 01-02-2016, 22:43   #9
General Maximus
Ran Away

Manu Bennett is awesome. Have you seen Spartacus?
Old 02-02-2016, 00:38   #10
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Of course!

I keep waiting for Allanon to shout "Jupiter's c**k!" at the elves

He was also great as Slade (Deathstroke) in Arrow.
Old 02-02-2016, 21:21   #11
General Maximus
Ran Away

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tezcatlipoca View Post
I keep waiting for Allanon to shout "Jupiter's c**k!"
I loved it when he came out with that, it never got old. I watch Arrow as well. I am glad he is getting more mainstream/primetime rolls and I hope he gets a chance at a big movie. I think he could be the next Denzel Washington.
Old 03-02-2016, 19:43   #12
alferret
cf.mega poster

Services: There is no destination to life, the journey is everything!
alferret has a nice shiny star
alferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny star

Tried it didn't like it.
alferret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 20:44   #13
General Maximus
Ran Away

shame. It might not be the strongest acting performance or storylines you have ever seen but they are definitely good enough to carry it so we can keep watching the babes.
Old 03-03-2016, 20:38   #14
General Maximus
Ran Away

I must say I am a bit sad season 1 is already over and done with. I appreciate there are budget constraints but I would have gladly have seen the 10 eps stretched out over a 22 episode season because there is quite a lot of stuff they got through/did way too quickly. There a couple of little niggles with it but I am not going to say anything because it is so good compared to other series Legends of Tomorrow.
Old 26-08-2017, 18:17   #15
General Maximus
Ran Away

Season 2 returns on 11th October. I have updated the fall tv schedule thread.