Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Netflix/Streaming Services

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Netflix/Streaming Services
Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2014, 18:54   #211
Doug P
Inactive

Services: Virgin Cable TV (Tivo) and Freeview
Doug P has reached the bronze age
Doug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze age
re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Just cancelled Netflix. Simply not me but understand many love it and that is great....

Happy viewing folks.....
Advertisement
Old 05-01-2014, 19:20   #212
toady
cf.geek

Services: A mix of XXL and XL
toady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug P View Post
Just cancelled Netflix. Simply not me but understand many love it and that is great....

Happy viewing folks.....
Its not for everyone, I didn't think it would suit me as we love watching movies, but decided to subscribe and to get rid of Sky Movies and save money in the process even though Sky shows more newer films.
Old 05-01-2014, 20:39   #213
LondonRoad
Inactive

Services: 30mb BB, XL TV, V+, TiVo, talk unlimited.
LondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny star
LondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny star

I'm enjoying what netflix has to offer for now. Particularly enjoying Sons of Anarchy and House of cards. I'll try some of the others when I have time.

I'd definitely keep if they could sort the profiles out on tivo. As things stand my kids can only use it when I'm around which isn't ideal.
Old 05-01-2014, 21:46   #214
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Services: tv phone mobile broadband V6 and tivo.
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star

That is the only problem I have, need to keep a eye on what my 11 year is watching...whereas with the movies on Virgin he can't as I have locked with parent control, maybe Netflix will do this in the future who knows???
Old 05-01-2014, 22:23   #215
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by weenie View Post
That is the only problem I have, need to keep a eye on what my 11 year is watching...whereas with the movies on Virgin he can't as I have locked with parent control, maybe Netflix will do this in the future who knows???

You can do it now on Netflix via the settings on the website
Old 05-01-2014, 22:42   #216
clayts
Inactive

Services: Tivo; XL TV; L Broadband; M Phone
clayts has a spectacular aura about themclayts has a spectacular aura about themclayts has a spectacular aura about themclayts has a spectacular aura about them

Finished Breaking Bad last night, will now watch Season 3 of Nurse Jackie (BBC2 had it up to Season 2 before it disappeared onto Sky Atlantic - http://www.theguardian.com/media/201...o-sky-atlantic) before moving onto either Orange Is..., Hemlock Grove or House of Cards... cannot decide which yet

Old 05-01-2014, 23:01   #217
LondonRoad
Inactive

Services: 30mb BB, XL TV, V+, TiVo, talk unlimited.
LondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny star
LondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post
You can do it now on Netflix via the settings on the website
You can't use profiles on the tivo so what ever setting I apply to my profile applies to the tivo.

Even if the parental settings are set low the images of horror movies are still visible. It's good that the movies can't be viewed but it also means I have to keep changing the settings anytime I want to watch House of cards, etc.

It is a work around but it is a nuisance.
Old 05-01-2014, 23:37   #218
Kabaal
Haggis Hunting

Kabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by clayts View Post
before moving onto either Orange Is..., Hemlock Grove or House of Cards... cannot decide which yet
I'd suggest you watch Orange and House of Cards before Hemlock, in any order as they are both excellent. Hemlock Grove while still good is easily the weakest of their series and is aimed more at a younger audience than the other 2.
Old 06-01-2014, 11:13   #219
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age

Netflix is pretty darn good after reviewing it over the christmas period. May subscribe for a further few months. If we'd got that in the XL package for no extra price i'd be quite tolerant of the further price increase in february. Just a shame its not included!
Old 06-01-2014, 17:50   #220
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabaal View Post
Only being a single dollar cheaper, losing HD and being limited to one device i can't see that one getting much uptake.

Hopefully they start experimenting with higher tiers that offer more than just extra devices. I wouldn't mind paying a little more for DTS audio for example.
You might find they have changed the back end software used to provide the service so they can offer multiple tiers and this one non hd-stream to one device for a dollar less tier is merely a test for that.
Old 06-01-2014, 18:08   #221
passingbat
Inactive

passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

A single user, SD only stream at a lower price might interest people who only watch Netflix while commuting to work etc. on their smart phone or low res tablet.

Netflix may also have in mind bundling it with some mobile phone plans like they do with music services such as Spotify?
Old 07-01-2014, 00:15   #222
johnathome
cf.geek

Services: 125Mb VM BB. Prime, XBMC. Paramount+, Netflix, D+
johnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincerooney View Post
Netflix is pretty darn good after reviewing it over the christmas period. May subscribe for a further few months. If we'd got that in the XL package for no extra price i'd be quite tolerant of the further price increase in february. Just a shame its not included!
Totally agree. I've started watching OITNB and Lillehammer.

I've also watched all 3 seasons of Weeds, i had to get a DNS into my SmartTV so i can watch the rest of it.
Old 08-01-2014, 11:41   #223
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
What sets it apart from the rest for me is 1080p streaming with 5.1 audio. Do Lovefilm do 5.1 audio ?
Old 08-01-2014, 12:18   #224
passingbat
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
. Do Lovefilm do 5.1 audio ?
Not generally. I think I saw something that said they were introducing it on one specific device, though memory is a bit hazy as it was a while ago that I saw it.
Old 08-01-2014, 13:21   #225
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
I agree! There's more decent material on Netflix than all the Sky channels put together (sport excluded of course)!
Closed Thread