Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media Customer Service- Your Personal Experience

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media News Discussion

Virgin Media Customer Service- Your Personal Experience
View Poll Results: My personal experience of Virgin Media customer service has been:
Excellent- I've never had any problems with them 249 18.91%
Generally OK 315 23.92%
Hit 'n' Miss - about 50/50 273 20.73%
Poor- they normally mess it up 239 18.15%
Awful - never had a useful phonecall to them 241 18.30%
Voters: 1317. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-05-2007, 13:08   #76
NTLVictim
Inactive

Services: Finding people (retired)
NTLVictim is just so famous around these partsNTLVictim is just so famous around these partsNTLVictim is just so famous around these partsNTLVictim is just so famous around these partsNTLVictim is just so famous around these partsNTLVictim is just so famous around these partsNTLVictim is just so famous around these partsNTLVictim is just so famous around these partsNTLVictim is just so famous around these partsNTLVictim is just so famous around these partsNTLVictim is just so famous around these partsNTLVictim is just so famous around these partsNTLVictim is just so famous around these partsNTLVictim is just so famous around these partsNTLVictim is just so famous around these parts
Re: Virgin Media Customer Service- Your Personal Experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by devil View Post
I am from technical support and a lot of times I am across the cmr service adviser calling up for our advice on issue they have to handle. It seems they are not thorough with the process and they are employed. Atlest they should be trained properly so that cmr don't have to move between different department. Just to information... Customer Services of NTL is one of the worst in country.

What's a cmr? and what are they (meant) to do?
NTLVictim is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 10-05-2007, 20:26   #77
Morden
Inactive

Services: Cable, Freeview DVD recorder, telephone L, BB L, TV xl, V+
Morden will become famous soon enoughMorden will become famous soon enoughMorden will become famous soon enough

I used to be happy with customer service, when it was Telewest. When Virgin 1st took over it seemed ok as well.

But after my experience tonight, I think I'll have to revise that. They have put calls offshore now for 1st line and I spent most of the time repeating the problem and even explaining what V+ was to the person. I have used other companies who are offshore, but had a better experience than this.

My V+ has lost the series link, but recordings are still able to be viewed through the a-z link. I also had another issue with drop outs and random reboots after a menu freeze when recording.

It took over 5 mins for the CS person to get that I can no longer view by series. After spending about 15-20 mins on a call (which would normally be 5 mins total), they said they would have to refer this to another department and that this would take up to 5 days for them to get back to me.

That is a far worse service than we used to get under Telewest, I found most stuff was resolved by remote access to the box and if this was not possible they would book an engineer there and then.

I used to think Virgin had excellent customer service, but this example certainly spoils that view.
Is it just that the company is too much for them to sort out and this is caused by the merger with NTL or is it to save money by moving customer service offshore and not bother about what the customer thinks ?

Any chance of doing another poll with the option were you happier with customer service before they changed it to offshore ?
Morden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 02:06   #78
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura

Morden this thread is dealing with the onshore/offshore debate. I think it is backing your last point.

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/10...s-onshore.html

Jo
joglynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 11:59   #79
Taf
cf.mega poster

Services: TVXL BBXL Superhub 2ac (wired) 1Tb Tivo
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star

On Demand is "still not available" after 2 days, so called 151, got through after 10 minutes, did the old switch-off-switch-on thing, then was told "Second line faults will call you within 4 working days".

FOUR WORKING DAYS!?
Taf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2007, 13:25   #80
Harry56
Inactive

Harry56 has some notorietyHarry56 has some notorietyHarry56 has some notorietyHarry56 has some notoriety

If any VM customer is expecting a reply from a certain Steve Stewart (so called managing director of so called customer care)then please don't hold your breath. He like the rest of VM CS employees could give a XXXX about their customers as he never responds to customer concerns sent to him. At least NTL took notice of customer concerns if you wrote to them but it seems VM couldn't care less.

H56
Harry56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2007, 15:03   #81
wwe
cf.mega poster

Services: Telewest Phone Telewest BroadBand Telewest Digital Tv v+ HD
wwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpack

great never had a problem with them so nice ppl as well
wwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2007, 22:35   #82
Bex
Inactive

Bex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appeal
Bex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appeal
Send a message via MSN to Bex

Really not a happy bunny, just wasted an hour of my life, being passed round from person to person, until eventually i found someone who could help me.
Basically, was trying to order a film from on demand, initially came up with an error, so thought would leave it and try again later, then on a hunch look under "your rentals" and although i never even entered by pin number, the film appeared twice.
As i said spent an hour on the phone talking to several different people, who kept transferring me to other people, blah blah blah. Not happy with the service at all.

On top of all this I have only have virgin media myself for a month, however when the chap came and set up the broadband, i had to phone customer service twice because i hadn't received my broadband pin number.

not looking to good so far
Bex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2007, 22:39   #83
Rik
cf.mega poster

Services: 1Gbps Broadband
Rik has a very nice sixpackRik has a very nice sixpackRik has a very nice sixpackRik has a very nice sixpackRik has a very nice sixpackRik has a very nice sixpackRik has a very nice sixpackRik has a very nice sixpackRik has a very nice sixpackRik has a very nice sixpackRik has a very nice sixpackRik has a very nice sixpackRik has a very nice sixpackRik has a very nice sixpackRik has a very nice sixpackRik has a very nice sixpack

Never had to ring them as my service is soo good
Rik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2007, 00:59   #84
Harry56
Inactive

Harry56 has some notorietyHarry56 has some notorietyHarry56 has some notorietyHarry56 has some notoriety

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
Never had to ring them as my service is soo good
All I can say is god help you when it all goes wrong (and it will) because VM just won't be interested in helping. You have been warned!!
Old 27-05-2007, 23:47   #85
tonyb66
Inactive

Services: Roofing and gutters cleaned
tonyb66 is an unknown quantity at this point

The offshore cs can be hit and miss but I had already phoned twice about erros on my bill and charges so when I called for the third time I just said I want to speak to someone in England, got put through with no problems (they must be used to it I presume), spoke to UK cs and sorted me out straight away, very polite and understanding, I was very impressed, they actually exceeded my expectations
tonyb66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2007, 07:53   #86
Sidewinder
Inactive

Services: Sky, Sky Talk, Sky Broadband ;) Xbox Live, Playstation Network ;)
Sidewinder is an unknown quantity at this point

im a virgin media employee and to be honest, its appauling at the minute, we have the old NTL freedom with us, and we dont have the accounts on our systems or a transfer number so have to give a number to the customer, we have cable customers transfered to our non cable sales when they want to know about there billing, its a complete utter joke for us to be branded the "number 1 ISP" when we fail at so many things, im sick of the stuff that we have to lie about, its time for virgin to learn a lesson that the customers own the company not the shareholders

---------- Post added at 05:53 ---------- Previous post was at 05:52 ----------

also we claim all of our call centers are based in the UK, we use it as a unique selling point for our company, so this is a new lie to me, and one that should be bought around to the customers of virgin media :@
Sidewinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2007, 17:38   #87
patmoss
Inactive

patmoss is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs down Re: Virgin Media Customer Service- Your Personal Experience

I have written to them twice and even sent an email.
I have had the standard reply on all three occasions. "Sorry we are very busy at the moment and your reply could take a little longer than normal.
This was the same on the letters and email.
Considering that the first letter was written on the 29th March 2007 and I have yet to recieve a reply I think that the customer services department is a figment of someones imagination and no such place exists. They are all trying to attract new customers and dont give a fig for you once you have signed up.
patmoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2007, 17:58   #88
Harry56
Inactive

I've written to to Steve Stewart (MD of so called Customer Care) and he hasn't even had the decency to reply, but there again he may have been sacked for running such a diabolical customer care department. If he hasn't been sacked then he should be, he's useless at his job
Old 03-06-2007, 19:21   #89
HandyMac
Inactive

HandyMac is on a distinguished roadHandyMac is on a distinguished road

Telephone support under VM has been appalling - held on the phone for 45+ minutes without being able to speak with anyone, on several different days and occasions. A definite case of "lights are on but no-one is home".

The people on the ground who do installations etc have done a great job, and due credit to them. It wasn't a perfect service every time, but I was never left for long experiencing a problem before they sorted it.

Under NTL the telephone support could at times be questionable, but generally speaking was reasonable, and I never had significant cause to complain about the technical competence of staff.

Andrew
HandyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 14:53   #90
VMNick
Inactive

Services: Left Sky Digital,BT Phone,OneTel ADSL Broadband for Virgin Media 3 for £30 (ex-NTL)
VMNick is an unknown quantity at this point

Well i belive that th service i got from the call center was okay. Now for my problem! Well ever sinc the new Virgin EPG my STB has been freezing,locking-up,crashing,and needing to reboot. I got fed up so i called them, now this was excellent service. And he sent a engineer round straight away, he claimed i had "low signal." He went outside and boosted it up for me! I thought problem solved. Then the problem still went on, and now i would just have the TV go black. I rang them again and they said there was a area fault, and i was to check tomorow and ring back. Well i got up early in the morning. (could not sleep) went down and thought i would watch a movie. The TV was still freezing,crashing,and locking up!!! I then rang them back and demanded that i had my set top box changed. I was given a apology and told a engineer would be sent round. I arranged for a engineer to come on Saturday 9th.

Well hopefully now as i know what to say, he might change my box. But i have a signal level of 30-40. Isn't this clear that the STB must be changed.

I will wait and see...
VMNick is offline   Reply With Quote