Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media Customer Service- Your Personal Experience

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media News Discussion

Virgin Media Customer Service- Your Personal Experience
View Poll Results: My personal experience of Virgin Media customer service has been:
Excellent- I've never had any problems with them 249 18.91%
Generally OK 315 23.92%
Hit 'n' Miss - about 50/50 273 20.73%
Poor- they normally mess it up 239 18.15%
Awful - never had a useful phonecall to them 241 18.30%
Voters: 1317. You may not vote on this poll

Old 17-11-2008, 23:44   #196
moaningmags
Inactive

Services: 20mb, Tv, Phone
moaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze array
moaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze array
Re: Virgin Media Customer Service- Your Personal Experience

Complaints,
Virgin Media,
PO Box 333,
Matrix Court,
Swansea.
SA7 9ZJ

or the complaints form here:-
https://help2.virginmedia.com/assets...intformCZ.html
moaningmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 18-11-2008, 00:38   #197
quasiment
Inactive

quasiment is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you, though I have sent many letters to that address and not had any useful response, just frustrating call by response after another. I finally got hold of one of the director's email address and got a response from him, at least, so all good. Hopefully I may actually get the money wrongly charged to me back !
quasiment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2008, 13:36   #198
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura

As this thread is about VM customer service I thought that to-days announcement by Satmetrix may be relevant.

Quote:
<snip>has chosen Satmetrix to deploy an operational Net Promoter program to collect and analyse customer comments whilst feeding back to customer care teams in real time.Satmetrix will create a program for Virgin Media that combines its on-demand technology with the Net Promoter discipline.

Using Satmetrix's methodology and tools, Virgin Media will collect and identify key insights from customer feedback and incorporate a closed-loop feedback process where everyone - from the front line to senior management - are empowered to make decisions that enhance the customer experience.

"Virgin Media recognizes the value of customer loyalty across all touch points of their organization," said Richard Owen, president and CEO of Satmetrix. "We are dedicated to helping Virgin Media better understand and respond to their customers' needs to improve the customer experience, and as a result, increase loyalty and growth
http://www.satmetrix.com/satmetrix/n...?page=1&pid=67
Old 20-11-2008, 19:07   #199
surf91
Inactive

surf91 is an unknown quantity at this point

I have recently phoned Virgin Media about their pricing differences between new customers and existing customers, new customers only pay £33 (tv, broadband, phone) and I have same package and pay £45.75. However this staff member from their "Retention Department" kept on telling my self to "hold on a minute" in order to let her explain, she frequently did not want me to finish my sentence so that she can start explaining. Is this really appropriate, she could have, at least have the courtesy of saying please or wait till Im finish rather than interrupting.
I do appreciate it is not her fault about the pricing. However, I feel as though she is treating me like a 10 year kid because she said "im not going to argue over these silly points" with all the words in the english dictionary, she could have chosen more appropriate words. She is basically trying to say that I'm silly. I said I am going to cancel the subscription and she seem to didn't care at all because she said she can do it now and also referred me to the virgin website. Looks like Richard Branson's Virgin ethos of "good customer service" isn't living up to it standards, as staff aren't able to address customers properly. I wasn't being abusive nor nasty, Virgin can always check back on their call records. I suppose this is only a minor problem but I don't appreciate being treated like a kid, is it because of my young voice? Or am I just being to sensitive?
surf91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2008, 21:31   #200
mediamaker
Inactive

mediamaker is on a distinguished roadmediamaker is on a distinguished road

How about providing all new customers with an Indian phrase book so we and the call centre can both talk the same language.
mediamaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2008, 14:28   #201
LemmyP
Inactive

LemmyP is an unknown quantity at this point

I had a problem with the internet. I rung them and it came up that there was a problem in my postcode. I went through to there desk and asked what the proble was. They said it had been sorted and went through a few things on my computer with me, told me to restart my modem etc... nothing worked! Then the guy blamed my computer saying it was a fault with that! Ok fine... I didn't think it was. I took my computer to a few other places and plugged it in and it worked fine!

In the end i waited for 24 hours and then tried it again on my conection at home and it was fine... It was obviously a problem with Virgin and not my computer... Morons!

Also when the system was first installed there was a problem with the TV. Nothing worked!! The TV picture was freezing and jolting and in the end the whole system died. I rung Virgin and was told that they could get an engineer out in 72 hours!! Great...

When he did turn up he found that the person who installed it had messed up and installed it completely wrong and had to rewire the system!!
LemmyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2008, 16:43   #202
mr,m
Inactive

Services: VM XL V+ TV 10MBIT BB VM PHONE
mr,m is just really nicemr,m is just really nicemr,m is just really nicemr,m is just really nicemr,m is just really nicemr,m is just really nice

I just upgraded to V+.My order was taken by some Indian person,makes a change!
The operator virtually forced me to keep my old box,despite me telling her I did'nt want it,as I only have 1 tv what use would it be,but she insisted I had to keep it and pay £5 a month rental on it.
Anyway I was not too pleased at that,when the installer arrived he promptly packed up my old box.I told him I had to keep it,he was as perplexed as I was and he rang on my behalf to clarify the position,I was told I don't have to keep it,so he took it with him.I rang Vm to make sure they knew I hadn't kept the old box,no problem.If the installer hadn't packed up my old box I wouldn't have said anything and would be paying £5 more than I need to! Just wonder how many people have a box they don't want,this whole upgrading to V+ and having to rent the old box needs serious clarification.
mr,m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 22:45   #203
elaine.robinson3
Inactive

elaine.robinson3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry Re: Virgin Media Customer Service- Your Personal Experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris W View Post
This thread is for everyone to note their good/ bad experiences with Virgin Media's customer service department.

Please vote in the poll, and if you have an additional comments please feel free to leave them here!
To be so absolutely honest.............I NEVER EVER EVER had a problem with VIRGIN MEDIA......They are bloody fantastic and so are their customer service skills 120% EVERY TIME.......but having had no option when I moved house and had to accept to go to BEYOND CABLE - arrgghhh don't even get me started.!!!!
They give Virgin a really bad name & image....none of them esp. IT lot know what they are doing, if they don't know they don't CARE & you can hear it in their voice. Sir Richard Branson should be utterly disgusted & appalled at these people.
I am disabled and my computer is very important for me as a way of communicating and getting any work done.
It has now been approx. 4 weeks and I still have no access at my home to the Internet even after I was sent another Router and when I call the IT people they don't know what they are doing and there are no supervisors and when they do have a go at trying fix the problem........"No it must be your computer"......I don't think so.
So finally I find out that there is some kind of an upgrade going on, AND I am still waiting to be re-connected to the internet though...............I am now at the Local Library how disgusting that I should even have to come out in this weather just to get some work done....should I send Beyond Cable a bill for all my precious time that I have now had to spend in the library when I am meant to be paying for a service and no-one gives a toss!!!!!
I'll be going to the Media next I promise maybe that will get the ball rolling. I feel so sorry for Mr Branson having these types of employees.....it really does bring Virgin down an awful lot. I have used them for years and not one complaint, I even fly with them and train it with them as they are just fantastic but after this effort well you can imagine..............Can someone please get this fixed as a few bad slack employees shouldn't ruin it for the rest of you xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
elaine.robinson3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 00:11   #204
hoggie
Inactive

Services: V+.XL tv & Bb
hoggie is just really nicehoggie is just really nicehoggie is just really nicehoggie is just really nicehoggie is just really nicehoggie is just really nice

Well i have just had the best result from VM ever.
we where changing banks and my VM bill didn't get paid.
this dragged on for two months so i lost my net,tv and phone.
after talking to a VM employee, and sending them all the paper work
showing the trouble we were having all my service's where restored.
and was given two months free service as I had informed VM by letter and phone and they still cut me off, so the free two months was an apology from them for jumping the gun a bit and the first person i spoke to, not listening to my problems.

it happens once in a blue moon and after ten years this is the only time i have had trouble.
but it was sorted in the end and im happy with the result.

i missed the last forum photo competition
but all is well now
hoggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 09:24   #205
2OLD2THINK
Inactive

Services: Virgin TV Phone & Broadband
2OLD2THINK is an unknown quantity at this point

I started with Cable & Wireless, being a shareholder gave me access to information that enabled a 1st rate service, then it changed to NTL, things got progressively better for a few years until the offices here burnt down as I was passing on my way into work(was not I, honest).
Then things started to deteriorate on the customer service side, job losses and an inability to get anyone to answer the phone.
Virgin took control and although we were promised a service that would revolutionise the industry things just got worse with failed TV lines, failure on a weekly basis of Internet services as "Upgrading" took place.

Major problems accessing my email account for alterations on "self care" pre June of this year and was told it would be OK in July, still having difficulty after my password was changed by a nice bloke in India to help me.

However.... I must admit that things are getting much better, the phone is answered promptly and when you press the right number button there is no lenghty delay.
Several times over the past few weeks I have had problems that took over 15 minutes to get sorted, but holding my hands up....no need for worry, everything was handled as one would expect. My problems arose due to the Internet line being routed through a set top box that was causing probs so they sent a Modem free for me to install. After reading the instructions I found that I was not able to do it so I phoned again and was sent another Modem this time with an engineer to fit it and test.

Very good service in the way of time stated for arrival was spot on, in fact appologised for being a few mins early, and I must say that having had 4 service personell on my premises over the last year I can honestly say that they upheld the Virgin Customer Service policy. NTL fitters in the early days were akin to rouge traders.

I have now got reason to believe that "Things can only get better" as the song goes. Roll on the day when Virgin get the email side fully integrated so I can have full control.
2OLD2THINK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 12:54   #206
ShadowTD
Inactive

Services: 200Mb & SH2ac
ShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond repute

I called up the moving team last night. I was concerned that I'd be entering in to another 12 month contract as the end of Jan is my annual 'review' of my entertainment. There's precious little chance of me defecting to BT or Sky but it's something I like to do every year. The moving team told me I would be starting a new 12 month contract. I asked about my biggest bugbear of no HD channels and how I'd been fibbed to. She told me in all honesty there was no plans for any additional HD channels but she had a look at my account and said there wasn't any additional discount she could offer me and what did I want to do? I said I'd think about it and be in touch tomorrow. At every point she was courteous and polite and didn't try to BS me (apart from being under the impression the V+ gave 'lots' of HD channels. I corrected her ). I'll be calling up tonight to move my services
ShadowTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2008, 11:56   #207
ShadowTD
Inactive

Services: 200Mb & SH2ac
ShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond repute

Services moved perfectly and no complaints. They had reset my PIN (presumably because it was a new account) but a quick phone call sorted that inside an hour.

They even left my loft/cinema room point active (after a bit of cajoling) so I can move the V+ in there if needs be!
ShadowTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2008, 13:18   #208
sk8er_boi6000
Inactive

sk8er_boi6000 has a spectacular aura about themsk8er_boi6000 has a spectacular aura about themsk8er_boi6000 has a spectacular aura about themsk8er_boi6000 has a spectacular aura about them

Sadly, whilst my services have been excellent, their customer service is not really overly helpful in all honesty.

They won't allow me to put pin protection on all movies all of the time, or even disable On Demand Movies, they won't allow me to block all the calls that I want to on my phone, just quoting some crap about what is available on their exchange.

I have had several bills ran up thanks to that, mainly because of members of my family ordering movies without my permission, and I have no doubt that's the way that Virgin like it. Kinda frustrating really.
sk8er_boi6000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2008, 16:04   #209
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk8er_boi6000 View Post
They won't allow me to put pin protection on all movies all of the time
Go to Settings, then Parental Control Settings, and set Rated Programmes to "Maximum".
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2008, 14:55   #210
smcaul
Inactive

Services: XL BB, Xl TV +Tivo, V+, VHD ,XL Phone, 1Gb Mobile BB, 3 x Virgin Mobiles
smcaul is just really nicesmcaul is just really nicesmcaul is just really nicesmcaul is just really nicesmcaul is just really nicesmcaul is just really nice

Very mixed experiences with Virgin for me. Took out the BB and phone in the early summer as I wanted 20Mb service and was having poor service with my BT phone so moving to Virgin was an ideal solution. First install date gets cancelled without me being informed, being self employed that cost me a days pay! After much wrangling got my days wages repaid in full by Virgin as a "gesture of goodwill", then had problem with BB which took a bit of sorting but the CS agent I had dealing with it was excellent, well above the standard of even a good CS agent. Thanked him by writing to the Customer services MD.

Last week I had a V+ box installed so I can get rid of Sky, sales agent has lied about the price of the package so will be happily taking them to the small claims court if they do not agree to honour the price he stated, tried to argue with a senior manager over this before the install but he only offered for the install to go ahead and I pay £xx or he would cancel install (even though I had paid for it!!) which to me is bullying and breach of contract!!! So will be chasing this up in the next couple of days.

Monday night I lost all On Demand services from the V+, called up CS yesterday at midday (off shore call ctr) and they had an engineer out by 4pm, he found the fault but could not fix it as it was a network team issue, but he called the network team who said they would be out 1st thing this morning, and they were. By 9.30am today all working again and no problems.

So really quite mixed experiences, some very poor service, but equally some very, very good service - all they need to do now is sort out the best practice that obviously exists in the business and roll it out to the rest of the problem areas!

Oh, and one thing that really winds me up is the off shore call ctr's that use twice as many words as are needed in a conversation because they are forever telling you "I am here to help with that" "let me help you with that" and telling you 3 or 4 times what they have already said. Always reminds me of how were taught to write reports, tell them what you are going to say, tell them, tell them what you have said. But the Off shore call ctr take this to the extreme!!!!
smcaul is offline   Reply With Quote