Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media revamps its bundles

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media News Discussion

Virgin Media revamps its bundles

Old 01-04-2012, 10:32   #61
zeozhane
Inactive

Services: BB XXL (50), TV L, Tivo, V+ & Talk Weekends
zeozhane is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Virgin Media revamps its bundles

Well just tried to get the premiere collection but with XXL BB and was told it was £78.40 per month.

Advisor said this was £8 on top of the normal price of the premiere collection when i queried this he sounded so unsure that i dont believe all staff have been trained yet:

Premiere Collection = £45
Line Rental = £13.90
XXL BB premium = £8 (Based on what advisor told me)
Total Price = £66.90 (Not £78.40 as per advisor)

Looks like i need to wait until tomorrow to try and get a UK based virgin media employee who actually knows what these new collections are.
zeozhane is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 01-04-2012, 11:08   #62
ntl.wotcha
Inactive

ntl.wotcha is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by pk1 View Post
I get the feeling that if you have TiVo already you are unable to change.
Let us know what happens.

I have XL TV (1TB Tivo), XL BB(30) & Talkweekend phone for a bundle charge of £46

If I can take the Premier Pack I save a quid and get a V HD box as a bonus. But obviously only if the existing 1TB Tivo is permissible on the deal.
ntl.wotcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 12:00   #63
pk1
cf.addict

Services: Sky Fibre Max Broadband, Sky Telephone, Sky Q 2TB
pk1 is a splendid one to beholdpk1 is a splendid one to beholdpk1 is a splendid one to beholdpk1 is a splendid one to beholdpk1 is a splendid one to beholdpk1 is a splendid one to beholdpk1 is a splendid one to beholdpk1 is a splendid one to beholdpk1 is a splendid one to behold

Called Virgin back myself an this is now what I have.

1Tivo box as before
1 V HD box added
Talk Evening & Weekends as before
60 mb Broadband upgraded from 30

Total = £65.75 saving £7.75 per month.

TV contract is renewed for 12 months.

£49.95 install charge.
pk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 12:07   #64
MacmillaN
cf.addict

Services: TIVO 500GB-V+ HD, TV Size XL +SKYSPORTS/MOVIES VIVID Phone Size M
MacmillaN is an unknown quantity at this point

Just thought i would post what i am currently on in regards to VM launching these new bundles.

Bundle charges
T V Size: X L 1 Additional V Box V+ HD Monthly Fee XXL 50Mb Broadband
Bundle charges total £72.25

Phone line rental
Telephone Line Rental
Phone line rental total £13.90

Premium add-ons
Skymovie 2,SkyMovie 1,Sports 1, Sports 2
Premium add-ons total £29.50

Your package total £115.65

Now i just looked on the Virgin Media site in regards to them launching their new collection bundles and i see them offering a package called the VIP Collection.

Which includes the HD versions of Sky Sports & Movies which i currently do not have and the TIVO box and a VHD Box.

The VIP Collection bundle is £103.90 including line Rental.
Slightly less than i am currently paying and offers more.

Just deciding if i should call them up and speak to them regarding it.
MacmillaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 12:23   #65
cityfan247
cf.addict

Services: Full House 2 V6 Boxes 1 1TB Tivo Freesat Freeview HD Roku Apple TV 3 Firesticks
cityfan247 is a splendid one to beholdcityfan247 is a splendid one to beholdcityfan247 is a splendid one to beholdcityfan247 is a splendid one to beholdcityfan247 is a splendid one to beholdcityfan247 is a splendid one to beholdcityfan247 is a splendid one to beholdcityfan247 is a splendid one to beholdcityfan247 is a splendid one to behold
new 'collection bundles'

As you probably know already VM have launched new bundles called 'collections'.

http://shop.virginmedia.com/bundles.html

I currently have

2 V+ boxes
TV XL
Sky Movies/Sports HD
BB XL (30mb soon to be 60Mb)
Tel XL

am paying £102pm prior to the recent £2pm price hike.

I presume these new 'collections' are replacing the old bundles

i have no complaints about the V+ boxes but VM are phasing these out for Tivo.

60Mb BB would be more than enough for me when i get it ( I think my area gets its update in the next month or so)

if wanted to keep my existing TV/BB/Tel pack but have 2 Tivos either 1 x 1Tb + 1 x £500gb or 2 £500gb tivos what would i be paying?

Have been looking to reduce my virign bill so if i decided to ditch Sky Sports/Moves and premium HD how much would i save?

many thanks

Ian
cityfan247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 12:40   #66
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Post merged with existing thread.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 12:44   #67
cityfan247
cf.addict

Services: Full House 2 V6 Boxes 1 1TB Tivo Freesat Freeview HD Roku Apple TV 3 Firesticks
cityfan247 is a splendid one to beholdcityfan247 is a splendid one to beholdcityfan247 is a splendid one to beholdcityfan247 is a splendid one to beholdcityfan247 is a splendid one to beholdcityfan247 is a splendid one to beholdcityfan247 is a splendid one to beholdcityfan247 is a splendid one to beholdcityfan247 is a splendid one to behold

sorry Hugh - i had looked for a thread on the new bundles but must have missed it!
cityfan247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 12:46   #68
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

No worries...
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 14:20   #69
gaz2810i
Inactive

Services: Panasonic 55VT30, Pioneer VSX-LX53, BDP-LX54, Virgin TiVo 1tb (VIP), Toshiba HD-EX1, VM 50gb BB, PS3
gaz2810i will become famous soon enoughgaz2810i will become famous soon enoughgaz2810i will become famous soon enough

Wow they've taken away the extra HD channels and the 2nd TiVo (500gb) box they initially reported.
gaz2810i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 15:24   #70
RealDiamond
Inactive

Services: Free^60meg No, Free^30meg Yes, TV M, Phone M. Running Kubuntu 12.04+Chromium Browser On Free laptop
RealDiamond is just really niceRealDiamond is just really niceRealDiamond is just really niceRealDiamond is just really niceRealDiamond is just really niceRealDiamond is just really nice

So to avoid the charge £49.45 for any thing new installed.
when I upgrade from 10Mb/s, I have to limit my Broadband to the lower 30Mb/s service.
As my modem NTL 250 can handle 30Mb/s.
Is that correct.
Just want to make sure before I phone. As the web site won't allow it... keeps trying to push 60Mb/s
and don't want super hub...
RealDiamond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 15:27   #71
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealDiamond View Post
So to avoid the charge £49.45 for any thing new installed.
when I upgrade from 10Mb/s, I have to limit my Broadband to the lower 30Mb/s service.
As my modem NTL 250 can handle 30Mb/s.
Is that correct.
Just want to make sure before I phone. As the web site won't allow it...
I believe you will need a Superhub installed for 30Mb upwards.
SnoopZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 16:11   #72
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDFootyMan View Post
Nope, still there.

Oh, I mean, its still there on the page for existing customers:
https://my.virginmedia.com/customer-...part=Portal_E3
Another mistake they should be brought to task about these mistakes it's misleading to customers and happens all to often.
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 16:52   #73
carlwaring
Permanently Banned

Services: XL TV, XL Phone, 30mb BB, 1TB Tivo
carlwaring has reached the bronze age
carlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Another mistake they should be brought to task about these mistakes it's misleading to customers and happens all to often.
Oh, the irony

---------- Post added at 16:52 ---------- Previous post was at 16:51 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaz2810i View Post
Wow they've taken away the extra HD channels and the 2nd TiVo (500gb) box they initially reported.
No. They have corrected an error.
carlwaring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 17:02   #74
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
l am sure there are many mistakes on another website but l don't suppose you would like to mention that.
Old 01-04-2012, 17:42   #75
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
l am sure there are many mistakes on another website but l don't suppose you would like to mention that.
I think if it was just a case of the odd mistake on the VM website, it would be OK. But couple that with the fact that different CS reps give you different prices for the same bundle, and sometimes don't know all the details of the services on offer in the various bundles or are not aware of the latest bundle offers and it tends to smack of incompetance.

I would never change my services without checking on a forum such as this for correct pricing and options for fear of CS not accurately knowing this information. I really shouldn't have to do that.
passingbat is offline   Reply With Quote