Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media revamps its bundles

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media News Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Virgin Media revamps its bundles

Old 31-03-2012, 13:28   #46
djmagnifique
cf.geek

Services: XL tv with 2x V6 boxes, M phone, 350Mb broadband
djmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Virgin Media revamps its bundles

had a call from virgin offering to put me onto the premiere package about an hour ago.

Currently on XL tv with Tivo and Vhd box, M phone and L BB paying £51.40pm (loyalty discount of £10) and was offered the premiere pack for £48.90. Was going ahead with it and arranging a delivery date for the superhub when the call dropped.

They tried to call me again a few minutes ago but I couldn't hear anything at the other end. Maybe they will call back again.
djmagnifique is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 31-03-2012, 16:20   #47
slowcoach
Inactive

Services: VM Phone 152 Meg.
slowcoach has reached the bronze age
slowcoach has reached the bronze ageslowcoach has reached the bronze ageslowcoach has reached the bronze ageslowcoach has reached the bronze ageslowcoach has reached the bronze ageslowcoach has reached the bronze ageslowcoach has reached the bronze ageslowcoach has reached the bronze age

There will be an announcement on Monday regarding STM on ALL broadband tiers.
slowcoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2012, 18:07   #48
zeozhane
Inactive

Services: BB XXL (50), TV L, Tivo, V+ & Talk Weekends
zeozhane is an unknown quantity at this point

Any idea if the will have other collections as i like the Premiere collection but would prefer to keep XXL brodaband (currently have Tivo & V+ with BB XXL, TV L & Talk Weekends for £69.95
zeozhane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2012, 19:04   #49
djmagnifique
cf.geek

djmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeozhane View Post
Any idea if the will have other collections as i like the Premiere collection but would prefer to keep XXL brodaband (currently have Tivo & V+ with BB XXL, TV L & Talk Weekends for £69.95
XXL BB is currently 50mb, are you wanting to stay on this because of the increase to 100mb thats happening in the next few months? Just that XL BB is going to be 60mb and if your current 50mb is enough you could save a few quid.
Old 31-03-2012, 19:11   #50
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

David Tennant signs up for Virgin Media 'Collections' ads

Quote:
David Tennant and Sir Richard Branson are to star in a new Virgin Media advertising campaign highlighting the firm's 'Collections' bundles, featuring superfast broadband and the TiVo service.
Quote:
Launching in April, Collections marks a complete revamp of Virgin Media's consumer bundles of broadband, landline and television. It is intended to better highlight recent upgrades in the cable operator's broadband infrastructure and the growth of TiVo.
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/media/ne...tions-ads.html
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2012, 20:20   #51
zeozhane
Inactive

Services: BB XXL (50), TV L, Tivo, V+ & Talk Weekends
zeozhane is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmagnifique View Post
XXL BB is currently 50mb, are you wanting to stay on this because of the increase to 100mb thats happening in the next few months? Just that XL BB is going to be 60mb and if your current 50mb is enough you could save a few quid.
Yeah i want the 100mb (120mb when available) and am a bit impatient to wait until Monday to find out.
zeozhane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2012, 21:38   #52
djmagnifique
cf.geek

Just seen the 1st advert for collections on ITV1+1. Heres a link to some info http://shop.virginmedia.com/bundles-...buspart=Col_01
Old 31-03-2012, 22:03   #53
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

If i was to change my current package to 1 of the collections would i LOSE the 'phone tickle' i got given a few months ago or can i keep it?
SnoopZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2012, 22:11   #54
HDFootyMan
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media 1TB TiVo, 500Gb TiVo, TV XL, 60Mb Broadband, Phone
HDFootyMan has reached the bronze age
HDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze age

Hmmm. Potential issue with that Collections page, the logo for SSF1 implies that its available in HD for the VIP collection, when it isn't - its SD only isn't it for VM?
HDFootyMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2012, 22:22   #55
pk1
cf.addict

Services: Sky Fibre Max Broadband, Sky Telephone, Sky Q 2TB
pk1 is a splendid one to beholdpk1 is a splendid one to beholdpk1 is a splendid one to beholdpk1 is a splendid one to beholdpk1 is a splendid one to beholdpk1 is a splendid one to beholdpk1 is a splendid one to beholdpk1 is a splendid one to beholdpk1 is a splendid one to behold

Confused by new collections. Will Virgin change my current package which is:

Tivo 1tb (not sure if that makes a difference)
XL TV
XL BB
L Phone with caller display
Current monthly bill £73.50

Or can i choose to change to another collection as the premier collection works out at £61.40, if i have got my sums right?
pk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2012, 22:25   #56
Bofrok
cf.addict

Services: VM TV, Broadband, Phone and Mobile
Bofrok is just really niceBofrok is just really niceBofrok is just really niceBofrok is just really niceBofrok is just really niceBofrok is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmagnifique View Post
Just seen the 1st advert for collections on ITV1+1. Heres a link to some info http://shop.virginmedia.com/bundles-...buspart=Col_01
Think they need to change it, currently says 23 HD Channels instead of 36 for VIP collection. Sky HD channels are referred to but they should state total number to maximise publicity and it also has Sky Sports F1 HD logo.
Bofrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2012, 23:02   #57
Helix
cf.addict

Services: Full House Bundle with Tivo V6
Helix is just really niceHelix is just really niceHelix is just really niceHelix is just really niceHelix is just really niceHelix is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDFootyMan View Post
Hmmm. Potential issue with that Collections page, the logo for SSF1 implies that its available in HD for the VIP collection, when it isn't - its SD only isn't it for VM?
I'm not seeing a HD logo for SSF1. It shows the SD one for me, unless they have fixed it already but that would be surprising considering how long it normally takes them to fix site errors.
Helix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2012, 23:35   #58
Bofrok
cf.addict

Services: VM TV, Broadband, Phone and Mobile
Bofrok is just really niceBofrok is just really niceBofrok is just really niceBofrok is just really niceBofrok is just really niceBofrok is just really nice

Just checked, they've fixed it already. Someone's working late.
Bofrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2012, 23:42   #59
HDFootyMan
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media 1TB TiVo, 500Gb TiVo, TV XL, 60Mb Broadband, Phone
HDFootyMan has reached the bronze age
HDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze age

Nope, still there.

Oh, I mean, its still there on the page for existing customers:
https://my.virginmedia.com/customer-...part=Portal_E3
HDFootyMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 10:32   #60
pk1
cf.addict

Services: Sky Fibre Max Broadband, Sky Telephone, Sky Q 2TB
pk1 is a splendid one to beholdpk1 is a splendid one to beholdpk1 is a splendid one to beholdpk1 is a splendid one to beholdpk1 is a splendid one to beholdpk1 is a splendid one to beholdpk1 is a splendid one to beholdpk1 is a splendid one to beholdpk1 is a splendid one to behold

Awaiting a call back from a manager at Virgin, as when I called they said if I change my current package to Premier collection, they will upgrade my broadband to 100 mb? Told them that is not what is available via existing customers website. Will see what happens when called back.

I get the feeling that if you have TiVo already you are unable to change.
pk1 is offline   Reply With Quote