Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | TiVo performance.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

TiVo performance.

Old 20-02-2012, 21:38   #31
Doz007
cf.geek

Services: VM 200Mb BB, Sky Q Silver 2TB
Doz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation era
Re: TiVo performance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Won't the whole UI speed become irrelevant in the future with more people completing tasks like setting recordings , search and browse , viewing your planner , controlling the STB through remote apps like TIVO buddy app and Sky+ with zeebox granted short term it will be the minority controlling their box in this manner but longer term with an explosion in tablets/smartphones this will increase.
That is a very good point. The TiVo box was like a whole new animal when being controlled from the iPad. Suddenly everything became super quick and navigating the menus became a pleasure rather than a chore.

TiVo & iPad owners will be in for a treat if VM ever manage to get that app launched!
Doz007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 21-02-2012, 21:11   #32
LexDiamond
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD, Sky Unlimited BB and Sky landline
LexDiamond has reached the bronze age
LexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze age

What people have to understand is that using a Tivo is like making love to a beautiful woman. You have to take your time
LexDiamond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2012, 21:15   #33
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexDiamond View Post
What people have to understand is that using a Tivo is like making love to a beautiful woman. You have to take your time
Says he a man of worldly experience.
Old 21-02-2012, 21:32   #34
LexDiamond
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD, Sky Unlimited BB and Sky landline
LexDiamond has reached the bronze age
LexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Says he a man of worldly experience.
People with Tivo know what I'm talking about
LexDiamond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2012, 21:37   #35
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Yes l have experienced the thrill of the Tivo.
Old 22-02-2012, 14:06   #36
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Services: VM XL TV with VM TiVo 1TB x 2 > VM XL BB > VM XL Telephone
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Yes!

I wouldn't give up my TiVo
Digital Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2012, 14:07   #37
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Services: V.I.P 120 tivo and v+
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Fanatic View Post
Yes!

I wouldn't give up my TiVo
would never give up my tivo either DF best box by miles
Dave42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2012, 14:09   #38
stereohaven
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media TiVo, V HD Box, TV XL, Broadband XL, Phone M
stereohaven is a jewel in the roughstereohaven is a jewel in the roughstereohaven is a jewel in the roughstereohaven is a jewel in the roughstereohaven is a jewel in the rough

In the interests of balance...

I can't wait to get rid of mine, biggest pile of over hyped pony I've ever had the misfortune of using...
stereohaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2012, 14:14   #39
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by stereohaven View Post

I can't wait to get rid of mine, biggest pile of over hyped pony I've ever had the misfortune of using...
Why didn't you like it?
Old 22-02-2012, 14:14   #40
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:

Over hyped pony now theres a new one.
Old 22-02-2012, 14:26   #41
stereohaven
Inactive

stereohaven is a jewel in the roughstereohaven is a jewel in the roughstereohaven is a jewel in the roughstereohaven is a jewel in the roughstereohaven is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Fanatic View Post
Why didn't you like it?
I do like it really, as I have said elsewhere, it has potential.

However the Wife hates it (too confusing) and there are a number of improvements they need to make for it to really rock my world such as a dynamic EPG and making VOD slicker and easier to actually watch as there are far too many button presses before you actually get the content.

I am leaving VM as soon as practical though as the package as a whole has been a let down and performance inconsistent. The potential of TiVo is not enough to keep me as a customer I'm afraid.
Old 22-02-2012, 14:30   #42
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Services: V.I.P 120 tivo and v+
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze

Quote:

thats Sky Atlantic that most over hyped pony ever
Dave42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2012, 14:34   #43
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Quote:
I do like it really, as I have said elsewhere, it has potential.

However the Wife hates it (too confusing) and there are a number of improvements they need to make for it to really rock my world such as a dynamic EPG and making VOD slicker and easier to actually watch as there are far too many button presses before you actually get the content.

I am leaving VM as soon as practical though as the package as a whole has been a let down and performance inconsistent. The potential of TiVo is not enough to keep me as a customer I'm afraid.
Good luck, hope it works out for you mate.

---------- Post added at 13:34 ---------- Previous post was at 13:34 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave42 View Post
Agreed
Old 22-02-2012, 14:36   #44
stereohaven
Inactive

Quote:
Isn't it funny how everyone that doesn't have it says that?

I loved Game of Thrones and got to watch all of the Battlestar Galactica series that I missed first time round so I liked it. I haven't missed it while I have been with VM but then I consider myself a "balanced" individual who doesn't tend to get over excited about things like a TV channel when there is more important things in life to worry about.
Old 22-02-2012, 14:37   #45
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Well for once l have to disagree with you and DF.