Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Looking for a TV Emulator for Windows7

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > General IT Discussion

Looking for a TV Emulator for Windows7

Old 19-12-2010, 14:16   #46
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Re: Looking for a TV Emulator for Windows7

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvvee View Post
But i can also watch TV with this device..
If you want to watch TV on your computer, you will need to buy a TV card or USB stick.

The devices listed here are for developing applications using video capture. They generate a known signal in the same way a hardware capture device would. They cannot receive television as your computer will not have the hardware required.

If you want to receive TV on your computer, visit the various channels websites. Most of them carry live streams now.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 19-12-2010, 15:52   #47
LSainsbury

Services: TV: Sky HD, Landline: BT, Mobile: Orange, Internet: Quite Slow!

Quote:
Hello

OK

I set up now a virtual Machine with Windowsvista..

So what does the driver do?

Great! What have you used to do this - what software?
Old 19-12-2010, 16:38   #48
tvvee
Inactive

tvvee is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello

With Virtualbox...

But in the text they say

The driver simulates the front-end components of a PC/TV, including input selection, TvTuning, TvAudio control, and digital video streaming

So i think i can install the driver start my windows media center and then the TV Card driver should be in the List am i right?

And what elst does the Driver simulate?
tvvee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2010, 16:56   #49
LSainsbury

Services: TV: Sky HD, Landline: BT, Mobile: Orange, Internet: Quite Slow!

Quote:

But in the text they say

The driver simulates the front-end components of a PC/TV, including input selection, TvTuning, TvAudio control, and digital video streaming

So i think i can install the driver start my windows media center and then the TV Card driver should be in the List am i right?

And what elst does the Driver simulate?
No idea. Sorry. Why don't you read the specs to find out what it does - how are we suppose to know without looking as well?
Old 19-12-2010, 17:01   #50
tvvee
Inactive

Because i dont have more information..

But front end components are TV Screen i think

Is that right?

Maybe the software emulates a complete TV Screen
Old 19-12-2010, 17:13   #51
Stuart
-

Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

The problem with what you are asking is simple. Unless you have a TV card, your computer does not contain the hardware necessary to recieve and decode broadcast TV.

Now, as I said, most TV channels do have live streams on their sites now, but these often contain copyright protection stopping them being used outside their website. Thus stopping you using them with other software.

There *are* programs around that can break this protection, but discussion of this is banned on the forum.
Old 19-12-2010, 17:38   #52
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

tvvee - are you sure you're not just after a tv card / usb stick that's compatible with ubuntu instead of windows?
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2010, 17:40   #53
tvvee
Inactive

Yes

I just want to watch TV with my virtual Card
Old 19-12-2010, 17:41   #54
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Yes

Would that be virtual TV

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/
Sirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2010, 17:45   #55
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

Quote:
Yes

If all you want to do is watch TV on your ubuntu system why do you need a VIRTUAL as opposed to a physical card?
Old 19-12-2010, 17:47   #56
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

I wonder though where the ubuntu system came into all of this, especially with the original title
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2010, 17:48   #57
tvvee
Inactive

Hello

Because i dont want to buy a card..

I want to safe my money
Old 19-12-2010, 17:51   #58
Stuart
-

Watch the live streams from the channels then.
Old 19-12-2010, 17:52   #59
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

USB TV cards are about £10..
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2010, 17:58   #60
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kymmy View Post
I wonder though where the ubuntu system came into all of this, especially with the original title
He mentions elsewhere he has an ubuntu system

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/35139792-post33.html

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/35139803-post35.html