Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Advice on PC upgrade from Gigabyte system

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > General IT Discussion

Advice on PC upgrade from Gigabyte system

Old 29-04-2012, 18:57   #31
pop80_uk
Inactive

pop80_uk has a brilliant futurepop80_uk has a brilliant futurepop80_uk has a brilliant futurepop80_uk has a brilliant futurepop80_uk has a brilliant futurepop80_uk has a brilliant futurepop80_uk has a brilliant futurepop80_uk has a brilliant futurepop80_uk has a brilliant futurepop80_uk has a brilliant futurepop80_uk has a brilliant futurepop80_uk has a brilliant future
Re: Advice on PC upgrade from Gigabyte system

But that Motherboard can only take 4GB max, I made the expensive mistake of buying 8GB when I bought it, whoops!
pop80_uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 29-04-2012, 19:05   #32
tizmeinnit

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenry View Post
yup MS limit for their own gain although its tech so theres bound to be a work around.

the official stuff of max RAM on W7 64 bit...

Starter: 8GB
Home Basic: 8GB
Home Premium: 16GB
Professional: 192GB
Enterprise: 192GB
Ultimate: 192GB

I do not understand your point on the MS limit for its gain? X86 architecture has been around a long time and the 32bit limitations are not for anyones gain.
Old 29-04-2012, 19:07   #33
thenry
Inactive

thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by tizmeinnit View Post
I do not understand your point on the MS limit for its gain? X86 architecture has been around a long time and the 32bit limitations are not for anyones gain.
upgrade = more money and yes it is gain for MS.
thenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2012, 19:07   #34
pop80_uk
Inactive

pop80_uk has a brilliant futurepop80_uk has a brilliant futurepop80_uk has a brilliant futurepop80_uk has a brilliant futurepop80_uk has a brilliant futurepop80_uk has a brilliant futurepop80_uk has a brilliant futurepop80_uk has a brilliant futurepop80_uk has a brilliant futurepop80_uk has a brilliant futurepop80_uk has a brilliant futurepop80_uk has a brilliant future

Just before I go shopping online, is it worth buying 8GB RAM again or should I just upgrade to the

Giga-Byte GA-G41MT-S2PT
pop80_uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2012, 19:08   #35
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenry View Post
yup MS limit for their own gain although its tech so theres bound to be a work around.

the official stuff of max RAM on W7 64 bit...

Starter: 8GB
Home Basic: 8GB
Home Premium: 16GB
Professional: 192GB
Enterprise: 192GB
Ultimate: 192GB
MS don't limit the memory for a 32bit operating system, whether it is linux or windows it can't address 4GB of RAM on a 32bit system.

They do limit it on on their 64bit versions of windows though but that is unrelated to the fact that 4GB of memory can't all be used on a 32bit OS.
SnoopZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2012, 09:33   #36
DABhand
Inactive

DABhand is a glorious beacon of lightDABhand is a glorious beacon of lightDABhand is a glorious beacon of lightDABhand is a glorious beacon of lightDABhand is a glorious beacon of lightDABhand is a glorious beacon of lightDABhand is a glorious beacon of light

I will also point out thenry that Starter edition does NOT have a 64 bit version only 32bit and is limited to 2GB.
DABhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2012, 12:18   #37
thenry
Inactive

thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star

apologies, i took that from another site
thenry is offline   Reply With Quote