Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Really rubbish connection. India says everything's ok

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Really rubbish connection. India says everything's ok

Old 27-04-2012, 14:13   #61
Chrysalis
cf.mega poster

Services: Gig1, Hub 5
Chrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronze
Chrysalis is cast in bronze
Re: Really rubbish connection. India says everything's ok

VM are in a trap of a false economy and have whats known as failure demand.

In summary the offshore staff have lower per hour costs etc.

However due to customers needing to ring back after a failure to have the problem resolved adds demand to the system so VM's call centre demand is higher as a result of failure, which in turn actually increases costs.

Meanwhile the people who will have decided on the outsourcing likely have to do what masque said with massaging figures etc. to make their original decision seem right.

A economics expert did a lecture on this a few years back.

However looking at VMs recent history VM probably know this but have chosen this path. As they dont have failure demand just for the india reps its also for things like not fixing congestion meaning people will ring back again and again and VM have decided to chew up the costs of manning phones and dishing out compensation instead of cuting back on reasons for people to call.
Chrysalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 27-04-2012, 19:34   #62
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nopanic View Post
You've missed my point.
I did not as the Albert Dock was always going to close even if they shut down India as the costs did not help even though we were better than offshore.

A team of people in the higher echelons of Virgin Media have done a deal for offshore and now realise they are stuck with a turkey so they are using other means to polish the dog dirt, but no matter how much you polish dog dirt it will always be dog dirt.

Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2012, 13:05   #63
Nopanic
Inactive

Nopanic has reached the bronze age
Nopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_ View Post
I did not as the Albert Dock was always going to close even if they shut down India as the costs did not help even though we were better than offshore.
[/IMG]

No, my point wasn't about India vs the Dock.

You are saying VM are changing the figures to make India look better, but why? if VM cared about public opinion surely they wouldn't have closed a site with as much bad press as the Dock caused.

The results of NPS aren't known by the "general" public, so something like this vs the closing of a site costing jobs .. I think you put too much into the NPS results.
Nopanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2012, 13:07   #64
Chrysalis
cf.mega poster

Services: Gig1, Hub 5
Chrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronze
Chrysalis is cast in bronze

Quote:

You are saying VM are changing the figures to make India look better, but why? if VM cared about public opinion surely they wouldn't have closed a site with as much bad press as the Dock caused.

The results of NPS aren't known by the "general" public, so something like this vs the closing of a site costing jobs .. I think you put too much into the NPS results.
no it would be for the CEO so he things the guy who came up with the offshore brainwave has done a good job. possibly also helps justify it to shareholders.
Chrysalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2012, 16:18   #65
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star

Quote:

I'm tempted to think you're hinting that VM don't care about public opinion - that's how the sentence reads semantically.

Of course the bad press you're referring to is the emotional press about job losses in Liverpool. That's different from the argument that's developed here.

VM internally know what public opinion is about offshore call centres in general; their Head of Customer Experience, Alex Brown, is a VM Forum member and sometimes comes in on something relatively unimportant but NEVER tackles this sort of question (I can see why he'd want to avoid getting embroiled).

But that just reinforces my opinion that VM don't give a hoot as to customer service and what we think about it.

My advice is at your risk.
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2012, 17:22   #66
Mick Fisher
Inactive

Services: Sky Unlimited FibrePro Sky Talk Sky+HD
Mick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze array
Mick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
I'm tempted to think you're hinting that VM don't care about public opinion - that's how the sentence reads semantically.

Of course the bad press you're referring to is the emotional press about job losses in Liverpool. That's different from the argument that's developed here.

VM internally know what public opinion is about offshore call centres in general; their Head of Customer Experience, Alex Brown, is a VM Forum member and sometimes comes in on something relatively unimportant but NEVER tackles this sort of question (I can see why he'd want to avoid getting embroiled).

But that just reinforces my opinion that VM don't give a hoot as to customer service and what we think about it.
Quite right and obvious for anyone who remained a subscriber for a reasonable period of time.
Mick Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2012, 17:36   #67
Nopanic
Inactive

Nopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysalis View Post
no it would be for the CEO so he things the guy who came up with the offshore brainwave has done a good job. possibly also helps justify it to shareholders.

But that would suggest a whole department are being told to change things? Surely that would get out ?

Quote:

I'm giving my opinion here remember and it's not emotional it's customer experience, economical, etc. The jobs where UK based and removing them but keeping off shore happened regardless of public opinion. Suggesting to me budget before experience .. Although I don't have any figures or insider knowledge.

I don't believe any stats are being changed and I know VM are very much interested in customer opinion. I remember the hoops I had to jump through when I worked with customers. Although a long time ago.
Old 28-04-2012, 17:47   #68
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

Quote:
All to true. Sadly though, very few people are going to leave VM out of principle and maybe pay more on another provider. At the end of the day though we always say money talks and because of the bundles VM offer they know/think nobody is going to leave them £££ is more important to them so they think it gives them a license to get away with crap.

I am hoping that now BT is catching up, and hopefully soon overtake them, they'll be forced to focus on customer service and not just price if they want to set themselves apart.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2012, 21:26   #69
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!

Quote:

They know how much customers hater Indian call centres and considering the amount of money invested over there they have to show reasons for keeping them to the shareholders so excellent NPS is one way of doing that even if the figures are unreal and only exist in someones imagination.

Now you can continue to believe that the sun shines down on the Indian call centres and that every NPS received for them is a perfect 10 hence the high scores.

I remember a year or so back an Indian agent allegedly scored 70 perfect NPS so the company as a prize brought him to the UK to tour the call centres, part of his visit was to sit with agents and take calls to show off his skills, guess what he did not have a clue and that quickly spread around the centre.

One agent even fed back on him to his manager but you must know that none of the feedback generated against offshore agents ever leaves our shores so the agent blissfully carries on giving the same rubbish service to the customers.

When you really think about you come to realise that all Virgin Media are interested in is its image and not its customers, so you will all continue to receive the same level of support and customer service from an offshore agent that you all expect which is to say the least dismal and that the company will continue to turn a blind eye to any complaints just like the three wise monkeys.

I will stay a customer due to the fact I will get less than 1.5Mb with an ADSL line and I hate BT so the is no alternative even if Ifinity arrived here.
Old 29-04-2012, 08:25   #70
Nopanic
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_ View Post
They know how much customers hater Indian call centres and considering the amount of money invested over there they have to show reasons for keeping them to the shareholders so excellent NPS is one way of doing that even if the figures are unreal and only exist in someones imagination.

Now you can continue to believe that the sun shines down on the Indian call centres and that every NPS received for them is a perfect 10 hence the high scores.

I remember a year or so back an Indian agent allegedly scored 70 perfect NPS so the company as a prize brought him to the UK to tour the call centres, part of his visit was to sit with agents and take calls to show off his skills, guess what he did not have a clue and that quickly spread around the centre.

One agent even fed back on him to his manager but you must know that none of the feedback generated against offshore agents ever leaves our shores so the agent blissfully carries on giving the same rubbish service to the customers.

When you really think about you come to realise that all Virgin Media are interested in is its image and not its customers, so you will all continue to receive the same level of support and customer service from an offshore agent that you all expect which is to say the least dismal and that the company will continue to turn a blind eye to any complaints just like the three wise monkeys.

I will stay a customer due to the fact I will get less than 1.5Mb with an ADSL line and I hate BT so the is no alternative even if Ifinity arrived here.
Indian are awesome, I personally think they should replace all UK centres with Indian centres.

Maybe you'll use your awesome ability to ignore a post and reply with comments that have no relevance to the point being made and I'll finally get through, saying the opposite to what I have been.
Old 29-04-2012, 09:18   #71
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Indian are awesome, I personally think they should replace all UK centres with Indian centres.

Maybe you'll use your awesome ability to ignore a post and reply with comments that have no relevance to the point being made and I'll finally get through, saying the opposite to what I have been.
The point being made is that India are shocking and beyond contempt but Virgin Media just do the 3 wise monkeys impression and continue to argue the point that that are brilliant, if they are so good they should put their money where their mouth is and move every call centre offshore, then the dog dirt would really hit the fan.

You may think otherwise and you are one of the few even amongst Virgin media employees who believe that figures cannot be massaged to make dog droppings appear to be the best chocolate to come out of Switzerland, but a single taste tells you it is dog droppings.

Until the company holds up it hands and admits to India being a failure customers will have a very hard job trusting an Indian agent, many people just hang up when they hear an Indian voice which adds to the offshore call times being low and could well account for many NPS going to them in error.
Old 29-04-2012, 11:47   #72
Nopanic
Inactive

Old 29-04-2012, 15:14   #73
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze

Gigidy.
qasdfdsaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2012, 17:45   #74
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

this is turning into one of those carlwaring threads. Can we just agree that India are pants, everyone hates them and leave it at that.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2012, 17:47   #75
jempalmer

Services: 500gb Tivo & V+. TV XL, 60MB BB, M Phone.

Sounds like a master plan to me