Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | No phone line available?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Fixed Phone Service

Got the Virgimedia Phone tickle?

Old 03-11-2011, 00:35   #1
Matth
Inactive

Services: BB:M, TV:XL, Phone:M, Loyalty
Matth has reached the bronze age
Matth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze age
Got the Virgimedia Phone tickle?

Great! a tickle on the service I care least for.

Seriously though, are the extras "£6 worth":
1. Permanent until they decide to un-tickle
2. For a certain period, then ending
3. For a certain period, then charged unless cancelled? - in which case, I'd rather not bother!
Matth is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 03-11-2011, 09:29   #2
BenJSmyth
Inactive

Services: Sky TV in the living room, Freeview in the bedroom. Plusnet Unlimited Fibre
BenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Got the Virgimedia Phone tickle?

What exactly did you get with your tickle?
BenJSmyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 09:37   #3
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

They will remain on the account for as long as you are a landline subscriber
Old 03-11-2011, 10:20   #4
bornsurvivorxx
Inactive

bornsurvivorxx is an unknown quantity at this point
How were you tickled? Is it a phone call, letter or do you need to log in to my virgin?
bornsurvivorxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 18:54   #5
Matth
Inactive

Matth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze age

Email, title "Have a bunch of home phone add-ons on us",

£6 worth of home phone addons - cheaper international rates, calls to mobiles and free calls to 0845/0870

So I guess that's Talk International, Talk Mobile and Talk 08.

Already checked the tickle FAQ "can you swap?"
http://tickle.virginmedia.com/faqs/

Looks likew you are notified by email, or post if you don't allow email.

http://tickle.virginmedia.com/ - Or you can check your tickles (NB. they do expire)
H'mm, wonder if I could get a seperate tickle on mobile, or was that the topup & get 25 free mins
Old 03-11-2011, 20:27   #6
BenJSmyth
Inactive

Services: Sky TV in the living room, Freeview in the bedroom. Plusnet Unlimited Fibre
BenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of light

Where is it you set your communications preferences, ie receiving marketing emails. I can't even remember what mine is set to or even if I can change it!
BenJSmyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 22:23   #7
Matth
Inactive

One other thing worrying, does accepting the tickle mess up a loyalty deal?
Old 04-11-2011, 07:51   #8
Kingofthedead4
Inactive

Services: XXL customer with movies and sport +HD And now TiVo.
Kingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of society

I haven't been tickled, that's it I am handing in my notice and leaving. How dare they not tickle me. I have been tickled by the best of them. I think its prejudice. I will write a stern letter to Richard Branson...........what.........oh.......it has not finished yet.............(wonders off whistling)
Kingofthedead4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 10:30   #9
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matth View Post
One other thing worrying, does accepting the tickle mess up a loyalty deal?
I would hope they wouldn't send it to a customer that isn't eligible for it
Old 06-11-2011, 11:26   #10
slowcoach
Inactive

Services: VM Phone 152 Meg.
slowcoach has reached the bronze age
slowcoach has reached the bronze ageslowcoach has reached the bronze ageslowcoach has reached the bronze ageslowcoach has reached the bronze ageslowcoach has reached the bronze ageslowcoach has reached the bronze ageslowcoach has reached the bronze ageslowcoach has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matth View Post
Email, title "Have a bunch of home phone add-ons on us",

£6 worth of home phone addons - cheaper international rates, calls to mobiles and free calls to 0845/0870

So I guess that's Talk International, Talk Mobile and Talk 08.
I got the same, guess it's the booby prize/tickle.........
slowcoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2011, 16:10   #11
Mad Bee
cf.addict

Services: VIP 50, Tivo and V+
Mad Bee will become famous soon enoughMad Bee will become famous soon enoughMad Bee will become famous soon enough

I've just got the tickle E-mail for Talk 08.
Mad Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2011, 08:14   #12
DaMac
Inactive

Services: VM 200mb Gamer BB, 1m Motorised Satellite, Netflix 4K, Amazon Prime 4K, VM M TV, Freesat HD.
DaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant future

Got mine through the post, says the tickle is free to me, just have to opt in which i have.
DaMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2011, 10:21   #13
Martyn
Inactive

Services: Sky TV 2TB HD - Fiber Pro
Martyn is an unknown quantity at this point

hopefully i get the talk 08 as its the only time we use the house phone..
Martyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2011, 10:22   #14
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Bee View Post
Yes l got mine a couple of weeks ago.
Old 19-11-2011, 10:55   #15
Topgun
1 of a 1000!

Services: Ultimate Oomph.
Topgun is a name known to allTopgun is a name known to allTopgun is a name known to allTopgun is a name known to allTopgun is a name known to allTopgun is a name known to allTopgun is a name known to allTopgun is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Bee View Post
I never seem to receive emails from VM but occasionally get contacted through the post. As far as I am aware I haven't said at any time that I am unwilling to be contacted by email. I have been into "My Account" but can't seem to see anywhere to do with contact preferences. Could someone point me in the right direction? After all, I don't want to miss out on the possibility of a free tickle, especially at my age!
Topgun is offline   Reply With Quote