Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Can't wire Internet in my room

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Installation Issues

Can't wire Internet in my room

Old 30-06-2011, 16:59   #16
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
Re: Can't wire Internet in my room

Well its more of where he wants the superhub. If he does not mind it being downstairs then the above answer is a simple solution.

Regardless of where he wants it your looking at roughly a similar price for a coax option or an ethernet option. Both are relatively cheap and simple.
Old 30-06-2011, 17:11   #17
Dai
Inactive

Services: 50Mb, TV & Phone
Dai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronze
Dai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronze
Send a message via MSN to Dai

Agreed, but isn't it frowned upon for users to extend the coax side? I thought that could affect power levels and suchlike.
Dai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2011, 17:20   #18
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaiNasty View Post
Agreed, but isn't it frowned upon for users to extend the coax side? I thought that could affect power levels and suchlike.
It can do and in Marginal signal situations can effect the service.. If for short distances (less than 10m) it's normally fine but the attenuation can be problematic on longer runs
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2011, 23:35   #19
scotmac
Inactive

Services: XL Tv 2 x V6 1 TB TiVo 200 Broadband XL phone
scotmac is a glorious beacon of lightscotmac is a glorious beacon of lightscotmac is a glorious beacon of lightscotmac is a glorious beacon of lightscotmac is a glorious beacon of lightscotmac is a glorious beacon of lightscotmac is a glorious beacon of light

I have a 3 story house , when I got cable installed (a few year ago ie. cabletel ) they ran cable into lounge for main box also up the building into top front bedroom then up the room wall into loft ,across loft and into top rear bedroom without any complaints. Perhaps this was when tradesmen took pride in their work not like today.
scotmac is offline   Reply With Quote