Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | PS3 Firmware Updates

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Gaming Discussion > Sony Games Systems

ps3 internet connection?

Old 13-12-2009, 21:18   #1
aaron-b38
Inactive

aaron-b38 is an unknown quantity at this point
ps3 internet connection?

could you please tell me how i would connect my ps3to my wired virgin media modem or pc, if i use an ethernet cable to connect my pc to the virgin media modem, and my pc doesnt have another ethernet port which i can connect my ps3 to??
i need urgent help and thought you'd be good help.. Thanks..
aaron-b38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 13-12-2009, 21:23   #2
Halcyon
Hello !

Services: Sky, AppleTV, Netflix
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars
Re: ps3 internet connection??

Hello and to the forums.

What you will need is a router.
This lets you connect several items such as PS3, computer, and laptop all to the Internet at once and also allow you to share files accross your networked devices.

There are plenty of routers available and it depends whether you want to get a wired router or a wireless router.

The router connects to your broadband modem so it is important to buy a cable router and not an ADSL router.
Your devices then plug into the router.

Setting up a router is easy. you turn everything off. Plug it all in and then turn on the modem, wait a minute, turn on the router, and then turn on your devices.

More info on setting it up on your PS3 can be found here:

http://fp.scea.com/csimg/global/PS3_CBLrouter_1_0.pdf

Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2009, 21:50   #3
aaron-b38
Inactive

aaron-b38 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: ps3 internet connection?

wouldnt it be possible to get a router which is both wired and wireless so i could have my ps3 wireless and my pc wired at the same time??

---------- Post added at 20:50 ---------- Previous post was at 20:44 ----------

wouldnt it be possible to get a router which is both wired and wireless so i could have my ps3 wireless and my pc wired at the same time??
aaron-b38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2009, 23:44   #4
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Re: ps3 internet connection?

Yep, not a problem.

Any wireless router will also have ethernet ports on it, so you could use the PS3 wirelessly & your PC wired.

I've not had cable for a few years, but I remember that the Linksys WRT54G used to be a popular choice around here. You may find more recommendations searching in the Networking forum.
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote