Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | PS3 Firmware Updates

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Gaming Discussion > Sony Games Systems

PS3 Firmware Updates

Old 17-11-2009, 10:35   #1
Ravenheart
Inactive

Ravenheart has a bronzed appealRavenheart has a bronzed appeal
Ravenheart has a bronzed appealRavenheart has a bronzed appealRavenheart has a bronzed appeal
Firmware 3.10

Sony have now confirmed that Facebook integration is coming to the PS3 with the next firmware update.

As well as being able to link your trophies, and game download info to your Facebook account there will also be changes to the photo category and your friend list options (ability to change the colour! it will also remove the grey box from around your friends if they're not the currently selected one) So the update is largely minor tweaks.

More info at C&VG
Ravenheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 17-11-2009, 12:13   #2
die5el
Inactive

die5el is just really nicedie5el is just really nicedie5el is just really nicedie5el is just really nicedie5el is just really nicedie5el is just really nice
Re: Firmware 3.10

Another pointless firmware update then who needs facebook on a gaming console ffs. Sony likes filling the hard drive with useless junk i use my ps3 for gaming and watching films if i need to chat to any of my friends i use my phone or use skype hopefully we will be able to delete facebook after the firmware update i dont use facebook twitter or any social network sites on my pc so why the hell should i have it shoved down my throat on my gaming console
die5el is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2009, 12:32   #3
pabscars
Inactive

Services: TiVo, 75 Smeg Broadband
pabscars has reached the bronze age
pabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by die5el View Post
Another pointless firmware update then who needs facebook on a gaming console ffs. Sony likes filling the hard drive with useless junk i use my ps3 for gaming and watching films if i need to chat to any of my friends i use my phone or use skype hopefully we will be able to delete facebook after the firmware update i dont use facebook twitter or any social network sites on my pc so why the hell should i have it shoved down my throat on my gaming console
Probably just to keep up with Microsoft's update due today I believe.
pabscars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2009, 12:58   #4
Graham M
-

Services: FreeSat+ Tivo V-Box VM 60MBit
Graham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny stars
Graham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny stars
Send a message via MSN to Graham M Send a message via Yahoo to Graham M

LoL Facebook anger issues there I think, it's an additional feature, who cares if you use it or not
Graham M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2009, 13:24   #5
icestar2
Inactive

Services: Phone, HDTV, 30MB BB, Tivo
icestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appeal
icestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by die5el View Post
I dont use any of those website's either but I dont begrudge it being brought to the PS3 so other's can enjoy it. PS3 was never just a games console and I knew that when buying it. If fact it was one of the big factor's in my decision to buy it.

As pabscars says its also a move to keep up with M$ who are launching facebook and twitter intigration today.

I wouldn't call this a pointless update at all. YOU CAN CHANGE THE COLOUR OF THE FRIENDS LIST ! How can that not be a great thing lol. Finally get rid of that horrible grey
icestar2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2009, 21:50   #6
RealDiamond
Inactive

Services: Free^60meg No, Free^30meg Yes, TV M, Phone M. Running Kubuntu 12.04+Chromium Browser On Free laptop
RealDiamond is just really niceRealDiamond is just really niceRealDiamond is just really niceRealDiamond is just really niceRealDiamond is just really niceRealDiamond is just really nice

Its all swings and roundabouts. We can use face book Allready as has been pointed out for ages due to Built in Highly security but low powered for that reason Browser. hope fully the Tweaking of the browser for face book will help other sites as well.
Most People wont care about this after Wednesday, this was token announcement for the world. The UK, Spain, Germany and france will finaly get the Sony press release we Actualy want to hear.
The REAL 4 EU Movie Stores Release date will be ?? of November.
RealDiamond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2009, 21:59   #7
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

This is actual integration of FB though, more than just accessing it via the PS3 browser.

Something I think the 360's FB/Twitter update is lacking is actual integration... all it lets you do is stuff such as check & post status updates etc. What I'd like it to do is give the option of automatically updating FB/Twitter with what game you're playing, latest Achievement (Trophy) etc.
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2009, 12:16   #8
Ravenheart
Inactive

Ravenheart has a bronzed appealRavenheart has a bronzed appealRavenheart has a bronzed appeal

Seems we'll get rid of those grey boxes on our friends lists, and improved photo app (ohh and that facebook integration) later today

http://kotaku.com/5407263/facebook-c...-the-ps3-today

http://www.computerandvideogames.com...VG-General-RSS
Old 30-11-2009, 18:25   #9
ThunderPants73
cf.mega poster

Services: BB & PHONE
ThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond repute

All I want is to customize my folders on the PS3, think it will ever happen? I long for this day.......
ThunderPants73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 10:49   #10
Ravenheart
Inactive

PS3 Firmware Updates

Rather than create a new thread for each firmware update I thought I'd start one that we could update and as and when required.
Old 10-12-2009, 10:54   #11
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Re: PS3 Firmware Updates

Threads merged on request
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 11:01   #12
Ravenheart
Inactive

Re: PS3 Firmware Updates

Thanks Kymmy

---------- Post added at 10:01 ---------- Previous post was at 09:55 ----------

Firmware 3.15

The 3.15 firmware is now available (optional) and has a few new features

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/20......e-update-3-15/

Some features include fixing the sync issue with controllers, Ps3 Data transfer, and the ability to play PSP mini games on the pS3

Having installed the update this morning it has cured the sync problem with my controller, not explored the rest of it yet.