Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Indesit Washing Machine Door Seal

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Indesit Washing Machine Door Seal

Old 07-08-2007, 22:03   #1
wilcoxm
Inactive

wilcoxm is just really nicewilcoxm is just really nicewilcoxm is just really nicewilcoxm is just really nicewilcoxm is just really nicewilcoxm is just really nice
Indesit Washing Machine Door Seal

Guys,

My neighbour had a leaky door seal with her indesit machine. She has taken the old door seal off and got a replacememt, but she, her fellla and I cannot figure out how to fit the new one. We been trying for 5 hours in total today.

I have searched via google for help but got nowhere.

Anybody here had any experience with this, and got any tips to assist.

Thanks In Advance.
wilcoxm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 07-08-2007, 23:09   #2
Pia
Inactive

Services: XL Phone XL BB V+ XL TV
Pia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny stars
Pia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny stars
Send a message via MSN to Pia
Re: Indesit Washing Machine Door Seal

How about this:
Quote:
With the power off, remove lid. The retaining wire around the front lip must be released, then the clamp band around the drum end slackened. THEN, the door seal can pulled out through the door opening. Refitting requires patience - fit drum side and clamp band first.
http://www.ukwhitegoods.co.uk/module...ewtopic&t=5066

I had a search through a few threads on the ukwhitegoods forum (a brill forum btw) and i reckon you've got a bit of a task on there But apparently it's possible
Pia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 23:13   #3
slug
Inactive

Services: Virgin BB 10Mb M/Phone XL/TV M, Sky+HD
slug has a brilliant futureslug has a brilliant futureslug has a brilliant futureslug has a brilliant futureslug has a brilliant futureslug has a brilliant futureslug has a brilliant futureslug has a brilliant futureslug has a brilliant futureslug has a brilliant futureslug has a brilliant futureslug has a brilliant future

I gave up after an hour. Got someone in cost £60, he did it in 30 seconds, how I don't know.
slug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 23:14   #4
Pia
Inactive

Services: XL Phone XL BB V+ XL TV
Pia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny stars
Pia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny stars
Send a message via MSN to Pia

£60 for half a minutes work? I bet that guy loved you
Pia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 00:25   #5
handyman
Permanently Banned

Services: M6 Keele
handyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny star
handyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny star
Send a message via MSN to handyman

£60, You have been done. Reckon the going rate must be £25-30. I've fitted 1000's in the past... £60 is steap supplied and fitted. You could have had a new indesit washer for £150.

I think you need to post the name of the company that fitted it so that other members of the forum don't use them.

{edit} I see the op might not have got it sorted If you want to pm me I'll explain how to do it.
handyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 20:36   #6
slowcoach
Inactive

Services: VM Phone 152 Meg.
slowcoach has reached the bronze age
slowcoach has reached the bronze ageslowcoach has reached the bronze ageslowcoach has reached the bronze ageslowcoach has reached the bronze ageslowcoach has reached the bronze ageslowcoach has reached the bronze ageslowcoach has reached the bronze ageslowcoach has reached the bronze age

This post brought back bad memories.

One Indesit is one too many.
slowcoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2007, 07:04   #7
Mick Fisher
Inactive

Services: Sky Unlimited FibrePro Sky Talk Sky+HD
Mick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze array
Mick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze array

Fitting door seals is a acquired art you can only learn from doing it.

Sometimes a little lubricant might help but you should use the proper formulated "rubber grease" stuff. Washing up liquid can seriously shorten the life of a seal.

Sometimes the right sized socket on a very long or maybe a couple of extensions might be necessary to get past a front fitted concrete or metal counterbalance weight in order to loosen the boot's retaining clamp. You usually access this from the top by removing the lid. Of couse you get the odd machine where some fool, in initial assembly, has arranged for the clamp to be in such a position that the drum has to be removed to make it accessable.

Skinned knuckles, tired fingers and aching knees are par for the course but once used to, it's regarded (in most cases) as a bread and butter job.
Mick Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2007, 20:22   #8
handyman
Permanently Banned

Services: M6 Keele
handyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny star
handyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny star
Send a message via MSN to handyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick Fisher View Post
Washing up liquid can seriously shorten the life of a seal.
Ignore this post, you should not use washing up liquid on the seal with the exception of hotpoint 95 series clamps on the front part of the seal.

It does not cause any concerns with regards longevity.
handyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 14:25   #9
mcpauline
Inactive

mcpauline is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Indesit Washing Machine Door Seal

Hi
I read your notes on the washer door seal hoping to learn how to attach it but was so down hearted no-one really answered the question so I called the repair man. Going back to the problem I had one last idea and wedged a piece of wood to hold the spring in place whilst I pulled the spring round. Hey presto it worked now I have to cancel the engineer before he comes out. One up for the ladies.
mcpauline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2009, 14:55   #10
neophyte
Inactive

neophyte is an unknown quantity at this point
Washing Machine Door Seal Replacement

goto http://www.ukwhitegoods.co.uk/module...owpage&pid=217

which is about as detailed as you could hope for.
neophyte is offline   Reply With Quote