Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Suck!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media News Discussion

Virgin Suck!

Old 11-04-2008, 11:46   #16
nutellajunkie
Inactive

nutellajunkie will become famous soon enoughnutellajunkie will become famous soon enoughnutellajunkie will become famous soon enough
Re: Virgin Suck!

Come to mention it, my microwave seems to be losing power these days.. can I blame Virgin on this ?

I tried unplugging it for 20 seconds, but it just went beep when I plugged it back in.
nutellajunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 11-04-2008, 23:16   #17
Nilrem
Inactive

Nilrem is on a distinguished roadNilrem is on a distinguished road

Was it a single short beep, or multiple longer ones?
It's normal for it to beep once when powered up, but if it's a Beeeeep Beeeeep Beeeeep sort of beep your magnetron is dead and you need a new microwave

Ryan, don't take Speedtest for anything other than a very rough guide (and even then run the tests off several of their servers - some appear to be running of 56k modems:p).
I ran a series of tests on multiple servers, run by multiple companies, Speedtest.net reported me as having something like 4mb, other sites reported between 13 and 18mb, all within a 15 minute period (with the 18mb coming straight after the speedtest.net report of 4mb or whatever it was).
Nilrem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 23:57   #18
system11
Inactive

system11 is an unknown quantity at this point

I've noticed the latency on my gaming has increased bit by bit over the past few years, and it's getting more 'bursty'. Lots of lag spikes. VM don't appear to care because I can still download a large file quickly.

Of course it's broken tonight, local router in Cambridge has decided not to route some IPs anymore. Getting rather tired of running in support circles when it's absolutely obvious as to what the problem is.. That's their biggest problem of all. I even got what sounded like an Indian call center on the 25p/min call earlier. When I pay 25p for support on a service I'm already paying top rate for, I damn well expect someone at the end of the phone who knows what they're talking about.
system11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2008, 21:50   #19
jkcoy
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media VIP package
jkcoy is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by system11 View Post
I've noticed the latency on my gaming has increased bit by bit over the past few years, and it's getting more 'bursty'. Lots of lag spikes. VM don't appear to care because I can still download a large file quickly.

Of course it's broken tonight, local router in Cambridge has decided not to route some IPs anymore. Getting rather tired of running in support circles when it's absolutely obvious as to what the problem is.. That's their biggest problem of all. I even got what sounded like an Indian call center on the 25p/min call earlier. When I pay 25p for support on a service I'm already paying top rate for, I damn well expect someone at the end of the phone who knows what they're talking about.
I absolutely couldn't agree more. I got an Indian call centre on the 0906 number not so long back, and when I asked to speak to a supervisor or manager, I got told that there was no-one more senior on duty. How the hell are serious issues supposed to be resolved when you are hitting a 25p a minute brick wall at 100mph?!?

Kev
jkcoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2008, 12:50   #20
Magilla
Inactive

Magilla is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellargh View Post
Lol I love that on calls 'oh since you've gone to virgin...'

Nothing has changed (apart from issues with sky). The same people work here, same systems, same problems...

Just because you have the fault now doesn't mean its due to a simple change of name.
So you can explain why the service has gone from absolutely excellent and super reliable... to.... what we have now?

---------- Post added at 11:50 ---------- Previous post was at 11:46 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tod View Post
Ever since Virgin took over ntl & Telewest, expectations have got higher.
Mine haven't, they remain as they were when telewest ran the show and the service worked as expected.

In the years prior to VM's creation I'd never had to ring about support of lack of service at all, since VM it's almost on a monthly basis the service has deteriorated so much.

Since VM my expectations are that I'll probably have to change suppliers soon.
Magilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2008, 21:14   #21
Morden
Inactive

Services: Cable, Freeview DVD recorder, telephone L, BB L, TV xl, V+
Morden will become famous soon enoughMorden will become famous soon enoughMorden will become famous soon enough

Global Warming has got worse since Virgin took over and Northern Rock went bust !

I'll need to find a new planet to change to being my atmosphere provider soon if it gets much worse
Morden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2008, 21:22   #22
Mr_love_monkey
Inactive

Services: Sarcasm
Mr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny stars
Mr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny stars

I found holes in three pairs of my socks yesterday - same day the bill from Virgin arrived.

Where will it end???
Mr_love_monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2008, 21:23   #23
TheBlueRaja
cf.mega poster

Services: Initiations, rep rigging and orgies!
TheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny star
TheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny star

Virgin ate my hamster...
TheBlueRaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2008, 21:26   #24
DocDutch
argh

Services: full house package
DocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronze
DocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlueRaja View Post
Virgin ate my hamster...
thought that was some1 else TBR cant blame Virgin on your own appetite.
DocDutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2008, 21:28   #25
Morden
Inactive

Morden will become famous soon enoughMorden will become famous soon enoughMorden will become famous soon enough

Never mind Virgin have a solution to the Global Warming :- http://www.google.com/virgle/index.html
Old 14-04-2008, 21:28   #26
TheBlueRaja
cf.mega poster

TheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny star
TheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocDutch View Post
thought that was some1 else TBR cant blame Virgin on your own appetite.
Sky gave me a new, improved one.
Old 14-04-2008, 21:29   #27
DocDutch
argh

DocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronze
DocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronze

what that hamster came back through the other way then
Old 14-04-2008, 21:31   #28
TheBlueRaja
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocDutch View Post
what that hamster came back through the other way then
It "saw the light" and moved on
Old 14-04-2008, 21:34   #29
Morden
Inactive

Perhaps it was a clone, beware if it started saying I'll be back in a dodgy Austrian accent !
Old 14-04-2008, 21:35   #30
DocDutch
argh

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlueRaja View Post
It "saw the light" and moved on
poor hamster...

but back on topic.

all companies that provide communications (mobile, landline and internet) are all just as bad as eachother.

some worse then others ie VM and $ky