Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media prices are going up again...

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media News Discussion

Virgin Media prices are going up again...

Old 03-08-2017, 19:59   #31
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
Re: Virgin Media prices are going up again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabaal View Post
Can anyone confirm that this rise is a get out of your contract free situation? I don't want out just checking if i can legitimately use the 'thinking of leaving' to barter.
Any price rise is a "get out of contract free" situation.
pip08456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 03-08-2017, 20:25   #32
Gavin-D
cf.mega poster

Gavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabaal View Post
Can anyone confirm that this rise is a get out of your contract free situation? I don't want out just checking if i can legitimately use the 'thinking of leaving' to barter.
Yes whatever you have if it's affected by a rise you can leave for free within 30 days of receiving confirmation from VM (letter or email)
Gavin-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 20:34   #33
Arthurgray50@blu
cf.mega poster

Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal
Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal

This might be the case. BUT, some customers will stay with VM and say its value for money.

I cannot see VM justify the price increase, with NO additional channels worth watching
Arthurgray50@blu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 21:27   #34
Wild Oscar
cf.addict

Wild Oscar is on a distinguished roadWild Oscar is on a distinguished road

I think it's going to be Vivid 50 on it's own for me then down the line, I've got all 3 services at the mo on a contract that started back in November last year so this will be a good time to junk the TV and phone (which I don't use, no handset even ...)

One the one hand I'll be paying slightly more a month, but I'll be saving the yearly phone line saver payment ... swings and roundabouts eh?
Wild Oscar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 22:29   #35
Kabaal
Haggis Hunting

Kabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip08456 View Post
Any price rise is a "get out of contract free" situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin-D View Post
Yes whatever you have if it's affected by a rise you can leave for free within 30 days of receiving confirmation from VM (letter or email)
Cheers for that.

I can honestly say i never care about the price rises other than them enabling me to get a decent deal each year. I'm surprised at how annoyed some users seem to get about them on this forum considering most if not all of them do the same. Outrage on others behalf i suppose.

already on a sweet deal that ends in September, time to get another
Kabaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 22:30   #36
Inactive Digital
cf.addict

Services: VM broadband, Stream, phone. Sky Q
Inactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Oscar View Post
I think it's going to be Vivid 50 on it's own for me then down the line, I've got all 3 services at the mo on a contract that started back in November last year so this will be a good time to junk the TV and phone (which I don't use, no handset even ...)

One the one hand I'll be paying slightly more a month, but I'll be saving the yearly phone line saver payment ... swings and roundabouts eh?
That's exactly what I did this time last year. I had the Big Kahuna package but switched the TV to Sky (got a great offer on Money Saving Expert) and transferred the landline to a voip provider.

Cons:
Initially missed some of the Tivo software features
Lost BT Sport (though I rarely caught a live game anyway)
Lost inclusive mobile minutes (though use our own mobiles instead)

Pros:
Sky Q box performs much quicker than the Tivo box I had
Gained Sky Cinema (I make a lot more use of that than I did BT Sport)
Saved around £20 per month.

So much for getting better value by bundling your services with one provider. Which reminds me, it's time to start the annual haggling games with retentions!

I would have switched broadband away too, except I can't get a BT line without digging up my driveway.

Last edited by Inactive Digital; 03-08-2017 at 22:36.
Inactive Digital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 15:23   #37
Gavin-D
cf.mega poster

Gavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these parts

Has anyone had a letter or email yet about the rise?

Any decent offers for those phoning up to cancel?
Old 05-08-2017, 14:23   #38
japitts
cf.geek

Services: V6 with Full-House/Maxit Sports & Movies, 100Mb broadband, Talk Weekends.
japitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Virgin Media to raise their prices again..

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2017/0..._prices_again/
Rights, wrongs and package prices aside... this probably explains the two "you're getting great value" glossy booklets we've been sent recently.

I should have seen that coming!
japitts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 14:40   #39
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin-D View Post
Has anyone had a letter or email yet about the rise?

Any decent offers for those phoning up to cancel?
Nothing as of this moment..
Old 05-08-2017, 15:14   #40
nialli
cf.geek

Services: Sky Stream, Sky broadband
nialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quads

It's a bit early for formal notification - it's the first week of August and the price rise isn't until 1st November, that's almost three months away.
nialli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 15:56   #41
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

My contract finishes near the end of the year for so Virgin and l are likely to be in for some tough talking..
Old 05-08-2017, 16:22   #42
Gavin-D
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by nialli View Post
It's a bit early for formal notification - it's the first week of August and the price rise isn't until 1st November, that's almost three months away.
Some will see the rise on October's bill
Old 05-08-2017, 16:23   #43
daveeb
cf.mega poster

daveeb has reached the bronze age
daveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
My contract finishes near the end of the year for so Virgin and l are likely to be in for some tough talking..
Despite always being polite I find the success of the negotiation seems to depend on what side of the bed the person you are speaking to got out of that day.
daveeb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 16:36   #44
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura

I have seen a copy of a letter informing a customer of a £3.99 increase and the letter provides a link regarding a V6 box .......
Quote:
We'd love you to enjoy our smallest, smartest, fastest box yet, on us - you just have to pay the £20 activation fee and have a HD TV. Record 6 shows at once, then stream them around your home. Visit https://keepup.virginmedia.com/box-swap-v6 before 31st October to claim this offer online.
VM also tell customers that
Quote:
We hope you want to carry on enjoying all this with us. But if not, don't worry - you can change or cancel your package at any time before 30th September 2017 without paying any cancellation charges. Just click here for more information.
Old 05-08-2017, 16:37   #45
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveeb View Post
Despite always being polite I find the success of the negotiation seems to depend on what side of the bed the person you are speaking to got out of that day.
l will always be polite to them but if l need to negotiate with a lot of tough talking l will as its them who need to keep my custom at the end of the day.