Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Old 20-10-2016, 20:48   #6721
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Re: ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
BT Sport snap up TV rights for National Badminton League.

Read more at http://www.onemk.co.uk/bt-sport-snap...jsqrGkuVAIi.99

Brilliant, i can now throw the sleeping tablets in the bin.......
Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 20-10-2016, 21:47   #6722
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

The NOW TV SKY Sports day pass promo is back on cases of Carling.

Passes are available on 10, 12, 15, 18, 20, 24 440ml packs of Carling Lager.

Limited to 3 codes per NOW TV account. Codes valid until 11:59pm on 30th June 2017.

ASDA are doing 3 cases of Carling, 12 cans per case, for £20.00. That's cheaper than what 3 NOW TV Sports day passes would actually cost to buy on their own.

https://www.carling.com/competitions/nowtv
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2016, 22:07   #6723
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

The worst lager ever, lol............
Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2016, 22:39   #6724
Arthurgray50@blu
cf.mega poster

Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal
Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal

Old Boy., l totally agree with you. A major, major problem is that Sky have increase coverage of TV football, long with BT sport and with VM pushing the price up. And these companies are paying really high money

Football fans continue to at the price. Channels will show it.

I am a big footie fan and watch it all the time (not Arsenal though, or Celtic. I do have my principles)

When l firt started to Spurs. the whole day cost me £20 and that included entrance fee.

Now, l cannot go due to the price. It would cost be somewhere in the region of £100.00 I am not paying that

My wife took me and the family / Grandchildren (which was great) and that was on a family ticket. and that costly.

I think Barca only charge the equivalent of £20.00 and they are the very best in football.

But no, while fans are prepared t pay the money - it will get shown
Arthurgray50@blu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2016, 23:27   #6725
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
I'm sure after the first 35 cans the 36th will be delicious
Old 21-10-2016, 09:43   #6726
telegramsam
telegramsam

Services: Sky Q,Multiscreen, Sky phone line, Sky broadband,Free view.
telegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant future

Quote:
A matter of opinion. Personally I find it quite refreshing.
telegramsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2016, 00:34   #6727
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthurgray50@blu View Post
Old Boy., l totally agree with you. A major, major problem is that Sky have increase coverage of TV football, long with BT sport and with VM pushing the price up. And these companies are paying really high money

Football fans continue to at the price. Channels will show it.

I am a big footie fan and watch it all the time (not Arsenal though, or Celtic. I do have my principles)

When l firt started to Spurs. the whole day cost me £20 and that included entrance fee.

Now, l cannot go due to the price. It would cost be somewhere in the region of £100.00 I am not paying that

My wife took me and the family / Grandchildren (which was great) and that was on a family ticket. and that costly.

I think Barca only charge the equivalent of £20.00 and they are the very best in football.

But no, while fans are prepared t pay the money - it will get shown
I dont think the EPL will get the same increase next time. People said that last time and i disagreed i think its hit the peak now. TV ratings are down. Thats the important thing. Advertisers will not pay as much which will worry lickle sky and murdoch who are there to make a profit remember.

Losing the champions league to bt is probably the best thing ever as it means BT have been saddled with a hugely expensive contract with little movement on their subscriptions.

Both companies have been burnt by their experiences. Expect some sort of truce in 2 years time. Brexit will reduce the pound too so everything is worth less.

I can expect the amounts spent will remain the same and our prices may go up a few quid but hopefully, hopefully it wont increase as much as it has
vincerooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2016, 07:36   #6728
i am not scouse
cf.member

Services: 65"Samsung 4k tv. X2 v6 x3tivo's 200mb bb and a phone line I don't use.
i am not scouse is on a distinguished roadi am not scouse is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I beg to differ. I find fosters the worst. I'd rather drink council pop straight out of the tap
i am not scouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2016, 01:16   #6729
Chad
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Shocker for Sky as football fans turn off with 19 per cent drop in viewing figures for live Premier League games.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/art...gue-games.html
Looks like BT are having the same issue with their Champions League viewing figures

https://www.theguardian.com/football...g-football-off

It's an interesting read which does a better job than the Daily Mail article to explain reasons why people are not tuning in. I can certainly see some truth in the following:

"Is the sport now so all-pervasive that actually watching a full match is becoming a tedious inconvenience if the relevant action and talking points can all be absorbed via osmosis on Twitter and other social media channels?"

Could be a valid point. I watched a video on Youtube recently which raised similar points and trends about poor WWE viewing figures and how the younger viewers are consuming WWE content. Here's a link anyone who is interested:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9Iz7gVcDb8
Old 26-10-2016, 10:45   #6730
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
Looks like BT are having the same issue with their Champions League viewing figures

https://www.theguardian.com/football...g-football-off

It's an interesting read which does a better job than the Daily Mail article to explain reasons why people are not tuning in. I can certainly see some truth in the following:

"Is the sport now so all-pervasive that actually watching a full match is becoming a tedious inconvenience if the relevant action and talking points can all be absorbed via osmosis on Twitter and other social media channels?"

Could be a valid point. I watched a video on Youtube recently which raised similar points and trends about poor WWE viewing figures and how the younger viewers are consuming WWE content. Here's a link anyone who is interested:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9Iz7gVcDb8
They are all picking up on it now
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/...er-league-beh/
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2016, 10:51   #6731
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
The trouble with larges parts of the media is they are a bit like sheep following sheep MM as they all tend to jump on the same bandwagon be it this , Jose Mourinho's head on a platter or many many other things.
Old 27-10-2016, 13:32   #6732
Gavin-D
cf.mega poster

Gavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these parts

BT TV adds 63,000 taking it to 1.7 million Sport audiences rise

http://www.broadbandtvnews.com/2016/...udiences-rise/
Gavin-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2016, 13:41   #6733
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

It would be nice to see a real breakdown of the figures but alas like the others thats unlikely.
Old 27-10-2016, 16:58   #6734
Gavin-D
cf.mega poster

Gavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these parts

BBC 4K could launch via the iplayer

http://www.seenit.co.uk/bbc-could-us...h-4k-services/
Gavin-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2016, 19:38   #6735
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin-D View Post
BBC 4K could launch via the iplayer

http://www.seenit.co.uk/bbc-could-us...h-4k-services/
This is really good news for VM viewers with a V6 box.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote