Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Raspberry Pi - a revolution?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > General IT Discussion

Raspberry Pi - a revolution?

Old 29-02-2012, 06:38   #61
LSainsbury

Services: TV: Sky HD, Landline: BT, Mobile: Orange, Internet: Quite Slow!
Re: Raspberry Pi - a revolution?

Farnell: Is that a ploy to stop the DDos? I've got a page header from Farnell now...

---------- Post added at 06:38 ---------- Previous post was at 06:35 ----------

Farnell:

Quote:
Site unavailable

Our websites are currently unavailable whilst we perform a scheduled system upgrade.

Every effort has been made to minimise the impact of this event and we apologise for any inconvenience this has caused.

Should you wish to place an order or speak to a sales representative please refer to the contact list below:
Advertisement
Old 29-02-2012, 06:38   #62
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

Farnells gone into maintenance mode

Quote:
Site unavailable

Our websites are currently unavailable whilst we perform a scheduled system upgrade.

Every effort has been made to minimise the impact of this event and we apologise for any inconvenience this has caused.

Should you wish to place an order or speak to a sales representative please refer to the contact list below:
I suppose I should have picked up the phone and ordered that way with RS
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-02-2012, 06:52   #63
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling

Off to work now and no where near being able to order one

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/cancer-...bladder-cancer
Sirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-02-2012, 07:08   #64
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

Still getting the "register interest" screen on RS when you try to search for raspberry pi

What a you know what!!!
Old 29-02-2012, 07:34   #65
admars
cf.mega poster

admars has reached the bronze age
admars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze age

https://twitter.com/#!/Raspberry_Pi

apparently that RS page was the wrong one, I never found a right one

farnell pre-orders only, I guess some lucky ppl got through and ordered up the initial allocations at both shops Oh well, just have to wait and get one with a case etc. Fingers crossed those that got them put them to good use, and they're not just used to run xbmc.
admars is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29-02-2012, 07:41   #66
Kymmy
Inactive

Word on twitter is that RS isn't taking order will the end of the week

---------- Post added at 07:41 ---------- Previous post was at 07:38 ----------

Trust the BBC to get it wrong

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbcnews
Initially the £22 model of the Pi, which includes wifi
Old 29-02-2012, 07:50   #67
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kymmy View Post
Still getting the "register interest" screen on RS when you try to search for raspberry pi

What a you know what!!!
Well i have registered my interest

Old 29-02-2012, 08:01   #68
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

and I was hoping to be able to order my Pi today as well
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-02-2012, 08:37   #69
Fawkes
Inactive

Services: VM: 120M Broadband, TV + Landline
Fawkes has a reputation beyond reputeFawkes has a reputation beyond reputeFawkes has a reputation beyond reputeFawkes has a reputation beyond reputeFawkes has a reputation beyond reputeFawkes has a reputation beyond reputeFawkes has a reputation beyond reputeFawkes has a reputation beyond reputeFawkes has a reputation beyond reputeFawkes has a reputation beyond reputeFawkes has a reputation beyond reputeFawkes has a reputation beyond reputeFawkes has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilligaf1701 View Post
and I was hoping to be able to order my Pi today as well
Boromir
Old 29-02-2012, 12:39   #70
admars
cf.mega poster

admars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze age

Guy next to me at work ordered one from Farnel an hour or so ago, I just tried and site down again.

edit tried again, can pre-order at farnel, also coming soon, 2 bundles, one with sd card, another with sdcard and wireless mouse, no price though on those
Old 29-02-2012, 17:30   #71
LSainsbury

Services: TV: Sky HD, Landline: BT, Mobile: Orange, Internet: Quite Slow!

Well that was a balls up. Don't know anybody who managed to get one from RS...Farnell's website was on it's knees by 06:01 so I don't know how people can say they managed to order one from them.
Old 29-02-2012, 19:19   #72
admars
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSainsbury View Post
Well that was a balls up. Don't know anybody who managed to get one from RS...Farnell's website was on it's knees by 06:01 so I don't know how people can say they managed to order one from them.
it (Farenell) was, but it was up and down all day, I saw his confirmation page, but when I tried I couldn't get to it
Old 29-02-2012, 19:24   #73
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

How long before we see them on Ebay at over inflated buy now prices

Old 29-02-2012, 19:52   #74
Kymmy
Inactive

They already were on ebay today at £39, the picture though showed an alpha board and raspberry pi was looking at getting them removed as the picture especially was wrong and also copyrighted.

---------- Post added at 19:52 ---------- Previous post was at 19:50 ----------

RS Components announcement as to the Raspberry Pi

http://www.electrocomponents.com/med.../2012/02/29th/
Old 29-02-2012, 21:33   #75
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kymmy View Post
Or putting out the server fires... I can hear the Halon alarms from here
Hrrr hrrr.

Our alarm doesn't even work (well technically, it was never set up)...
qasdfdsaq is offline   Reply With Quote