Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Raspberry Pi - a revolution?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > General IT Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Raspberry Pi - a revolution?

Old 15-05-2012, 21:46   #151
Cobbydaler
cf.mega poster

Services: ClearFibre Internet, Vodafone mobile Google Pixel 4
Cobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered stars
Cobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered stars
Re: Raspberry Pi - a revolution?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilligaf1701 View Post
I just wish I had a practical bone in my body so I could make a box for it
One available for a reasonable £9 + shipping here (£1 goes to the Foundation):

http://raspi.co.uk/
Cobbydaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 17-05-2012, 14:19   #152
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

Cheers for that

I finally got ORCA running so I can now use my Pi properly and also put iceweasel (firefox) on it today
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2012, 08:51   #153
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

RS finally sent me through an activation code for an order, but to be brutally honest I no longer have a need for the Pi..

Does anyone want the code (and associated email you can put in your own details/payment later)

Long term members only please via PM
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2012, 13:53   #154
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kymmy View Post
RS finally sent me through an activation code for an order, but to be brutally honest I no longer have a need for the Pi..

Does anyone want the code (and associated email you can put in your own details/payment later)

Code has now been sent to a member for use..
Old 19-05-2012, 16:44   #155
Lew
Inactive

Services: VIP50, TiVo
Lew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze array
Lew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kymmy View Post

I also have an activation code going begging. Same terms as Kymmy's offer.
Lew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2012, 16:44   #156
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling

Thanks to a really nice person in our gaming clan i will get my hands on a Pi shortly

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/cancer-...bladder-cancer
Sirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2012, 19:37   #157
rogerdraig
cf.mega poster

rogerdraig has reached the bronze age
rogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze age
Send a message via Yahoo to rogerdraig

thanks to Kymmy i have one on the way

rogerdraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2012, 19:38   #158
Kymmy
Inactive

Great news
Old 19-05-2012, 20:43   #159
jempalmer

Services: 500gb Tivo & V+. TV XL, 60MB BB, M Phone.

That is one of the aspects that I love about this forum, irrespective of the differences of opinion and other disagreements, this is a Forum. You, me and anyone can have a discussion and and a lighthearted conversation but not step outside of the boundaries of civil conversation. Good on you Kymmy, I hope that rogerdraig will keep us posted on the progress made with the pi. Drat, I would have bought it!
Old 20-05-2012, 01:22   #160
rogerdraig
cf.mega poster

rogerdraig has reached the bronze age
rogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze age
Send a message via Yahoo to rogerdraig

as long i manage not to blow it up ( the wife just rolled her eyes ) i will try to
rogerdraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2012, 17:34   #161
Lew
Inactive

Services: VIP50, TiVo
Lew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze array
Lew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lew View Post
I also have an activation code going begging. Same terms as Kymmy's offer.
Now taken.
Lew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2012, 20:50   #162
Fawkes
Inactive

Services: VM: 120M Broadband, TV + Landline
Fawkes has a reputation beyond reputeFawkes has a reputation beyond reputeFawkes has a reputation beyond reputeFawkes has a reputation beyond reputeFawkes has a reputation beyond reputeFawkes has a reputation beyond reputeFawkes has a reputation beyond reputeFawkes has a reputation beyond reputeFawkes has a reputation beyond reputeFawkes has a reputation beyond reputeFawkes has a reputation beyond reputeFawkes has a reputation beyond reputeFawkes has a reputation beyond repute

Got my Raspberry Pi in the mail today.
I've not had much time to play with it yet but I was booted up and on the internet in no time.

This one came from Farnell but I have an activation code from RS. Not sure yet whether I'm going to get a second one or give the code away.
Old 29-05-2012, 06:52   #163
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fawkes View Post
Got my Raspberry Pi in the mail today.
I've not had much time to play with it yet but I was booted up and on the internet in no time.

This one came from Farnell but I have an activation code from RS. Not sure yet whether I'm going to get a second one or give the code away.
I should hear about mine any day

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/cancer-...bladder-cancer
Sirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2012, 20:10   #164
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

I've heard about your Pi - If I was you I'd start jumping about now
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2012, 20:19   #165
LSainsbury

Services: TV: Sky HD, Landline: BT, Mobile: Orange, Internet: Quite Slow!

I've got a code now but I don't really know if I want it. Think the initial excitement of it has gone due to the delays.