Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | No internet

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

No internet

Old 16-10-2017, 10:31   #1
cupcakes aka dd
cf.geek

Services: Almost the lot
cupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud of
No internet

Internet down B42 area Birmingham Perry Barr

---------- Post added at 09:31 ---------- Previous post was at 08:06 ----------

Sorted
cupcakes aka dd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 16-10-2017, 15:03   #2
Kushan
FORMER Virgin Media Staff

Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal
Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal
Re: No internet

Glad we could help.
Kushan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2017, 11:27   #3
cupcakes aka dd
cf.geek

cupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud of

Same problem this morning. Green arrow and flashing blue tick. No connection to Virgin servers.

---------- Post added at 08:04 ---------- Previous post was at 07:51 ----------

And the cable service status isn't working either

---------- Post added at 09:36 ---------- Previous post was at 08:04 ----------

Now test tells me my router is turned off. Pretty sure it's problem on Virgins side

---------- Post added at 10:27 ---------- Previous post was at 09:36 ----------

Back on again now
Old 18-10-2017, 11:58   #4
Ken W
cf.mega poster

Services: LL Phone, TiVo, M+ VM mobile, BBand 150M tier Superhub, TIVO 500 M+
Ken W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupcakes aka dd View Post
Same problem this morning. Green arrow and flashing blue tick. No connection to Virgin servers.

---- Post added at 08:04 ---------- Previous post was at 07:51 ----------

And the cable service status isn't working either

---------- Post added at 09:36 ---------- Previous post was at 08:04 ----------

Now test tells me my router is turned off. Pretty sure it's problem on Virgins side---------- Post added at 10:27 ---------- Previous post was at 09:36 ----------

Back on again now

My HUB 3 main white light only flashed for about 15 mins then the green lights flashed for about 3 mins after which I had internet, Firm ware 9.1.116V. Would it have been a firmware update?
Ken W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2017, 12:00   #5
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

not for that length of time
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2017, 14:01   #6
cupcakes aka dd
cf.geek

Quite a few people on VM forum reporting it. Would be nice if someone just explained what's going on so we are not all scratching our heads thinking the problem is at our end. I'm back on now.
Old 19-10-2017, 08:57   #7
cupcakes aka dd
cf.geek

Three mornings in a row now. After a few hours it starts to work. Could it be a faulty modern.
Old 19-10-2017, 18:12   #8
cupcakes aka dd
cf.geek

Engineer coming out tomorrow. As a gamer do not want my superhub 2 swapped with a 3. Do Virgin still replace with a 2 if requested. Hopefully it's not the modern.
Old 19-10-2017, 19:56   #9
General Maximus
Ran Away

General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

nope, a tech told me last month that they haven't had any 2's for ages and only 3's now. Don't worry about the three though, I refused to take it initially for a fault call out because I am a gamer as well but I had one forced on me a month later when I upgraded to 350mbits and it honestly makes no difference at all.

Old 19-10-2017, 23:07   #10
cupcakes aka dd
cf.geek

Not what I'm reading on the forums. People are having real problems and Intel can't fix it. There's even a lawsuit taking place in America over the fault.
Old 19-10-2017, 23:20   #11
General Maximus
Ran Away

I play alsorts of first person shooters and come 1st a good 80% of the time. If there was even the slightest performance decrease with the shub3 i would be the first person to moan about it.
Old 20-10-2017, 14:17   #12
Kushan
FORMER Virgin Media Staff

Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal
Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal

I play with Max all the time and can confirm, when we were both on SH3's and max hosted, there was zero issues with ping, lag or whatever.

I also played various hair-trigger games like Counter-Strike, PUBG, etc. without issue (apart from my general ability).
Kushan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2017, 23:50   #13
cupcakes aka dd
cf.geek

Engi came checked power levels and said they were close to getting no service. The problem was the outside 3 way splitter which had rusted over the years. Replaced and running at optimun levels.