Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | U.S President: Donald Trump

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

U.S President: Donald Trump
Closed Thread

Old 17-03-2017, 15:44   #811
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Re: U.S President: Donald Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scary View Post
Starting to think that Mick either works for trump or is Spicer in disguise
Well I don't: I am entitled to a differing opinion AND I am also entitled to sit on the fence and not follow stuff so blindly.
Advertisement
Old 17-03-2017, 16:05   #812
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
Well I don't: I am entitled to a differing opinion AND I am also entitled to sit on the fence and not follow stuff so blindly.
Following stuff blindly is the problem Mick.

As for sitting on the fence....
Old 17-03-2017, 16:23   #813
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Mick, I doubt you can be accused by anyone of sitting on the fence! You are firmly behind Trump's wall.
Old 17-03-2017, 16:36   #814
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
Following stuff blindly is the problem Mick.
Not by me it's not.

---------- Post added at 15:36 ---------- Previous post was at 15:28 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
Mick, I doubt you can be accused by anyone of sitting on the fence! You are firmly behind Trump's wall.
Rubbish. I just don't side with all the negative hysteria on him, nor do I chase all the negative stories on him like you and others do on here.

All I cared about was that Hillary Clinton lost, she did and that satisfies me, greatly.
Old 17-03-2017, 16:38   #815
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Rubbish. I just don't side with all the negative hysteria on him, nor do I chase all the negative stories on him like you and others do on here.
All I cared about was that Hillary Clinton lost, she did and that satisfies me, greatly.
OK. But returning to my question, if the White House was going to hand over evidence that GCHQ had spied on Trump in the next couple of days* then why would it today state that it will not repeat the allegations?
* 20/3/17 is the deadline for evidence to the Senate Committee investigating the phone-tapping allegations.
Old 17-03-2017, 16:44   #816
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
OK. But returning to my question, if the White House was going to hand over evidence that GCHQ had spied on Trump in the next couple of days* then why would it today state that it will not repeat the allegations?
* 20/3/17 is the deadline for evidence to the Senate Committee investigating the phone-tapping allegations.
Who said they was going to hand over any such evidence ?

All Sean Spicer did yesterday was quote, what a news commentator/anchor had accused British Intelligence Services of doing.
Old 17-03-2017, 16:57   #817
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Who said they was going to hand over any such evidence ?.
Not sure if anyone promised it but the White House asked congress to investigate to which congress asked for evidence or at least somewhere to start. Hence the deadline. Additionally some Republican congressmen are saying they'll withhold approving some members of the cabinet until the WH provides that evidence.
Old 17-03-2017, 17:14   #818
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
Not sure if anyone promised it but the White House asked congress to investigate to which congress asked for evidence or at least somewhere to start. Hence the deadline. Additionally some Republican congressmen are saying they'll withhold approving some members of the cabinet until the WH provides that evidence.
Spicer was on his fact-free diet again yesterday:
Quote:
Asked whether the White House would ensure such evidence was made available, Mr Spicer sought to dodge the question. When reporters continued to press him, he said “I feel very confident” that such information would be made available.
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a7630196.html
Old 17-03-2017, 18:26   #819
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Perhaps the White House and the President should only tweet things that have been validated, not repeat things they have heard on TV.

You know, what with the 17 US Intelligence Agencies, with a +$50 billion a year budget, perhaps they might supply them with, oh, I don't know, daily briefings....
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Old 17-03-2017, 18:47   #820
RizzyKing

There's clearly a media bias but that doesn't get highlighted or resolved with silliness of the sort we have had for the last couple of months and I'm curious if this was someone else blathering out stuff as Trump and his group have if Trump would have accepted it as fact with no substantiating evidence. I doubt he would and that is what irks me most about what's going on he's behaving in a way he'd never have accepted from anyone else but expects us to just accept it and go along with it. I too am very happy that Clinton lost she would have been a disaster likely for all of us and i am glad one of the usual politicos didn't win but I'm getting a bit tired of this dog and pony show that's currently pervasive in the white house.

The U.S.A is too big a player to have this going on and while domestically it may be a distraction and little more right now it's got to be eroding confidence internationally in the leadership and that is a big concern. Trump needs to start appearing competent and able to do the job if nothing else.

Old 17-03-2017, 19:14   #821
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

Quote:
It's important to note the statement that we don't spy on the US:
Quote:
The PM's spokesman said it would not be possible for GCHQ to spy on Mr Trump as both countries are members of the Five Eyes alliance, a joint intelligence co-operation agreement which also includes Australia, Canada and New Zealand.
"I would add, just as a matter of fact, with the Five Eyes pact, we cannot use each other's capabilities to circumvent laws," he said.
"It's a situation that simply wouldn't arise."
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a7635786.html
Old 17-03-2017, 19:48   #822
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Well apparently the White House is now saying they never apologised to No 10 so either they're lying or No 10 is lying and we're now back to the WH citing Fox News that we hacked Trump!

---------- Post added at 18:48 ---------- Previous post was at 18:44 ----------

Trump has also repeated the accusation that Obama hacked his phone (unless it was a joke, only read the text).
Old 17-03-2017, 20:05   #823
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:

Trump has also repeated the accusation that Obama hacked his phone (unless it was a joke, only read the text).

I think he was referring to Merkel's phone being taped (he motioned to Merkel when answering)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7HIFCwnPXQ

Starts at 1:17 in that particular bit around 1:40 in
Old 17-03-2017, 20:18   #824
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Quote:
Financial Times
An unrepentant Donald Trump refused to retract accusations the UK spied on his presidential campaign last year, saying the White House was only repeating reports from a “talented legal mind” when it publicly aired the allegations.
Despite efforts by senior administration officials to placate an angry ally by reassuring Downing Street it would not repeat accusations, Mr Trump showed no regret about the actions of Sean Spicer, the White House spokesman who read out the allegations during his televised briefing on Thursday.
“We said nothing,” Mr Trump said at a news conference. “All we did is quote a very talented legal mind,” citing a legal analyst on Fox News. Brushing aside potential damage to its closest intelligence relationship, Mr Spicer added: “I don’t think we regret anything.”
The hardline stance came despite a “private conversation” between Sir Kim Darroch, Britain’s ambassador to Washington, and Mr Spicer on Thursday and a separate phone call between the two countries’ national security advisers that were characterised as full of “regret and contrition” by those briefed on the exchanges.
https://www.ft.com/content/6ec3dfca-...a-903b21361b43 "Trump unrepentant in wake of UK spying accusations"

Last edited by 1andrew1; 17-03-2017 at 20:49.
Old 17-03-2017, 21:22   #825
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Can a US president be impeached for being insane, or is that a loophole in the Constitution?

'Not repeat the accusation' very big of them, we should grow a pair and demand a total retraction, or he doesn't​ get to visit Queenie (bet she's really looking forward​ to it too...)
Closed Thread