Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Moans and Pet Hates - Part 8

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle

Moans and Pet Hates - Part 8

Old 31-07-2017, 09:57   #4516
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
Re: Moans and Pet Hates part 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilli-theclaw View Post
What with sickness diarrhoea headache and dizziness I had to cancel my transport to dialysis this morning gosh I feel terrible.
My thoughts are with you dilli as l hope and pray that you will feel better soon.
Old 31-07-2017, 10:11   #4517
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

I actually managed to get a drs appointment (as soon as I told them I'm a dialysis patient) so off to the dr shortly.
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2017, 10:19   #4518
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
I actually managed to get a drs appointment (as soon as I told them I'm a dialysis patient) so off to the dr shortly.
l am glad of that dilli.
Old 31-07-2017, 15:48   #4519
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
Send a message via AIM to MalteseFalcon

What's the point of making a bullying complaint when it gets basically swept under the rug, especially when that person is on one of their last warnings? I need to get out of that company, they keep promising me work then never give me it.
MalteseFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2017, 17:03   #4520
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

I feel knackered.

It's the end of our financial year at work, so as a requisitioner (purchaser), I've spent the last few weeks getting quotes for equipment, most of which I've never even heard of, and ordering it. We have to have all the deliveries today (a deadline I am already going to miss, as two suppliers have had problems with stock, and have not been able to deliver), and I have a pile of equipment in boxes in my office that I can't get rid of as the lecturers who have ordered it are not answering my emails asking where they want it sent. The reason for the panic? The Uni operating a system whereby any unused budget is clawed back, and the lecturers failing to realise they will have unspent money at the end of the year in reasonable time to get equipment ordered and in.

Thankfully, my line manager's boss has stated that next year, the last date for orders (to ensure we get any quotes and equipment in for 31st July) is the last day of May.

It's not even as though the equipment is anything particularly interesting.

---------- Post added at 16:03 ---------- Previous post was at 15:57 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkC1984 View Post
What's the point of making a bullying complaint when it gets basically swept under the rug, especially when that person is on one of their last warnings? I need to get out of that company, they keep promising me work then never give me it.
I feel a bit the same way. Getting out of the company, I mean. My problem is not them not giving me work. There is plenty of that. The trouble is it's mostly administrative tasks (such as the requisitioning I mentioned above). That's not what I applied for my job for. It's also not what I did my degree for.

Regarding your own position, is it possible for you to move to a different building? While it's not an ideal solution to the problem of bullying, it would at least reduces the chances of you being bullied?
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2017, 18:23   #4521
nashville
nashville

Services: Virgin Media
nashville has a nice shiny star
nashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny star

Sorry to hear that Dill Hope you are feeling better by now
nashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2017, 19:27   #4522
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkC1984 View Post
Sadly with bullying , discrimination , sexism and some other things it is often paid insincere lip service to Mark and often swept underneath the carpet but l do hope things improve quickly for you as its never nice being bullied.
Old 31-07-2017, 20:32   #4523
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
Send a message via AIM to MalteseFalcon

I can't move office sadly, my only option is to resign and then not be allowed to claim benefits. I have applied for some agency work today so hopefully that comes off so I can pick and choose my shifts. Must say, one manager has been brilliant. The one I had all the issues with last year, laid into a group of them who were teasing me last week when it was obvious I wasn't in the mood for teasing. She told them it has to stop, if they carry on then I can make a complaint about them for bullying and that it might be wise to not let that happen. A couple who were there that night and with me yesterday did apologise to me, saying they never realised it upset me that much. I told them normally it doesn't bother me, I love a laugh as much as anyone but since the whole thing with my Nan started my sense of humour has failed big time.
MalteseFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2017, 23:31   #4524
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
What with sickness diarrhoea headache and dizziness I had to cancel my transport to dialysis this morning gosh I feel terrible.
I prescribe Marmite on toast.

(be strong Dilli)
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 16:40   #4525
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Services: tv phone mobile broadband V6 and tivo.
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star

As you may recall I thought I lost my engagement ring last month, hubby is just off the phone to me and my engagement ring and wedding band are going into the jewelers to be rhodium plated and taken down a size as he said we really cannot risk me losing them.

Why is this moan well because I will be without both rings for 10 days but the good news is they will come back all shiny and brand new looking. I'm looking forward to seeing them back to their former glory just not looking forward to not having them while the progress is being done.
Old 01-08-2017, 17:46   #4526
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by weenie View Post
As you may recall I thought I lost my engagement ring last month, hubby is just off the phone to me and my engagement ring and wedding band are going into the jewelers to be rhodium plated and taken down a size as he said we really cannot risk me losing them.

Why is this moan well because I will be without both rings for 10 days but the good news is they will come back all shiny and brand new looking. I'm looking forward to seeing them back to their former glory just not looking forward to not having them while the progress is being done.
You sure he's not just after a 10 day loan against them?

Osem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 18:00   #4527
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Services: tv phone mobile broadband V6 and tivo.
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star

LOL

That is what my friend said as she knows we have just had my engagement valued for insurance purposed and let's just say the report was a shock and so much more than we expected.

Well tbh she never said 10 day loan she said pawn shop.
Old 02-08-2017, 14:30   #4528
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars

This wretched excuse for a Summer. We've been down here in Cornwall for nearly three weeks and you can count the days it didn't rain on the fingers of one hand.

It's all rain and mist now as I type. At least we're in that guaranteed oasis of the British pub.

Must be hell for those with kids on a camping holiday not to mention the strain on the wallet.
Old 02-08-2017, 14:59   #4529
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by heero_yuy View Post
This wretched excuse for a Summer. We've been down here in Cornwall for nearly three weeks and you can count the days it didn't rain on the fingers of one hand.

It's all rain and mist now as I type. At least we're in that guaranteed oasis of the British pub.

Must be hell for those with kids on a camping holiday not to mention the strain on the wallet.
Sadly old bean this is typical of a British summer.
Old 02-08-2017, 15:46   #4530
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Sadly old bean this is typical of a British summer.
Except that it's not usually this relentlessly awful. Especially in July/August.