Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | NTL "Customer" support - 10Meg performance drop :/

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

BroadBand Plus - is it ever going to work for 250 modem users ?

Old 10-01-2006, 18:20   #1
IanUK
Inactive

IanUK is just really niceIanUK is just really niceIanUK is just really niceIanUK is just really niceIanUK is just really niceIanUK is just really nice
BroadBand Plus - is it ever going to work for 250 modem users ?

Its been over a month now, its still listed as a problem on the status page, is it ever going to be sorted ?

On my many calls to the NTL helpline over a different problem I had to listen to how wonderful its supposed to be and how we 10 meg users get it for free, well its been broken ever since I've had 10 meg.
Can it really be that difficult to register 250 modem users with the database, can't they hire a temp or someone who knows what they are doing to fix it ?

More rubbish service from NTL it seems, all I seem to get from them lately is apologies for nothing working right, and 'oh it will be fixed 'soon''

I really hope Virgin gets NTL and sorts this mess out

(and gets rid of the proxies at the same time !)

ah well, back to dreaming...
IanUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 10-01-2006, 18:22   #2
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Re: BroadBand Plus - is it ever going to work for 250 modem users ?

Virgin (I believe) use the ntl proxies, so don't expect them to high on the hit list.

As for BB+ - when I trialed it for 3 months there was nothing on it we were really interested in, so I'm not missing it atm.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 18:44   #3
Chrysalis
cf.mega poster

Services: Gig1, Hub 5
Chrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronze
Chrysalis is cast in bronze

Like paul said what bit are you missing ian as it really isnt anything special, there is one ok video site and the rest is way overhyped. Probably be more special after bbc iMP goes live and big brother is back.
Chrysalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 18:47   #4
IanUK
Inactive

IanUK is just really niceIanUK is just really niceIanUK is just really niceIanUK is just really niceIanUK is just really niceIanUK is just really nice

I quite liked Freeloader and the pop video bit, I agree the rest isn't all that wonderful, but I'm more annoyed that I had it, upgraded and lost it, and NTL don't seem at all fussed to fix it, not very good customer service

I also wanted to try the free 15 pics developed bit, after xmas but it seems that isn't gonna happen either !
Old 10-01-2006, 19:06   #5
deadite66
cf.geek

Services: Zen Fibre, Asus RT-AC68U
deadite66 is just so famous around these partsdeadite66 is just so famous around these partsdeadite66 is just so famous around these partsdeadite66 is just so famous around these partsdeadite66 is just so famous around these partsdeadite66 is just so famous around these partsdeadite66 is just so famous around these partsdeadite66 is just so famous around these partsdeadite66 is just so famous around these partsdeadite66 is just so famous around these partsdeadite66 is just so famous around these partsdeadite66 is just so famous around these partsdeadite66 is just so famous around these partsdeadite66 is just so famous around these partsdeadite66 is just so famous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanUK
I also wanted to try the free 15 pics developed bit, after xmas but it seems that isn't gonna happen either !
yeah you still have to pay postage. for only 15 prints they could stick them in an envelope on a 2nd class stamp.
deadite66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 19:11   #6
cnewton2k
Inactive

Services: 100 Meg + Phone
cnewton2k is a glorious beacon of lightcnewton2k is a glorious beacon of lightcnewton2k is a glorious beacon of lightcnewton2k is a glorious beacon of lightcnewton2k is a glorious beacon of lightcnewton2k is a glorious beacon of lightcnewton2k is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via MSN to cnewton2k

well i have a NTL250 modem and i can acess BB+ fine
cnewton2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 20:00   #7
UncleBooBoo

Same here I have the NTL250 modem and BB plus has always worked for me!

NTL must be spouting there bulls**t again!
Old 10-01-2006, 20:29   #8
hjf288
Inactive

Services: 50Mbit
hjf288 is just really nicehjf288 is just really nicehjf288 is just really nicehjf288 is just really nicehjf288 is just really nicehjf288 is just really nice

Cant register here myself
hjf288 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 21:18   #9
chocky909
Inactive

Services: Virgin XL Broadband BT Phone Sky+ TV Primark Undies
chocky909 is a glorious beacon of lightchocky909 is a glorious beacon of lightchocky909 is a glorious beacon of lightchocky909 is a glorious beacon of lightchocky909 is a glorious beacon of lightchocky909 is a glorious beacon of lightchocky909 is a glorious beacon of light

Well, I'm registered but It will not let me enter most of the sites citing that I need to install the latest version of WMP which I already have got. It's been like this since it became free a few months back. Not that I miss it, especially as they got rid of the Big Brother feeds. But the principle of it annoys me.
chocky909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 18:15   #10
IanUK
Inactive

It now says its been fixed today, but suprise surprise still doesn't work here, any other 250 owners now getting it ?
Old 12-01-2006, 18:48   #11
yorkiex
Inactive

Services: 10mb broadband , ntl digital tv, ntl phone
yorkiex is on a distinguished roadyorkiex is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to yorkiex

works fine for me and ive got a 250
yorkiex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 19:15   #12
IanUK
Inactive

Its working now, I had to register again though, but at least it let me register this time !