Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin poor service

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media News Discussion

Virgin poor service

Old 18-06-2017, 11:10   #1
Bennyboy
Inactive

Bennyboy is an unknown quantity at this point
Virgin poor service

Having been a Virgin Customer since it all started and dealt with the poor service received, I now feel the need to warn all. We have had 200mb broadband for sometime, but we have had nothing but problems which Virgin have done little to resolve, but continued to charge for. 4 weeks ago things reached a head after another planned appointment and a no show of an engineer (no call received to inform me that he was not coming) I stopped paying the bill. I was being expected to pay for a service not being received and then on top of that losing money for days off work when engineers failed to turn up. I phoned Virgin to attempt to sort out the problem again and this time I was informed that they would not do anything until the bill was paid. I attempted to explain the problems, but the call taker just kept informing me that they would not do anything until the bill was paid. I asked them just to cancel the service due to all the problems and I was informed that with the outstanding bill they could not do that and if I continue not to pay I would be taken to court. With the threats being made I felt I had no option other than paying the bill. Once the call taker had my money she informed me that the reason the engineer had not turned up was due to a network fault in my area and he/she had been sent to that. I accepted this but asked why I had not been informed as I'm self employed and had lost £200 in earnings that day. There was no apology, I was just told the next appointment in my area was in 7 days, when I questioned this I was told that all other appointment were booked helping other customers. No matter what protest I made by stating the fact the engineer was due to me and never arrived I had to accept the appointment 7 days later. 7 days later and another days of loss of earning the engineer spent 5 minutes in my house, 20 minute in his van before informing me that there was a problem network in the street and a second team of engineers will need to attend the following day. I was told that I did not need to be in as they would do the work and leave a calling card. The engineer then left without me signing any job sheet. The following day I arrived home from work and there was no calling card and my broadband continued not to work. As I was so upset I decided to leave calling Virgin to the following morning. After being passed from person to person the following morning I was told that I need to have another come to my house again as the engineer who visited a few days before had not made any notes. On this occasion I was not happy lossing another days work and having to wait an extra week without service and I was put through to a manager called Gemma in the retention team. I explained the situation to her, (failed visits, loss of earnings, demand to clear bill and no broadband) and she said that would pass my complaint on to an Operations Manager who would call me back as some point during the day. Surprise, surprise I go no call back and wasted the lovely day sat in waiting. Then this morning I phone Virgin again to find out why I had not had this call back and what they are planning to do. I get told that Operations Manager do not speak to customers, regardless of what I had been told. I was told that there is nothing else Virgin can do with my complaint and they would be send me a letter of deadlock. So I am now sat here £400 out of pocket, paying for broadband which does not work and all Virgin are willing to do is send me a deadlock letter. That's what you call good customer service, I don't think so!
Bennyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 18-06-2017, 11:32   #2
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
Re: Virgin poor service

If you hsve been offered a deadlock letter then take it, this will allow you to cancel your service free of charge.

If you can prove your loss of eanings then you have every right to take them to small claims court for compensation. The deadlock letter would be a help here too!
pip08456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2017, 12:35   #3
RobboEdin
cf.mega poster

RobboEdin has reached the bronze age
RobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze age
Re: Virgin poor service

I'm sorry to disagree but there is no chance of compensation for loss of earnings in a residential contract with Virgin Media.
RobboEdin is offline   Reply With Quote