Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | SH3 Wi-Fi Range

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

SH3 Wi-Fi Range

Old 09-05-2017, 01:14   #1
PAULRYAN52
cf.member

PAULRYAN52 is an unknown quantity at this point
SH3 Wi-Fi Range

Hi, what's the SH3 Wi-Fi range like compared to the SH2-AC,I'm getting 200M installed next Monday, should be a good upgrade from Sky Fibre Max
PAULRYAN52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 09-05-2017, 01:51   #2
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
Re: SH3 Wi-Fi Range

In my experience i think it is the same as my SH2ac.
Old 09-05-2017, 10:32   #3
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array

Just as good as the SH2AC
jb66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 14:43   #4
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

WiFi range though will always depend on your home and various other factors so will vary for everyone.
Old 09-05-2017, 17:55   #5
dannybear
Inactive

Services: Sky+ HD / VM 100Mb
dannybear can only hope to improve

I found that the wireless range on SH3 is slightly better than the SH2ac, but not a major big gain.
dannybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2017, 18:16   #6
toonlight
cf.addict

Location: On the highest mountian, looking into your bedroom wondering..hehe
Services: B/B VM100 (MB)
toonlight is a jewel in the roughtoonlight is a jewel in the roughtoonlight is a jewel in the roughtoonlight is a jewel in the roughtoonlight is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAULRYAN52 View Post
Hi, what's the SH3 Wi-Fi range like compared to the SH2-AC,I'm getting 200M installed next Monday, should be a good upgrade from Sky Fibre Max
To go off the point a little butt VM modems aren't known for their WI-FI qualities (range) just to put that out there.... but if you are going to move to VM200, you would get best out of wired network (speed) rather than a wireless one. With using connections with a Ethernet cable + network switch & some plugs + sockets around the places you need.... you'll have little issues + very simple to set up. With wireless you'll have more than you can shake a stick at (issues/problems), if you want a good as secure connection. Note the word "secure connection" as wireless isn't, I think I don't need to provide any examples why I hope..........

It's your own choice plus your own health issues with regards to (exposer) wireless routers with consideration their long term effects on the human body (DNA) just as with smart meters You don't use them

Any issues don't hesitate on ask - I don't bite
toonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2017, 18:33   #7
Sephiroth
Simples

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by toonlight View Post
To go off the point a little butt VM modems aren't known for their WI-FI qualities (range) just to put that out there.... but if you are going to move to VM200, you would get best out of wired network (speed) rather than a wireless one.
<SNIP>
An impractical suggestion in the context of smart phones and tablets.

My advice is at your risk.
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2017, 18:54   #8
PAULRYAN52
cf.member

PAULRYAN52 is an unknown quantity at this point

my pc will be connected with wire, but rest will be wireless
PAULRYAN52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2017, 23:40   #9
Aye Up
Barking up the wrong tree

Services: VM Gig1
Aye Up will become famous soon enoughAye Up will become famous soon enoughAye Up will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by toonlight View Post
To go off the point a little butt VM modems aren't known for their WI-FI qualities (range) just to put that out there.... but if you are going to move to VM200, you would get best out of wired network (speed) rather than a wireless one. With using connections with a Ethernet cable + network switch & some plugs + sockets around the places you need.... you'll have little issues + very simple to set up. With wireless you'll have more than you can shake a stick at (issues/problems), if you want a good as secure connection. Note the word "secure connection" as wireless isn't, I think I don't need to provide any examples why I hope..........

It's your own choice plus your own health issues with regards to (exposer) wireless routers with consideration their long term effects on the human body (DNA) just as with smart meters You don't use them

Any issues don't hesitate on ask - I don't bite
What a load of bollocks!

Are you a member of the tin hat brigade?

For a start its long recognised that SH2/AC are good routers, fixed many of the flaws in SH1. SH3 granted it had its quirks and that not so convenient issue with the chipset causing erratic pings. The wifi on the other hand is a lot stronger and meets a high spec of AC wireless standards......so its wifi is better than the last.

Then you talk about Wifi connections not being secure, name a situation or incident where an average joe has managed to hack a WPA(2)-PSK secured connection? There is no known hack to joe bloggs, we all know WEP is incredibly insecure, yet SH2 and SH3 ship with WPA enabled by default. Again you talk a load of bollocks.

and then the crap about health.......FFS only ionising radiation can alter the cells in the body. Non ionising radiation which routers, mobiles, telephones et al emit is harmless and there has been no credible study to suggest otherwise.

Buddy you'd be better off giving advice to your mates in that nuclear bunker you built, because what you've given here is nonsense.
Aye Up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2017, 00:51   #10
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Ok, take it down a notch, there was no need for such a tone.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2017, 01:08   #11
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aye Up View Post
Non ionising radiation which routers, mobiles, telephones et al emit is harmless and there has been no credible study to suggest otherwise.
you clearly haven't seen the news today. 100 petrol stations round the country spontaneously combusted when drivers used their phones on the forecourt
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2017, 07:58   #12
Sephiroth
Simples

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star

Tone apart, Aye Up is right about non-ionising radiation.

My advice is at your risk.
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2017, 08:31   #13
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array

Very much enjoyed the tone, good read
jb66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2017, 09:36   #14
Synthetic
cf.geek

Synthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb66 View Post
Very much enjoyed the tone, good read
Agreed, Well said mate
Synthetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2017, 22:45   #15
Aye Up
Barking up the wrong tree

Services: VM Gig1
Aye Up will become famous soon enoughAye Up will become famous soon enoughAye Up will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul M View Post
Ok, take it down a notch, there was no need for such a tone.
Forgive me, but such a ludicrous post deserved the response I gave. You have been running this forum for yonks and its always been a place of straight talking and helpful input. What he said was not helpful, you know it and everyone else does, it was a pile of crap.

The OP came on here for friendly advice, something he isn't getting from the tin foil hat brigade.

I apologise if my tone of post is coarse, however none of what I said is factually inaccurate. The last thing this forum needs is a nutjob who thinks you can get cancer standing next to a router...........basic physics would tell you otherwise.
Aye Up is offline   Reply With Quote