Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | BT free channel on Freesat?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Freesat & Freeview

BT free channel on Freesat?

Old 02-06-2017, 12:45   #1
telegramsam
telegramsam

Services: Sky Q,Multiscreen, Sky phone line, Sky broadband,Free view.
telegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant future
BT free channel on Freesat?

Hi could anyone tell me whether it's possible to get the BT sports freeview channel on Freesat? I was hoping to see the Champions League final tomorrow night but I'm not at home and only have access to Freesat. It's not on the EPG but I was wondering if it can be accessed by manually tuning into it? Anyone know and if so how to get it please?
telegramsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 02-06-2017, 14:27   #2
nodrogd
cf.mega poster

Services: Maxit + Movies/Sports HD (V6x2), BB350, Anytime Chatter. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG
nodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful one
Re: BT free channel on Freesat?

BT Sport showcase is not available on satellite. Even if it was the signal would have to be encrypted due to broadcast rights issues with neighbouring countries (Freesat can be received on the near continent & in the Irish republic).
nodrogd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 17:12   #3
telegramsam
telegramsam

Services: Sky Q,Multiscreen, Sky phone line, Sky broadband,Free view.
telegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodrogd View Post
BT Sport showcase is not available on satellite. Even if it was the signal would have to be encrypted due to broadcast rights issues with neighbouring countries (Freesat can be received on the near continent & in the Irish republic).
OK thanks for your reply. I guess I will have to just watch the highlights on ITV.

---------- Post added at 16:12 ---------- Previous post was at 16:10 ----------

Just had a thought,don't Sky customers get BT Sport Showcase?
telegramsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 17:54   #4
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one

No - Showcase is not on satellite.

BT Sport 2 SD has a freeview on the Final on Sky - but I don't know if it is soft encrypted for access to all Sky boxes - or if it's truely clear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by telegramsam View Post
ozsat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 17:55   #5
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Services: V.I.P 120 tivo and v+
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by telegramsam View Post
OK thanks for your reply. I guess I will have to just watch the highlights on ITV.

---------- Post added at 16:12 ---------- Previous post was at 16:10 ----------

it being showing on yourtube live to from BT can get 1080p or 4k if you got 4k tv
Dave42 is offline   Reply With Quote