Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | what will I be getting?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

what will I be getting?

Old 05-05-2012, 23:05   #61
carlwaring
Permanently Banned

Services: XL TV, XL Phone, 30mb BB, 1TB Tivo
carlwaring has reached the bronze age
carlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze age
Re: what will I be getting?

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlwaring View Post
Well that was interesting.

Just got my contract through and nearly died; but luckily a phone call got the problem sorted.

Problem #1
Price was the same and not lower. (Not really a problem as long as it wasn't higher but did wonder why!) Turns-out that this was a new 12-month contract for all services and therefore my Tivo charge was now £5 and not £3

Problem #2
This was, apparently, a "promotional price" which would increase by £10 at the end of the promotional period. Again, a quick call to retentions explained that it was, indeed, for the full 12 months and I should call to re-negotiate after that time.

So, not paying less but getting higher BB speed. Wish I could pay less and get a lower speed as I don't really have much use for the faster speed Ho hum! Such is life (I think they said that only way to now pay less would be to drop back to 10mb but that would also drop me to M phone and I don't want to do that!)

Also interesting to note that the 'deal' I got - on Monday - they would not be able to offer today.

Just some thoughts and observations for those thinking of changing packages.
And, according to 'My Virgin Media': "You're up and running on one of our new double speed packages." So I really don't know what the truth is now
carlwaring is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 06-05-2012, 03:39   #62
Martyn
Inactive

Services: Sky TV 2TB HD - Fiber Pro
Martyn is an unknown quantity at this point

i got my 60mb from 10mb pushed instantly, and for only £1 extra
Martyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 09:49   #63
kwikbreaks
cf.mega poster

Services: Plusnet FTTC, FoxSat HDR for TV, Vonage VOIP.
kwikbreaks has reached the bronze age
kwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze age

Quote:
And, according to 'My Virgin Media': "You're up and running on one of our new double speed packages." So I really don't know what the truth is now
Yet still you seem unable to grasp why folks bitch about VM.
kwikbreaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 10:38   #64
carlwaring
Permanently Banned

carlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze age

Erm... no. Not at all. I just don't agree with all the points ever raised.
Old 06-05-2012, 10:45   #65
TbGbe
Inactive

Services: Phone M, 10Mb, TV XL (V+)
TbGbe is on a distinguished roadTbGbe is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Well, it seems you've put onto one the "new" BB tiers and will not see the free Doublespeed upgrade i.e. you've changed tiers and already got the new speed.
TbGbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 10:48   #66
carlwaring
Permanently Banned

Oh well. 30's fast enough for me. Just wish they'd get the upload sorted. (Just under 2; should be 3!) I feel another call to second-line might be in order
Old 06-05-2012, 16:53   #67
TbGbe
Inactive

Services: Phone M, 10Mb, TV XL (V+)
TbGbe is on a distinguished roadTbGbe is on a distinguished road

According to Virgin forums, the uploads will be done after all downloads (in an area) because they need to check/verify stability of new speeds !?
TbGbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 17:30   #68
carlwaring
Permanently Banned

Meh! Fair enough. 2mb's fast enough